Author Topic: Is the influx of new players, in your opinion, good or bad? Here's my take:  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
Majority of them just probably play for week or 2 and quit when they realise the harsh reality that they are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to looms, money and melee skills.

Yeah, but that's why I enjoy crpg, it doesn't cater to carebear pussies that want an easy game with everything handed to them on a plate, there are a shit ton other games out there that do that already.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
New players are good for the community, it makes everyone feel good to kill a peasant.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
This topic could be Food: Good or bad, your thoughts.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
=( I can't trick them into thinking that alt+x turns on autoblock, it is a right of passage dammit. Stupid WSE.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
This topic could be Food: Good or bad, your thoughts.

Hmm... Let's see! I think good food is good, and bad food is bad. 3 new things i ate and ejoyed in the course of this week:

Amazing chocolate milk for a very affordable price! Been 30% off this week.

Mini salami sausage. If it wasn't so pricey, i would eat this stuff whole day!

A new smoothie! YAY! Love them! Tastes great and it's supposed to be healthy!

And of cause MyEggs! Love them! Took ostrich embryo this week - that shit ripped my asshole from bellybutton, and all the way up to spine on the other side. Was totally worth it! Just 8 more eggs to go!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 08:59:43 am by Armpit_Sweat »
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
New members is a good thing. If nobody joins, someday everybody will be permabanned. In fact if only 7 players survive its over cuz there is no multi with only 7 people.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
I'm rolling only a +3 Two Handed Sword and a +1 Heavy Kuyak on my alt. Whenever I use a different character I have no looms and do fine or better.
You do better without looms?

I usually don't do this, but... PM me mate, i will help you relieve yourself of the rest of them :wink:

No need to thank me.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
I think it's bad because if we can keep out the new blood we will slowly morph into some kind of foul malodorous creature that feasts on it's own excrement. Wouldn't that be merry!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
More noobs= more peasants to mow down. Fire up your strength builds boys, looks like meat's back on the menu!

Why str builds tho? You get more damage of a normal PS and high PS and movement speed damage
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 01:41:39 pm by dreadnok »

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
ok with this thread in mind i now pledge to stop trolling peasant noobies and start ...

being nice!

I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Melee skills yes. Skill in general, ok.

Money, no. Looms, partly.

Always the same argument. You easily do 500k gold in the first generation. You easily get 30-50k during the first 20 levels, especially newer players that may respec once or twice. Money is no real problem then, unless they fail hard and directly go Gothic Plate.
Looms got lower advantages with the last patch. Bows and arrows I mean here. Melee weapons difference is about 1 speed and 3 dmg only.
The good players stay, those who are interested in becoming better. The rest, meh, who cares. This is not CoD or WoW.

You do realise that almoust half of people that play crpg are over lvl 31? What can gen 1 guy do?
I hate the fucking grind,grinded 21 gen and i am sick of it,don't want to play at all. They should put lvl cap at 31,remove looms and gens,and alow peole just to have stf chars and that is it.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
I guess in theory it's always good to have new players, but in reality it won't matter, in the case of cRPG that is.

It's not about the learning curve of the game, it's about almost everything else. It's about those 90% of the community who go for peasants first, just to get that easy kill, which is douchebaggery at its finest, and shouldn't grant any kill at all. But it's also because of the community, which is a bunch of trolls, griefers and abusers. People will get kicked and horsebumped all the time by their team"mates", and with their lack of armour they will probably even lose HP in that process.

The website itself doesn't explain any correlations between the skills and some mechanics, for example the connection of PD and WPF or WPF and armour weight. When they find out by ingame message it's usually too late for the moment.

I mean: the only thing which players get for their start is

cRPG is one of the most popular modifications for Mount&Blade Warband. It adds persistent multiplayer and an online campaign.

Wow. Really helpfull. You even missed to opportunity to change the expectations by saying something like "In this game it is important to play together with the other players in your team, to support and help each other to be able to win the round" or something like that, I am convinced the gameplay on the servers would benefit from it, but instead we have 90% of "autowalker-Rambo-lemmings" who constantly stay under the full potential of their class, making balancing the game really difficult, since players who do use the full potential become OP if you balance around those lemmings.

And yes, I also share the opinion that looms, at least in their current shape, are something which works actively AGAINST a steady influx of new players. A direct and moderate power gain is a really bad solution for looms.

Players should be taught the game while registering and creating their character, it's the right moment because everything is new and thus they will keep attention. If you want to influence the behaviour of players, you have to get them "young". Once they played the game for a while they create habits, and it's almost impossible to change them after that point. And no, nobody reads the beginner section in the forum. Don't come up with that.

TL;DR:

The introduction of the game is almost non existant, which is bad both for the new players (for obvious reasons) and for the community (because the opportunity was missed to influence new players the right way), and with the current state of the game (skill, generation and loom difference) and the community (trolls, griefers, abusers, assholes) you can be happy if the Steam summer sale will bring five new, constant players.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
+17
I think it's bad because if we can keep out the new blood we will slowly morph into some kind of foul malodorous creature that feasts on it's own excrement. Wouldn't that be merry!

Had to consult Google for "mal-odorous", but in the end, i consider it to be a success!

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
I dunno I havent played much recently but I dont think it's as bad as all that is it joker? As far as "peasant hunting" goes, that's a state of mind you'll get in any online pvp game anywhere. It's "noob hunting" - easy kills and crpg is going to be no different for that.

I think players would generally expect it, and look forward to the time when they are no longer the easy kills (and it's probably this group that do the most peasant slaying).

Then you progress and decide you dont wanna kill the peasant because you feel sorry for him, or you dont.

The <20 lvl server is supposed to ease players into the game isnt it? Or at least give them chance to level b4 they play with the big boys.

I havent played there myself and ive heard it's not that much fun. If older players (older accounts) are playing there then I think the <20 sever should only be for players whos accounts are less than 1 month old. I think that's plenty of time for even casual players to wet their feet.

They dont have to start at lvl 1 either. When levelling becomes a chore they can make a stf and play that for a while.

Maybe pushing new players into making a stf first would be helpful?

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
I think the <20 sever should only be for players whos accounts are less than 1 month old.

The new players need the old to XP too, there would be 0 players on that server with that limitation (and there is 0 players without, most of the time).