Author Topic: RE: Admin Transparency  (Read 6512 times)

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
Re: Request for Admin Transparency
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2013, 10:21:49 pm »
+1
Have headache, didn't read anything.

If you say anything negative in this thread, you are a whiner. Go play another game, or jerk off.
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2013, 10:59:07 pm »
Just let us read the Admin forums already!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2013, 05:24:06 am »
It doesn't matter if you try to manipulate what I said I know the server rules and what I do is perfectly within my rights as a player.

If you can find this mythological rule that every person must fight the nearest enemy at all times I'll be happy to abide by it. Until then I'll continue to role-play my Jedi Master who only fights in self-defense. Maybe if you too pretended to be a Jedi you'd lighten up and stop being a mad try-hard.

Here is the Jedi Code to get you started:

There is no emotion...
There is peace.
There is no ignorance...
There is knowledge.
There is no passion...
There is serenity.
There is no chaos...
There is harmony.
There is no death...
There is the force.

If you are unable or unwilling to embrace a lighter play style then feel free to find me on the battlefield and try to kill me. You probably wont succeed, but if you do I want you to know that I'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Best post in thread so far.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2013, 06:34:20 am »
Are you expecting, like, professionalism from the "leaders" of this community?

hahahahhahahahahaahhaaaaaa
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 06:34:55 am »
fuuucking adorable
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 09:35:10 pm »
All I will say is there have been a lot of problems with admins not knowing the rules, acting wrongly upon the rules, etc. These admins (in my experience) include: Ganner, Muki, Kelugarn (FROYO) off the top of my head. I can elaborate on those 3 if needed.

GrannPappy hasn't done anything out of the ordinary that I have seen except tell someone to get off a mountain when he couldn't have enorced that because it was reachable by foot and could shoot down from with ranged.

Offline Dooz

• Duke
  • Renown: 674
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Horrible_Human
    • View Profile
    • Wasteland Fight Club
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2013, 10:42:33 pm »
+3
All the whistleblowing drama with supporters and detractors across the spectrum of a Glenn Greenwald, Jeremy Scahill Washington/Global political thriller. Imagine if you people put this much effort into anything that mattered. Maybe we'd be living in a world that wasn't created from Orwell's imagination. Or not. KILL NOOBS

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 10:58:51 pm »
+7
I call granpappy a decrepid hulk hogan. He's not  bad guy. This dude don't get that majority of these players are friends, NA is such a small community. After more than 2 years I'm friends with majority of an players. I don't mind if people fuck with me. I don't see why you give such fucks about rules being enforced. Its nerf or nothing bra

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2013, 12:21:08 am »
Well that is one opinion of what happened. Kolee and Khmer may have their own opinion.

I asked you specifically, "Were they forcing duels?". Your answer: "No." So Kelugarn's reponse of "forcing duels is against the rules" do not apply.

What happened? "They were walking past each other and did a little up block and went on by." So they weren't interfering with teammates attempting to kill that player, so again, "instances of bro-coding that negatively impact your team" also didn't apply.

The only thing you described was players choosing to bypass each other, and since as you personally described it, there were other players alive on both teams, the round was not being delayed.

The rules are enforced as written. In lovely Smoothrich's example, the rule that says you cannot switch characters as I did 2 years ago, which allows you to spawn again in a round did not exist. Now that it does exist, it has been adhered to and enforced as written.

In this case, choosing not to attack the closest enemy also is not against the rules with the above caveats (forcing duels, interfering with teammates via bro-coding, or delaying the round by refusing to engage as one of the last alive). Otherwise, by that interpretation, I would be forced to ban dozens of players every round, including every cavalry that races past each other to spawn rape wouldn't I?

I'm sorry you didn't get the result you felt you deserved. However, you provided no screenshots that could perhaps have filled in where your words have failed to describe a situation where rules were broken. I feel bad for you that you've allowed the loss of a round to consume you for such a long period of time. Shadowren's reminder to have fun and remember that it is a game meant to be played as such as very pertinent.

Not engaging the enemy when your teammates relly on your support, and then you move away and leave them for the slaughter is impacting your team negatively.

I say start enforcing the rules and brig this bro-coding(some people forget their teammates ARE their bro's at the time) to an abrupt end.

Offline Wrangham

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • In-game: Wrang
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 12:47:44 am »
Edited OP with admin responses. NA1 admins please feel free to post here or PM me and I will add your answer to the OP.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: RE: Admin Transparency
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 01:48:54 am »
Wrang I'd like to point out how the quote you chose to put next to my name is misleading. The part about bitching and moaning refers strictly to the manner in which people present their complaints and the lack of formality and respect found in most ban threads. As with most things being civil and sensible works in your favor far better than coming off as a flippant egocentric and that's what the line you chose refers to, not to my interpretations of the rules.

I'd also like to say that as I have spent more time viewing the community and playing the game as an admin my views have shifted and the ways in which I've dealt with punishments and offenses have shifted too . As an unpaid volunteer making calls on my own it's hard to set a precedent and stick with it early on, that's why my stance on things like bro-coding is changing.

Offline Wrangham

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • In-game: Wrang
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 02:30:33 am »
+3
Wrang I'd like to point out how the quote you chose to put next to my name is misleading. The part about bitching and moaning refers strictly to the manner in which people present their complaints and the lack of formality and respect found in most ban threads. As with most things being civil and sensible works in your favor far better than coming off as a flippant egocentric and that's what the line you chose refers to, not to my interpretations of the rules.

Thank you for responding. I will not remove the quote in the OP because there is overwhelming evidence which leads me to believe you do not take bro-coding seriously. You have not addressed, for example, the discrepancies in ban duration and failure to factor ban history in your Kolee/Khmer warning. Nevertheless I will add your protest to the OP in the spirit of fairness.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 04:03:52 am »
+1
I don't understand why people don't kill their friends. It is much more fun to slay them on the battlefield then to just stand next to them!

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 07:36:31 am »
Thank you for responding. I will not remove the quote in the OP because there is overwhelming evidence which leads me to believe you do not take bro-coding seriously. You have not addressed, for example, the discrepancies in ban duration and failure to factor ban history in your Kolee/Khmer warning. Nevertheless I will add your protest to the OP in the spirit of fairness.

What I tried to convey in the last post is that my actions in the past do not necessarily reflect future actions I may take. It's impossible to say that there's evidence pointing to one verdict or another when I am dealing with bans on a case-by-case basis and therefore treat each situation as unique if possible. It is true that in the past I did not view bro-code offenses with the same gravity as things such as team killing, but with the change in the nature of bro-coding offenses (increasing severity) and my own changing opinions on the matter I am starting to shift my position.

Regarding the ban history of Kolee and Khmer, Kolee had no priors while Khmer only had two priors for teamwounding. Their lack of bans and/or bans for this type of offense was the reason I issued only a warning. Simply assuming that they were repeat offenders with plenty of priors would have only made any ban an unjust over-reaction. Needless to say that further instances of this behavior will not be tolerated, as stated in the original warning.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 07:49:01 am »
+1
Wait, this bullshit is still going on?

(click to show/hide)
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.