Author Topic: War on Apostates  (Read 55664 times)

Offline Flans

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
  • I come to eat you at night
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunion_Odysseus
  • IRC nick: Flans
Re: War on Apostates
« Reply #720 on: September 29, 2013, 06:40:52 pm »
its mostly some of the wolves with the we be best in the world ever we are so far up our own arses we can see out of our mouths attitudes :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
someones feeling a little hurt ;)
I wanted an avatar as cool as the Nords ones, but I have no skill with Photoshop, or Illustrator or anything like that >:(

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #721 on: September 29, 2013, 06:41:34 pm »
not really :P if we win we gloat a little sure but you guys win some battles and post acting like your gods of strat :P just gets annoying ^^ (you sound just like nocti n crew used to :D)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #722 on: September 29, 2013, 06:43:15 pm »
+1
Aaaaaand once again Coalition didn't helped mates when they were alive, yay.  :twisted:

We've helped them a lot already and if they throw their troops and castles away like free candy, why would we continue to help them like we did before? It's not just Merc- or Templol-tickets that are thrown away.

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #723 on: September 29, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »
+1
We've helped them a lot already and if they throw their troops and castles away like free candy, why would we continue to help them like we did before? It's not just Merc- or Templol-tickets that are thrown away.
Funny hearing it from you, weren't you the one saying merc commander were shit just before coalition got their ass handed over when coming to dhirim?
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 29, 2013, 08:41:44 pm »
Funny hearing it from you, weren't you the one saying merc commander were shit just before coalition got their ass handed over when coming to dhirim?

Oh you mean those 5 field battles like...uff 6 weeks ago?
Yeah, we failed with 2 armies and the other ones we were doing just fine. We lost but those 2 were actual failes. So what, maybe we lost like 3k tickets there? That's acceptable considering we had many glorious battles before and those are the only real failures i can remember in this strategus. Our commanders are excellent and you can definitely notice that on the outcome of battles when they command. And Mercs? You managed to drive your clan apart and just basically gifting UIF tenthousands of tickets, a whole other story here.

Yes, one particular merc commander was shit, the others i could easily handle with although there have been horrible decisions throughout many merc-battles, but those were not the reasons why so many from Coalition started hating on Mercs. They started hating on Mercs because of the way the Mercs treated their allies and how Mercs dealt with the support they got from Coalition when shit hit the fan.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #725 on: September 29, 2013, 10:50:00 pm »
+1
they are
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 30, 2013, 01:58:10 am »
Not entirely sure what you mean Fips, I cant imagine Haboe or Tyr being like that.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 30, 2013, 02:09:31 am »
Not entirely sure what you mean Fips, I cant imagine Haboe or Tyr being like that.

I wasn't talking about anyone specific or saying any names?!

It doesn't matter anyway, the issues have been dealt with.

Offline Zomg

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • Lord of Sungetche
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • IRC nick: Kebabmeister
« Reply #728 on: September 30, 2013, 07:26:59 am »
I check this thread time to time. And for perhaps once in a long time, the only post with proper attitude, understanding and QQ-less post I have saw, is from SirCymro_Crusader. And (I suppose accidentally?) it was taken in a wrong-way by Erasmas.

I like these QQ threads. Both sides like to bitch. And it is fun to read, to be honest. You also kind of see how people act, in such scenarios. Though I want to congratulate UIF and give a kudos to Apostates. It is nice to see some offensive to our lands now, and it is actually great to see how civilized both sides could be, during that.

On losing fiefs and shit:
Sadly, last night, they lost Fidsnar. Just because of the equipment bug. (again: not Free Peasants problem. Owner should have checked it) Before that, Wolves got the Apos castle with 10k or so troop? Lacking ladders and construction side, again, not Wolves problem. Sad that the fief owners could be a bit more active, so that they could have avoided that shit.

Though I am a firm believer of respecting both sides; I also want to say it is an awesome experience to see Kapıkulu guys ranting here. I don't know jackshit about UIF internal politics or how they do business, but till I see some evidence, I will just keep assuming Kapıkulu as bunch of Turks, lurking and following their masters. (Its not racist, if you are Turk as well!) (let the hate flow through you kapıkulu!)

Offline Silicium

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A pilgrim
  • Game nicks: Silicium_The_Pilgrim, Silicium
« Reply #729 on: September 30, 2013, 11:41:54 am »
+1
Oh you mean those 5 field battles like...uff 6 weeks ago?
Yeah, we failed with 2 armies and the other ones we were doing just fine. We lost but those 2 were actual failes. So what, maybe we lost like 3k tickets there? That's acceptable considering we had many glorious battles before and those are the only real failures i can remember in this strategus.
Those fight against Kapikulu you mean? Kapikulu aren't quite the greys, that being said even after the operation your faction toke part in Dhirim there were still badly commanded battle from your side, so that is not completely true.

I did not see any of us complaining about it in any case.

Our commanders are excellent and you can definitely notice that on the outcome of battles when they command. And Mercs? You managed to drive your clan apart and just basically gifting UIF tenthousands of tickets, a whole other story here.

Excellent is a big word for your commanders, wen it cam to do the open field battle such as that one battle against the greys 2k v 2k, The Greys managed to keep 1300 alive, without any flag being capped, and there are several battles like this after Dhirim, I can significantly the difference indeed, your faction might have good commanders but excellent certainly not, inc the why I never bother joining Coalition battle since some months ago on top of the occasionally application I throw out.

Yes, one particular merc commander was shit, the others i could easily handle with although there have been horrible decisions throughout many merc-battles, but those were not the reasons why so many from Coalition started hating on Mercs. They started hating on Mercs because of the way the Mercs treated their allies and how Mercs dealt with the support they got from Coalition when shit hit the fan.
That issue as already been addressed already, and like many other factions including yours there have been bad choice done by both side as well as bad people commanding, but the one thing you don't seem to realise, is that despite our commander getting tired of facing a large amount of opposite faction  and having to command each day, we did do well, it was only a matter of time before we would lose all fief at this rate, your help was of no use to bring an impact on the situation and if you had only planned to send 10k each time you had better kept 'em for your self since it would have just made more sense simply because those troops that have been lost for the other block could have just been regenerated by the faction you faced within the time you held back planning your next assault, your leader promised us reinforcement after holding certain period of time, but seeing that that wasn't true we no longer bothered either.

That some Merc started to treat their allies that isn't new, but i do agree that it shouldn't have happened, one of the reason i suggested cymro to make our own faction and do things our way, the only thing i can say in this, is that there is no innocent in this, have seen Merc trashed Hre,and Fallen, same for Fallen and Hre, and it brings to no where, we can point finger as much as we want it won't solve the issue, it was also like this wen i was in templar also but i honestly I did not give a fuck.
One degree makes all the differencevisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Cymro on Phase application for Merc

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #730 on: September 30, 2013, 12:46:05 pm »
+3
Instead mutual accusations, better organize a common defense and gather all survivors in the middle of Coalition territory, because there will be no mercy from our side  :twisted:

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #731 on: September 30, 2013, 01:22:52 pm »
Instead mutual accusations, better organize a common defense and gather all survivors in the middle of Coalition territory, because there will be no mercy from our side  :twisted:

One-liner. Definitely deserves the warning. :D Although very RP as well, sooo though bitch to swallow for moderators :D :D :D

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #732 on: September 30, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »
+6
Jeirbe castle may have been equipment bugged, but they had ladders for most of the fight, although perhaps they rationed them carefully. The front roof was taken back from time to time at the start by defense thanks to their ladders. Defenders laddered across the breach and kept a presence on the front until these were broken. Like i said though, it may just have been conservative use of ladders, but that implies they had too few, not that the bug stopped them using any. Same with ranged, they had some, but they just ran out.

As for Fisdnar, that was just destiny, the gods were clearly on the free peasants side rewarding their devotion. How can i tell? Because i ended up dueling a couple of players 1on1 in that battle and won lol, their armour appeared to be of a high standard, as were their weapons. So even *i* got a positive k/d without killstealing, in totally legit 1on1 fights  :shock: ....the only explanation is divine intervention, i was a spawn guard for most of the battle after 2 initial forays into their village, i didn't partake in the spawn rape. The gods themselves granted me wisdom and the ability to block during that battle! Was same for the whole team, gods granted them strength.

Fisdnar was won because of superb, well planned and exact commanding in phrases like (not 100% accurate):

-"if you, eeh, go sort of up the hill aaaaand kill the guys on top of it it would be totally like awesome"

or in the midst of battle when the commander shouts out
-"look at the cabbage in the fields man- its great, Fisdnar is the greatest freakin place on earth with the best cabbage fields imagineable"

and
"you know man, I am shitfaced and really stoned aswell so im not sure if we brought any ladders??" 

Awesome fight peasants, it has been fun watching the story about Fisdnar - they really should steal the story and make it into a movie

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #733 on: September 30, 2013, 07:49:14 pm »
+6
As for Fisdnar, that was just destiny, the gods were clearly on the free peasants side rewarding their devotion. How can i tell? Because i ended up dueling a couple of players 1on1 in that battle and won lol, their armour appeared to be of a high standard, as were their weapons. So even *i* got a positive k/d without killstealing, in totally legit 1on1 fights  :shock: ....the only explanation is divine intervention, i was a spawn guard for most of the battle after 2 initial forays into their village, i didn't partake in the spawn rape. The gods themselves granted me wisdom and the ability to block during that battle! Was same for the whole team, gods granted them strength.

I can only agree.  There's seven of us and we took it in seven battles, it doesn't get any more destiny than that.

Another preview image from the upcoming history of the free peasants of Fisdnar tapestry, chadz and Harold banishing Arys to NA:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 30, 2013, 08:16:23 pm »
there have been horrible decisions throughout many merc-battles

I have participated in plenty of mercs battles and never seen such poor commanding like in one of coalitions battles against greys. Don't be so self righteous  :rolleyes:

(click to show/hide)