Author Topic: First one to whine about it first one to my old friend about it!  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: First one to whine about it first one to my old friend about it!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 06:45:58 pm »
+1
And what about that 6am battle that happened the same morning? Shit happens, right? Is it a forgivable mistake when you fuck up and evil hypocrisy when we fuck up?

Historically we haven't been the most vocal faction railing against bad nighttime settings, only to change tune when we ourselves have our nighttimes set to something that's supposedly "bad for the community".

I advocate my faction members not to set a nighttime

As for the battle the same morning, we could have waited on it... but since that evening attack was nighttimed to 3am, we thought we might as well go for broke, since I, for one, was going to be active in the early hours already. The fact that it was going to happen the same morning as a 3am fight was the reason why we let it happen at that hour.

Basically yeah, you guys (at least your chief spokesman) are literal hypocrites, what we do to be contrary is in reaction to it. That's what happens when you have such a constant presence on the forums complaining about every move your enemy makes, you get the same back in spades.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2013, 07:17:34 pm »
+2
Historically we haven't been the most vocal faction railing against bad nighttime settings, only to change tune when we ourselves have our nighttimes set to something that's supposedly "bad for the community".

I advocate my faction members not to set a nighttime

As for the battle the same morning, we could have waited on it... but since that evening attack was nighttimed to 3am, we thought we might as well go for broke, since I, for one, was going to be active in the early hours already. The fact that it was going to happen the same morning as a 3am fight was the reason why we let it happen at that hour.

Basically yeah, you guys (at least your chief spokesman) are literal hypocrites, what we do to be contrary is in reaction to it. That's what happens when you have such a constant presence on the forums complaining about every move your enemy makes, you get the same back in spades.

Hypocrisy is rampant all across the board and present in every faction, except for maybe like 3-4 small ones. Being more vocal just brings more attention to it, doesn't mean it is any less or worse than the average amount thrown around these forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2013, 07:23:01 pm »
+2
Hypocrisy is rampant all across the board and present in every faction, except for maybe like 3-4 small ones. Being more vocal just brings more attention to it, doesn't mean it is any less or worse than the average amount thrown around these forums.

And in complaining about people complaining about things even they are doing but then doing it back to spite them, it deepens the hypocrisy all around and makes for one hell of a confusing sentence.

That's the thing about hypocrisy, though, the more you speak against something, the worse you look when you do it yourself. That, I think, is the problem people have here.

Offline Gristle

• Duke
  • Renown: 560
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BRD
  • Game nicks: Gristle_BRD
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 07:23:31 pm »
+1
Canary, this question now goes to you:

You have a problem with one player, so you blame the whole faction? Does that seem reasonable to you?

Changed our tune? I'm in here saying that a 5am battle is no good, regardless of whose fault it is. If you have a problem with Kesh, fine. Just don't be blinded by it. Personally, I think everyone can make mistakes.

Tojo says he'll fix it when he gets home. Crisis averted.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 07:30:48 pm »

And in complaining about people complaining about things even they are doing but then doing it back to spite them, it deepens the hypocrisy all around and makes for one hell of a confusing sentence.

That's the thing about hypocrisy, though, the more you speak against something, the worse you look when you do it yourself. That, I think, is the problem people have here.

Whether someone whispers it or shouts it from the top of a building repeatedly, it is all the same to me. I'll yield the latter can potentially be more annoying. ;)

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 07:55:50 pm »
+5
I personally dislike when complaining complainers complain about complainers who complain complainers complain too much. But I'm just complaining.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 09:08:34 pm »
+2
stop trying to steal my spotlight this thread is about ME not your silly complaining about complaining about complaining.

anyway i fixed it now set at 1am and lasts 8 hours. sorry if anyones panties got in a bunch over this
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:12:43 pm by Tojo »

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 11:14:13 pm »
+2
Tojo is always an asshole, always

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 02:25:41 am »
+1
The only factions/folk who should have nighttime set at all are the really, really small ones, who have to do it just to be able to make sure they're able to manage rosters for fights, IMO.

If you've got 15+ dudes chances are pretty good that you'll be able to cover any time period for hiring with at least one of em, and there will always be non-faction people to merc at any given time of day; if you've got 5 dudes chances are significantly less good you'll be around for hiring at crunch time; and if you've got 50+ dudes then it definitely shouldn't be any issue.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2013, 02:49:21 am »
ps: guess we will do like bronto and attack you during day time and use eu merc to do battle instead of na community... pretty lame stuff fcc! but we expect nothing more from you guys.

Backfired on me yesterday and didn't even get to fight my own battle that should've been at 1PM Est. Instead, because of shitty night time settings, it was at 7:30PM or some shit. To me this is when my wife and I are juggling kids trying to get somebody to sleep for the night. The bigger question is, why are there night time settings at all? It's fucking war, shouldn't war been when you want to fight it. I'm sure back in 1000AD they didn't attack someone because the majority of their warriors would be out in the fields or training or whatever. They just fucking attacked and if we want to go down the realism route, MOST BATTLES WERE FOUGHT DURING THE DAY. But hey, FCC can bitch about it, so we're going to too. FCC what a bunch of hypocrites who manipulate night time to benefit them but if you do it, you should feel bad.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 12:50:08 pm »
+2
Night time should be set for the individual no? What if the guy goes to work at 5am and so has to go to sleep earlier :D why should he miss out on the fun ^^

A shit time would be 5pm-1am thats real prime time :P who the hell wants to fight after 11pm anyway
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 05:53:08 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Not to be a ballbuster, but some players actually have nightshifts at work and would still like to fight in their own battles :P

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »
+2
Night time should be set for the individual no? What if the guy goes to work at 5am and so has to go to sleep earlier :D why should he miss out on the fun ^^

A shit time would be 5pm-1am thats real prime time :P who the hell wants to fight after 11pm anyway

These setting were from when I was part of the HG faction in strat, we had only 4 members. Also when I set this I had to get up for work at 6 am, so i was usually in bed by 11pm. Having my night time settings from 10pm to 5 am worked for ME. If someone attacked me I would still be able to participate in the battle. Unless of course they attacked in the middle of the day.

Offline Ladyz

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_LadyZ_
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 09:16:13 pm »
yeah remenber hg when they were new and not fcc bitch they were good people.