Author Topic: Guisarmes  (Read 249 times)

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
Guisarmes
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:45:30 pm »
+6
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BACKGROUND:
In the cRPG polearms department we find some fairly under-used weapons that had a special purpose in warfare. These weapons include the voulge, ranseur, english bill, fauchard, bec de corbin, glaive, fork, and some of the poleaxes. Most of these weapons can be loosely classified as guisarmes. Guisarmes were polearms that came in many forms but all shared a dual functionality -- tearing armor and pulling horsemen out of their saddles. However, they often lacked the cutting power of other infantry polearms.

THE IDEA:
Where you would find your weapon stats, a new stat would be added, titled "Guisarme." Guisarme weapons can pull riders out of their saddles. When a rider is pulled out of his/her saddle, he would simply play the falling-off-of-horse-when-horse-dies animation and end up on the ground. I was separated on how to achieve this, so I came up with a few ideas (feel free to share your own if you like the idea!):
1. a chance, similar to knockdown, on any hit that deals (x) amount of damage
2. a higher chance that only occurs on held attacks dealing (x) amount of damage
3. a 100% chance if the damage dealt bypasses a threshold based on an algorithm involving riding skill, agility, and max HP

Since guisarmes were not designed solely for fighting foot soldiers, the damage of guisarme weapons should be reduced slightly.

The application of this idea would provide new strategy for foot soldiers fighting against cavalry and provide a much more interesting fighting style in close-quarters cavalry combat. It would also bring out new weapon specializations which the cRPG market is currently lacking. I hope you considered this idea and please reply with any feedback!

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Guisarmes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 12:16:57 am »
It's an interesting idea, however its often not needed to pull down riders as a single thrust by a 2h GS or some swings by poles 1hit cavs (not all by far ofc). :p
Just a thought.

Otherwise I like the idea.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me