Author Topic: Make horses take a weapon slot  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Make horses take a weapon slot
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:12:02 pm »
As it says. Horses are weapons that do damage. When they are gone, the player still lives. Just like unsheathable weapons are now.

Make horses take up a single weapon slot. Other classes are already forced to make choices between weapons they used to be able to use. Pure archers must hunt down a dropped weapon in order to melee.  Do this and no other changes need to be made to cavalry.

<looks for Magikarp>
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
Re: Make horses take a weapon slot
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 11:16:27 pm »
As it says. Horses are weapons that do damage. When they are gone, the player still lives. Just like unsheathable weapons are now.

Make horses take up a single weapon slot. Other classes are already forced to make choices between weapons they used to be able to use. Pure archers must hunt down a dropped weapon in order to melee.  Do this and no other changes need to be made to cavalry.

<looks for Magikarp>
Haha, very funny indeed. Next thing you are gonna say is: let Heavy Armour take weapon slots.

My lance now takes up 2 slots, which means I can only take a shield and a bad polearm, like the quarterstaff. Which means I'm pretty much fucked when dismounted.

The only thing wrong with cavalry atm, is the low amount of usage on armoured horses and the overpoweredness of the Arabian Warhorse. We already pay at least double the amount of what you pay to simply ride a light cheap horse, not to mention the costs on better ones.

Don't mind the fish.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 11:32:48 pm »
If you get dismounted, loot a weapon just like the rest of the classes that can no longer carry their armory.

But hey, there are a number of compromises that can be made. As I stated, make this change and keep the Arabian JetPony, keep your 360 degree swivel. Keep it all.

I even support your desire for more armored horses, just bring back piercing to bows.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 11:40:24 pm »
To the original post:

I am a pure archer. I use a Warbow, Two Bodkins, and a Hammer. I consider my self adequate for hunting any horse, though Plated Chargers may take an additional experienced archer, or two, to bring it down in a reasonable time frame.

I don't support the horses taking an additional slot, as I feel that the player base needs additional time to adapt properly for the new patch, and thus how to combat horses properly. Already I am seeing improvement, and in my experience, Pike usage as well as infantry coordination are on the rise again as well as proper range at horses.

I have been consistently able to neutralize a horse on the opposing team as an archer, and find that as long as the mounted cavalry does not significantly outnumber the amount of archers on the opposite team, then there is a proper check and balance.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:42:36 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 11:44:11 pm »
Way to to take the troll bait along with the actual target Tears_of_Destiny  :lol:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 11:47:18 pm »
Way to to take the troll bait along with the actual target Tears_of_Destiny  :lol:

I am attempting to minimize accidental collateral damage in case anyone takes your idea and runs with it in the future.

My faith in the forum population is rather limited, and I acted accordingly.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 11:49:37 pm »

trolls are succesful only when it makes somebody rage... I don't see how u trolled anybody...

I am attempting to minimize accidental collateral damage in case anyone takes your idea and runs with it in the future.

My faith in the forum population is rather limited, and I acted accordingly.

Tears is one of the only guys I saw on the forum that has ALWAYS said things that made sens while always being polite... you can't troll him.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 11:58:20 pm »
trolls are succesful only when it makes somebody rage... I don't see how u trolled anybody...

Hell, just reading the title mad your blood pressure go up 25 points, you rage in your heart baby  :wink:

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 12:00:49 am »
Not a bad idea actually, implemented in next patch. Light horses take 1 slots, heavy horses (Destrier+) take 2.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 12:02:20 am »
Not a bad idea actually, implemented in next patch. Light horses take 1 slots, heavy horses (Destrier+) take 2.

Destrier is a heavier horse, but not a heavy horse, rather a middle weight sort of horse.

True heavy horses are Cataphract and above, which, going off of your pattern, should take up three slots yes? (And perhaps the Donkeys in next patch can be 0 slots, yes?)

Offline Leshanae

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Leshanae
  • IRC nick: Leshanae
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 12:23:24 am »
Make player's ass take a horse slot and call it "arse slot". So we can say "we ride an arse"!

... What? I'm seruous, it'd be really really nice, we will see who rides an arse in front of a computer better (and call him the master Master Arserider), that would show whether he's a good player in Warband. And that will really weaken any horseman, for riding an arse is really tougher.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:26:36 am by Leshanae »
"No one ever wins. No one finally loses, except the dead. Under the sun they rot together with absolute biological equality" (c) Berzerker

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 12:32:11 am »
But hey, there are a number of compromises that can be made. As I stated, make this change and keep the Arabian JetPony, keep your 360 degree swivel. Keep it all.

Well I would pay a fair price to see the JetPony down.

edit : although I'm cav

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2011, 12:53:05 am »

maybe he means every horse higher the destrier...destrier ist really an armor horse, it has good ironflesh but is still slow. give all armore horses 2 slots. that makes sense, but i guess cmpx meant that anyways...and btw: what about light armored (padded textile armor) horses?  :mrgreen:
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2011, 12:58:44 am »
Horses are ultimate weapons make them 5 slots !

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2011, 01:40:16 am »

I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.