Author Topic: long 1h mace  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
long 1h mace
« on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:50 pm »
I would really like to see a mace with 90 range or something like that what do you guys think?
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
Re: long 1h mace
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:07:35 pm »
+2
If it were to be an effective mace.  It would have to be heavy.  A long heavy mace that can be used in one hand does not exist.  The military hammer is the longest that will probably be allowed.

The issue would be how Top heavy the weapon would be if it was too long and heavy at the same time.  Otherwise it would be delicate and would not do much damage.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 10:10:37 pm »
well ofc it wouldnt swing as fast as lets say italian sword, i mean something like morning star but viable in 1h.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 10:18:42 pm »
+1
well ofc it wouldnt swing as fast as lets say italian sword, i mean something like morning star but viable in 1h.

You don't understand.  A mace that big would not be able to be used in one hand effectively.  Try holding a sledgehammer in one hand and swing it.  It is not possible to do it comfortably and efficiently.

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 10:24:42 pm »
You don't understand.  A mace that big would not be able to be used in one hand effectively.  Try holding a sledgehammer in one hand and swing it.  It is not possible to do it comfortably and efficiently.

Yet somehow the goedendag and morningstar function as one handers when you hold a shield?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 10:24:49 pm »

sledge hammer has two sided head, i meant a long stick with metal head covered with spikes it neednt to be big, lets say one third of size of morningstar head, just with sufficent reach to trade with tin can 2h.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »
+1
Yet somehow the goedendag and morningstar function as one handers when you hold a shield?

You must of missed the word "Efficiently"

sledge hammer has two sided head, i meant a long stick with metal head covered with spikes it neednt to be big, lets say one third of size of morningstar head, just with sufficent reach to trade with tin can 2h.

If there is too much weight on one end of a long hammer and you hit something with it.  It would wobble the rest of the weapon if not break it.  I am not fighting against what you are saying.  It just logically would never work in real life.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 10:45:30 pm »
+1
I don't think this community is that bad to deserve effective blunt 1H cav.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 10:46:13 pm »
You must of missed the word "Efficiently"

If there is too much weight on one end of a long hammer and you hit something with it.  It would wobble the rest of the weapon if not break it.  I am not fighting against what you are saying.  It just logically would never work in real life.
that doesnt make sense, sledge hammer has a huge head, shaft is made of wood and it doesnt break easily. strenght of the shaft is related to the material it is made of, and much less to its lenght. also there are things like polehammers, how does it come they dont break after few hits?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 10:48:25 pm »
I don't think this community is that bad to deserve effective blunt 1H cav.
90 is not enough to be used as cav weapon [this is why cav sword is over 100] plus if you get hit by a weap in full charge it doesnt matter much what type weapon it is.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 10:48:42 pm »
+1
that doesnt make sense, sledge hammer has a huge head, shaft is made of wood and it doesnt break easily. strenght of the shaft is related to the material it is made of, and much less to its lenght. also there are things like polehammers, how does it come they dont break after few hits?

Polehammers usually had a VERY thick shaft that was reinforced towards the end of it to ensure that it would only break under extreme circumstances.  Since a Pole-hammer is being used in two hands.  They did not have to worry about weight as much.

90 is not enough to be used as cav weapon [this is why cav sword is over 100] plus if you get hit by a weap in full charge it doesnt matter much what type weapon it is.

Just because you don't think it would be effective does not mean it cannot be.  I have seen players do very well with a 92 length sword on Horseback.  It all depends on the skill of the player.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 10:50:22 pm »
Polehammers usually had a VERY thick shaft that was reinforced towards the end of it to ensure that it would only break under extreme circumstances.  Since a Pole-hammer is being used in two hands.  They did not have to worry about weight as much.

Just because you don't think it would be effective does not mean it cannot be.  I have seen players do very well with a 92 length sword on Horseback.  It all depends on the skill of the player.
why does 1h warhammer work then?

exactly getting hit by cavalry is also matter of skill so i see no problem.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 10:58:34 pm »
+1
why does 1h warhammer work then?exactly getting hit by cavalry is also matter of skill so i see no problem.

Look at the length of the warhammer...

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 11:23:21 pm »
Look at the length of the warhammer...
it looks much longer in game...
anyways winged mace weights 1.7 and has 70 reach
1h war cleaver has 2.2 weight and 92 lenght
what about winged mace with 20 longer shaft?
if weight counts is kilograms [it seems that way] it would be perfectly reasonable, considering iron war axe weights 3 kilos, yet can be swung perfecly fine.
and you all forget the mace dont have to be blunt, it could be long lighter weaker 1h version of morning star.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 12:51:30 am »
+1
it looks much longer in game...
anyways winged mace weights 1.7 and has 70 reach
1h war cleaver has 2.2 weight and 92 lenght
what about winged mace with 20 longer shaft?
if weight counts is kilograms [it seems that way] it would be perfectly reasonable, considering iron war axe weights 3 kilos, yet can be swung perfecly fine.
and you all forget the mace dont have to be blunt, it could be long lighter weaker 1h version of morning star.

You sir, lack common sense.

War axe is also a short weapon.  All of these blunt weapons you are naming are short.  Not 90 length.  They are top heavy AND short.  Do you not understand that is how it works?

Plus, a lighter weaker version of a morning star is still a morning star.

That is all else I am saying.  Not much more I can do to make you understand if you do not understand basic logic.