Author Topic: Long Bow or War bow?  (Read 724 times)

Offline Aseldo

• Baron
  • Renown: 147
  • Infamy: 80
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • you reading this?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Egad_Captain_TKoV
  • IRC nick: Egad
Long Bow or War bow?
« on: May 07, 2011, 08:44:07 pm »
Hey everybody, as of right now I'm using a war bow but seeing as how the Long bow does 24 pierce damage does that mean it will do more damage to heavily armored people instead of the War bow's 29 cut damage? I'm really close to level 31 so I wanna make sure I get the right bow to heirloom.

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
Re: Long Bow or War bow?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 09:00:56 pm »
Not alot of people use heavy armor because their afraid of upkeep. I'd say use the warbow to have more fun. Long bow does hurt armor more because of armors soak and resistance against cut.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
Re: Long Bow or War bow?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:50 pm »
I've been playing around with the longbow recently, and so far I love it. I only have 6PD, but I can still take people out on average in 2-3 hits if they have full health. If they've taken any damage or if they have low armor I often get one hit kills. Midway through the battle when everyone's taken a few hits, the longbow absolutely shines: I end up one-shotting almost everything that moves, regardless of armor, since pierce damage is so deadly to armor.

The nice thing about the longbow is you can severely damage ANY target on the battlefield, regardless of armor. See that guy in plate? in chainmail? Fire away, if you hit you're going to do some massive damage compared to most bows.

Also, the longbow's insane projectile speed means your arrows will get to their target very quickly, making them harder for the enemy to dodge. the downside is you can't keep an arrow nocked for very long like other bows, so you have to predict when to draw the bow.

I'd say try out the longbow for a while, it takes some time to get used to it. It's a very slow, patient kind of bow. In my opinion it is the most rewarding of all the bows, however. (Also I hear it might be getting a buff?) http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4540.msg83494.html#msg83494