Author Topic: lower upkeep costs  (Read 976 times)

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
lower upkeep costs
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:02:12 pm »
Now this has probably discussed over a lot but still...
i dont like the upkeep costs as they are now. even when i am wearing medium armor [guard helm, heraldic chain mail, rus cavalry boots] and having these weapons [italian sword and knightly heater shield] i am still losing an insane ammount of cash per round. i know this is supposed to reduce ammount of tincans running around, but it also kills the purpose of having custom equipment.

why am i forced to wear a light leather armor when i have a fucking chain mail in my inventory? thats bs, the gold rates are low as they are [multipliers cant really be relied upon as they are relative and i know sesions when i had nothing but x1 sometimes x2] and it absolutely kills the ballance and variety ,because long time players have enough cash by now to support their equipment which ironicaly induces the very situation this was meant to prevent and it also makes the game harder to get into for new players [because unlike some, they dont have 500k+ to get milanese plate and other tincan stuff]

so to sum this up:
new players nothing but leather
veterans: heavy plate and loomed weapons

so instead of having everyone running around in plate, we have few chosen ones and the rest is forced to suffer one hit kills and stupid look of village militia.

EDIT: forgot to add that not only you pay cash to buy weapon or armor, but you also cant wield it because it breaks three round later.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
Re: lower upkeep costs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 11:06:08 pm »
Actually you should make money with this gear, whats your total upkeep?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 11:08:51 pm »
Actually you should make money with this gear, whats your total upkeep?
1360 gold max, considering every round at least 3 items break it is pretty ridiculous.
EDIT: oops that was my alt it is 1600 max.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:12:50 pm by Nightmare798 »
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 11:19:50 pm »
I have 2,142 total upkeep and i'm still making money. I guess you were just unlucky with repairs. Also having higher weapon points reduces the repair chance, whats your build and weapon points?

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 11:22:47 pm »
15 str
20 agi
131 wp in one handed
power strike 5
shield 5

i think these are all the relative to weapon repair and damage probability.

Offline groenewoldr

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: NotFamous
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 11:51:50 pm »
They can still have insanely high costs, just lower chances of it happening, at least that's my opinion.   

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 11:55:15 pm »
Could try carrying some stones (drop them as soon you spawn) to help with the upkeep rng on items
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 12:00:24 am »
+1
Could try carrying some stones (drop them as soon you spawn) to help with the upkeep rng on items
I've always thought items repair probablity was discrete.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 12:05:49 am »
I have ~2400 upkeep max on my Arbalester and make alot of money.
If anything I'd be for raising the repairs more, they are not quite harsh enough IMO.
It's just bad luck, carry on.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 12:22:53 am »
I have ~2400 upkeep max on my Arbalester and make alot of money.
If anything I'd be for raising the repairs more, they are not quite harsh enough IMO.
It's just bad luck, carry on.
which generation and wha is your gold balance?

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 12:36:00 am »
which generation and wha is your gold balance?

I am gen 1 with that alt, gen 3 on my current main. (Gen 17 with my previous main I think).
I currently have 12k on my alt and 4,6k on my main, ragerespeccing ftw.
(one +2 and that is all I've left, playin since September 2010 :D )

I don't have much money to balance bad luck
I am gen one on this alt

Still I make good profit -> rep ain't too harsh.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2013, 03:10:03 am »
I'm guessing you're a newer player?

It's not that upkeep is too high, it's more of the issues that come with being a new/non-clan player in CRPG.

When you aren't in a clan, you're stuck dealing with the whims of the autobalancer. Did you notice how usually the rounds go 4-1 or 4-0? Often times the team full of clan players rolls the other team. If you're unlucky enough to be stuck on the "other" team, you could be rolling a x1 for quite awhile. Also being a newer player, your chances of getting valor are very low.

To deal with the upkeep system, you really just need a small chunk of money to overcome bad luck. About 40-50k is more than enough. You'll break even in the end.

A few hints to get you through this though:

• Don't play DTV. The payouts are too small.
  • Play siege instead of battle. Since siege rounds are longer, your chance of paying upkeep increases. (The chance of paying increases by about 4% every minute)
  • When you retire, sell your first loompoint and never worry about upkeep again.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 07:30:22 am »
Leech in peasant gear sometimes while you watch TV. Auto run in to die during DTV for long time between round, do same on battle for better ticks, afk "defend the flag" in siege with peasant gear, sell a loom point. All terrible things the design of this game forces you to do in order to have fun with decent gear. Be clever about it and you'll never get banned
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 09:40:15 am »
Leech in peasant gear sometimes while you watch TV. Auto run in to die during DTV for long time between round, do same on battle for better ticks, afk "defend the flag" in siege with peasant gear, sell a loom point. All terrible things the design of this game forces you to do in order to have fun with decent gear. Be clever about it and you'll never get banned

For an official admin who carries himself with such an affection of good judgement, casting off over 30 pages of criticism as trolls, it seems you are lacking in the one and only quality expected out of a video game administrator.  Common sense.

Because nothing says "12 hour ban for leeching" on EU_2 siege like someone on defense standing by the flag, right?  No warning, no chat, no checking of my score or kills or active playing for the past hour.  Just an instant ban on the NA ping person in a dress, weapon in hand, standing by the flag, because I wasn't twitching around spamming feints in the air with a +3 katana.

The only leeching going on was you bleeding away your credibility of good decision making.

Last one from Thomeks feedbackthread. Where you make some drama denying the accusation of any leeching taking place.

Well played ... your credibility is top notch...

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2013, 10:29:35 am »
+1
Last one from Thomeks feedbackthread. Where you make some drama denying the accusation of any leeching taking place.

Well played ... your credibility is top notch...

i dont think he ever said that HE is leeching when watching TV, that HE runs in to die during DTV
in the post you post you quoted he said he was standing by the flag in peasant gear, doesnt mean he was actually afk leeching, i see at least one person every round on siege standing by the flag, sometimes tin can, sometimes peasant, who react every time an enemy approaches

nice digging up a bit older posts anyway, do that with politicians speeches and youll surely have a new government in no time :lol:

anyway, back to topic, i usually play DTV and it gives good gold, assuming you dont run around tin can style every round, go peasant gear for the first few waves, then light armour, medium and tin can in the end, then you will never lose money, unless you lose a round, which hopefully wont happen :D

but when i play siege or battle i tend to lose money as well, running around with an upkeep of 1600, cause i have repairs nearly every round
maybe it would be good to scale the probability of gear breaking, from like 2% per minute for light gear up to 5% per minute for tin can gear or something?
that way new players with cheaper gear dont lose money due to repairs often and tin cans have to repair more often
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.