Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 928 times)

Offline Drazla

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Couple of questions
« on: July 04, 2013, 03:58:27 pm »
+2
Heya folks

Recently picked up c-RPG and while there are great resources on the forums I have a couple of questions that I hope to get some answer on.

1. Is it best to focus on 1 character, getting that all the way to 30 before playing around with alts?
At the moment Im sitting with a level 22 2-hander and a level 16 1H+Shield, aswell as a level 14 archer.. The choices..

2. My skill have declined, a lot, since I stopped playing this game frequently a year or so ago - Would 1H+Shield be the simplest to get back in the rythm again?

3. At the end of every round players are rewarded with valour. Ive searched around and found nothing that explains what it is and what its used for (is it just ranking?). Can anyone shed some light?

4. On a 2Handed character - sword or axe?

5.  At what point should I start to consider joining Strategus?

6. Does any of the stats/equipment mean anything when I join Strategus?

Thank you

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 04:08:14 pm »
-Strat uses your character but not your items. Cav and ranged are especially valuable if you have ping or a bit off your game.

-All classes are pretty balanced atm. 2H is easy if you like high athletics, otherwise 1H.

-valour gives you some extra multiplier or lets you keep yours if you lose a round.

-merc in strat as soon as you can, its possible to get 1mil exp from one battle!

-for 2H swords are really, really good. Axes are great but maybe a better secondary than primary.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Drazla

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 04:13:59 pm »
-All classes are pretty balanced atm. 2H is easy if you like high athletics, otherwise 1H.
Its the defense that I am lacking at the moment - going to take some time to build it back up.

-merc in strat as soon as you can, its possible to get 1mil exp from one battle!
And this XP would still be used on that char in c-rpg?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 05:02:58 pm »
And this XP would still be used on that char in c-rpg?
Your main/hero gains the experience from the battle, so yes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Drazla

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 05:16:28 pm »
Thanks for the answers guys :)

Only one question unaswered:

Is it best to focus on 1 character, getting that all the way to 30 before playing around with alts?
At the moment Im sitting with a level 22 2-hander and a level 16 1H+Shield, aswell as a level 14 archer.. The choices..

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 05:20:48 pm »
You don't really get the full experience of what a build is like until after level 22-25 or so, so it's difficult to mess around with different characters when they are all level 15.

I recommend focusing on a single character for now. In addition to that, I recommend making another character and using him as your 'skip the fun.' That character instantly becomes level 30 and you get some gold, but he doesn't gain experience. The neat thing about this is that you can respec that character's stats for no penalty whenever you feel like it. That way, you can still get the experience of those classes ahead of time.

If you like one of those skip the fun classes, you could develop it more on your alt or your main if you retire.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 05:34:44 pm »
Heya folks

Recently picked up c-RPG and while there are great resources on the forums I have a couple of questions that I hope to get some answer on.

1. Is it best to focus on 1 character, getting that all the way to 30 before playing around with alts?

Up to you really. You can always make a STF char (lvl 30 straight away, and play it for 1 week before you can make another STF)

2. My skill have declined, a lot, since I stopped playing this game frequently a year or so ago - Would 1H+Shield be the simplest to get back in the rythm again?

If you suck at manual blocking, then yes. I havent played for a while either but im used to manual blocking  so i just continued to play that.

3. At the end of every round players are rewarded with valour. Ive searched around and found nothing that explains what it is and what its used for (is it just ranking?). Can anyone shed some light?

The players who earned the most points that round get valour.

4. On a 2Handed character - sword or axe?

Axe is better for shield breaking but sword has more range and pierce damage with a thrust

5.  At what point should I start to consider joining Strategus?

I would join an organised clan for that - way more fun and you get accepted to more battles

6. Does any of the stats/equipment mean anything when I join Strategus?

Whatever char you choose to use in Strat, yuo use its stats and nothing else - eg the gear you use is what's bought by the commander in strategus

Thank you

Offline Drazla

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 09:22:57 pm »
More questions!

1. Should I consider retiring when I hit 31? (First char and would be first time retiring)

2. Im considering switching from using 2-handers to using polearms if I retire.
Could someone of you talk about why I should/shouldnt do this? What's the advantages of using polearms instead of 2-handers?

3. Is 40k~ in equipment value what I should be aiming for to brake even?

4. Is it the Heraldic Transitional Armour that shows your tabard?

5. What should I be looming first as a 2hander/polearm user?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:01:43 pm by Drazla »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 05:59:58 pm »
More questions!

1. Should I consider retiring when I hit 31? (First char and would be first time retiring)

If you want to get +3 items then I would

2. Im considering switching from using 2-handers to using polearms if I retire.
Could someone of you talk about why I should/shouldnt do this? What's the advantages of using polearms instead of 2-handers?

Why are you considering switching from 2h to pole? If you want to just try them, out why not just make a Skip The Fun (STF) character and see if you like them better?

3. Is 40k~ in equipment value what I should be aiming for to brake even?

I think people say 50k is enough to break even long term. Go with less for safety. I just go for a fixed amount of gold I want to have in my bank and keep it above that amount.

4. Is it the Heraldic Transitional Armour that shows your tabard?

Anything with "Heraldric" in the name should show your banner on your armour.

5. What should I be looming first as a 2hander/polearm user?

Down to personal preference but if you have a weapon you really like, loom that. Otherwise loom your gloves. (Or sell the loom point and be very comfortably off for gold for a long time.

Offline Drazla

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 09:11:29 pm »
Another fantastic reply, RandomDude. Thank you!

Why are you considering switching from 2h to pole? If you want to just try them, out why not just make a Skip The Fun (STF) character and see if you like them better?
I probably will!
The reason for considering switching is that people ingame seems to refer to 2handers as the 'easy' version, and I see a lot of people running polearms.
Are there more than what meets the eye here? (Polearm -> more reach)

New question:
I would at this point consider myself 'OK' in combat, but no strategus experience. Would clans still be willing to pick me up or should I play some strategus solo first?

Once again; thank you for your answers!