Author Topic: Game dosnt load afther patch  (Read 1477 times)

Offline GoingRogue

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Game dosnt load afther patch
« on: May 07, 2011, 05:55:58 pm »
afther putting the newer version 0.221 (previously had 0.212) game dosnt load it crashes when game files are loading, on the bottom it says "Loading Settings Data..." right afther textures load,

it crashes in a way that i dont see any popup it just freezes like there and i only hear the windows beep error sound, from there i can only press alt+ctr+del( it dosnt show task manager but i know its there in the background so i just press del and enter and hope the game closes)

what could be the couse im pretty clulless?

if i revert to 0.212 it works just fine..., i also dont see any errors in administrative tools so cant really tell whats going on...
im using steam version of M&B

edit: about the time when it crashes, its when the loading screen is on and title says "Loading Settings Data..."
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 09:15:53 pm by GoingRogue »

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: Game dosnt load afther patch
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:23:55 pm »
Delete the old module folder before copying the new one. Overwriting tends to cause problems.

Offline GoingRogue

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:35:04 pm »
Delete the old module folder before copying the new one. Overwriting tends to cause problems.

ofc thats was the way it was done in the first place so its a different problem

Offline GoingRogue

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:35:58 pm »
well i found out what the error is:
RGL_ERROR
error on creating shaders: out of video memory

so turned on "Load textures on demand" and the game works now
thx anyway

but know help me to somehow stop the game from suttering :/

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:46:31 pm »
Your video card runs out of memory. Try lowering graphic details so smaller textures are used.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 03:37:56 am »
You need to either lower your texture quality setting or go into options from the launcher (or rgl_config in your documents>warband folder) and turn "Use Textures on Demand" on.

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 12:05:21 am »
Well.... I was having this trouble as well I turned on load on demand.  Yea my game finally loads but omg I can't play it.  not on my max resoulution like i used to.  I had to turn the res way down that seemed to help the most not any of the settings.  Not sure why this patch doesn't all you to load textures before hand.  I have a GTX 470 with 1.5 gb not sure why that's not enough but w/e this blows for me.

Offline Delro

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Taking Arrows To The Face Since 2008
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Delro_ATS
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 12:11:45 am »
Well.... I was having this trouble as well I turned on load on demand.  Yea my game finally loads but omg I can't play it.  not on my max resoulution like i used to.  I had to turn the res way down that seemed to help the most not any of the settings.  Not sure why this patch doesn't all you to load textures before hand.  I have a GTX 470 with 1.5 gb not sure why that's not enough but w/e this blows for me.

Fel - try reinstalling your Microsoft C++ redistributable package and see if it helps - it fixed the issue for me (and I have a 9800!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 04:49:47 am »
well it didn't work for me.  I mean I still forced to use the load on demand which is what always caused me to lag before.  What did seem to work though was turning my textures on the loader down to 10 with the Load on Demand checked.  Then when I get in the game I can turn the textures back up and it runs just as good as it did before the patch nice!