Author Topic: Catapaults More Trouble Than They're Worth  (Read 276 times)

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
Catapaults More Trouble Than They're Worth
« on: May 07, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »
The effects on siege servers mean that catapaults need to be either re-worked or cut out altogether. In the first place, the damage they do currently carries over from round to round, meaning that after the first bombardment all subsequent rounds are more or less automatic victories for the attacking team which simply has to charge through the gap. Secondly the lowering of sections often causes bugs, with characters sinking into floors and getting stuck in eternal falling loops, or spawning in sections where the exit has sunk underground, leaving the character stuck permanently at spawn. If catapaults are to work I suggest that they simply do a great deal of damage over a wide area, limiting them to killing defenders on walls and breaking gates and doors. As they are now, they cause too much game breaking weirdness.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Catapaults More Trouble Than They're Worth
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 02:36:31 pm »
Replace them with Mangonels throwing exploding barrels of fire! Random dangerous wall clearing at its finest, like M2TW.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.