Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 7134 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2013, 08:53:37 pm »
Starbound is too fresh to have a proper Wiki atm. But atleast there are forums to help me out.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 1397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2013, 08:55:26 pm »
+2
Fix'd

Well I'm sorry if that makes me autistic but using wiki kills big portion of fun for me, when it comes to these kind of games. And recipes are quite logical in most cases, you can figure them out yourself quite fast.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2013, 10:20:44 pm »
Put a few hours into it so far. Quite enjoying it but I got discouraged quite severely after acquiring the distress beacon. *spoiler ahead, nothing major*

(click to show/hide)
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:44 pm »
+1
Well I'm sorry if that makes me autistic but using wiki kills big portion of fun for me, when it comes to these kind of games. And recipes are quite logical in most cases, you can figure them out yourself quite fast.

I'm just joking Leshma. Most recipes in most games are pretty simple but when it comes to the more complex items, even in Terraria, you would be really lucky to stumble upon how to make some of them, as it requires quite a few rare and specific items you will have no idea how to find, which is why many people just read what they need to make it and where to get the stuff they need to make it. Not many people want to spend days or more trying to figure out how to make the super cool weapon they saw some dude using.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2013, 10:27:48 pm »
I've about about 3-4 hours into it so far but there's something that's not quite clicking for me and the game. It might be that I had my fill of passively digging in Terraria after about 10 hours or the fact that they play and look similar (and that fact that my memory of Terraria mechanics haven't entirely faded made the contrast even less bearable).

The procedurally generated "aliens" might not be my style either. They look less like aliens and more like chimerical farm animals mixed in with some predatory ones with random attached pokemon appendages. I know it's an open beta too but I really hope they sort out the "alien" neighing, bah-ing, quacking and things like that.

Fighting them isn't very interesting as of right now either, there's no control except for aiming left or right when it comes to melee weapons and Terraria at least let you have some control over where you stabbed your spear or swung your chain weapons which added a bit of depth. Another nitpick too is my character appears to be left handed but he switches to his right hand when swinging in one direction.

I understand a lot of these are minor issues, it's a beta, and generally come down to preference sometimes but when they have a "real/hard" release the devs should sort out things like being able to pick up one item out of a stack, more information than "be prepared for anything" (even though as far as I know it's the same event), information on pixels, what the "sun" bar is and other minor mechanic annoyances. Right now they have a bit of polishing to do, which I understand as it's labeled an open beta.

Schematics huh. Sofar ive dug pretty much to hell and walked an entire circle over the entire planet and only got 2 schematics. Which were for a god damn mushroom hat and a mushroom door. Definately not invading the universe with those. Sweet lord why............ The only futuristic thing you brought with you from your destroyed homeplanet is a "matter manipulator" and that thing gets schooled by caveman stone tools. My human wasnt probably very smart from where he came from. :rolleyes:

He also forgot, or his computer forgot to tell him that coal ore and unrefined wood can be used as fuel *nudge nudge*. I guess we don't get past that in the future as a standard, although I'm assuming there's a starbound flux capacitor floating around there somewhere out there.

And how!

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2013, 02:39:03 am »
Put a few hours into it so far. Quite enjoying it but I got discouraged quite severely after acquiring the distress beacon. *spoiler ahead, nothing major*

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2013, 02:48:04 am »
(click to show/hide)

No, you use coal and wood as fuel. For some reason the "tutorial" doesn't mention that.

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2013, 03:53:06 am »
oh snaps... lol

thx for info, never would have guessed that.

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 05:43:17 am »
seriously , landed in a treat lvl 3 : moon surface and even if i had protection against cold every minute i had to put a barrier of torches around me if i would survive. explored an etire monkey lab in those conditions with electirc traps , sniper monkeys and mad robots i felt a bit splinter cell but at least i obtained their precious treasure at the end of the lab =
(click to show/hide)

oh not to mention i destroyed all the monitors cause i felt spyed  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 06:48:12 am »
Ye the saucer is acctually the boss. You have to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy prepared to challenge it. Like an extremely damn fine gun. No bow or sword will kill it. When you kill it, it drops a molten core which lets you proceed onward in the galaxy. Im assuming you can start changing sectros for first thing.

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 06:55:42 am »
Ye the saucer is acctually the boss. You have to be reeeeeeeeeeeeeealy prepared to challenge it. Like an extremely damn fine gun. No bow or sword will kill it. When you kill it, it drops a molten core which lets you proceed onward in the galaxy. Im assuming you can start changing sectros for first thing.

So it's like the eye of Cthulhu in terraria? You'll need to kill it or else progression would be incrediblelly slow
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:51 am »
Im definately unlucky and my will to play is reducing fast now. I've been to like 3 galaxies now, ran a full circle atleast 10 planets and visited multible starsystems and even mined some planets to their core. Some planets were lvl 10 or smthing and i am not finding even a single damn useful recepie. No merchants and not anything. Not even one. The only sweet thing I got was a tech for energy dash. Sad to say im completely bloody stuck cause the high lvl planets sofar havent given me anything useful and I cant take the Mothership on with silver armor and a giant iron sword.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 11:12:42 am »
Pardon my question, but did you buy it or pirate it. It is not unheard of that some games deny a certain progression when the copy in question is from a... well... unconfirmed source.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 11:19:09 am »
I yarrrrrred it. Good point....

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 11:56:29 am »
Im definately unlucky and my will to play is reducing fast now. I've been to like 3 galaxies now, ran a full circle atleast 10 planets and visited multible starsystems and even mined some planets to their core. Some planets were lvl 10 or smthing and i am not finding even a single damn useful recepie. No merchants and not anything. Not even one. The only sweet thing I got was a tech for energy dash. Sad to say im completely bloody stuck cause the high lvl planets sofar havent given me anything useful and I cant take the Mothership on with silver armor and a giant iron sword.

We managed to take down the penguin spaceship with copper gear and ironbows. We spent a good while building a fighting arena and making lots of cover from stone and dirt and also making escape routs if we lost position, before planting the distress beacon. 'Twas long and hard fight but the two of us managed take it down. Our bows did about 15 damage, while the plasma pistol my friend found from a dungeon only did 10.

(click to show/hide)
Free speech is about to become terrorism.