• Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_HeadTaker_III
Arrows
« on: June 29, 2013, 01:22:52 pm »
And the patch is came and archery is strongthen and buffed and while its buffed , i think we should buff it all not half.As you know everybody was hating the weight of arrows.Its 10 and i cant believe it,we cant run actually with 7 or 8 athletics.Maybe we should shoot better with patch and with brings more missile speed with it , i think you should do it 7 or 5 ? maybe less arrow

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
Re: Arrows
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »
A while ago they tried some ways to reduce kiting, and believe me, arrowweight was the best of them ;)

Alternative was ATH reduces effective wpf, this weight penalty works much better.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:54:11 pm »
No need for more buffs to ranged, feels nice like this and the endless kiting is something I never wanna suffer again.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 01:27:29 am »
A while ago they tried some ways to reduce kiting, and believe me, arrowweight was the best of them ;)

Alternative was ATH reduces effective wpf, this weight penalty works much better.

The ATH-method broke my character, and i'm a balanced build :/ I couldn't draw a bow hence they had to change the formula and eventually scrapped it.

I remember telling shik to raise arrowweight a little if he wanted slower archers, when i said that obviously going from 2.5 to 10 never came across my mind SINCE IT'S **T*RD*D. the only thing i can come up with that's reasonable somewhat is balancing archers speed (if that was ever necessary, i beg to differ) with trying to balance it with a minimum weight that's still playable in the meta as full archer. The problem right now is the metagame where everyone has 70+ armor and strengthbuilds making anything but bodkins useless, not to mention how many times you have to shoot people. Ergo it's all based around how many arrows per bodkin quiver you have since every plated person takes 4-5 arrows to kill assuming you hit all of them.
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login