Poll

Should this be implemented?

Yes to the nudge / kick timer suggestion when switching weapons / shield
8 (61.5%)
Yes to the above scenario, as well as the bonus suggestion
2 (15.4%)
I can't decide if this should be done
0 (0%)
This idea could work with a few changes (post comment)
1 (7.7%)
I do not agree with any of these changes
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 12, 2013, 06:56:10 pm

Author Topic: Nudge Timer Suggestion (Please read) (Poll added)  (Read 584 times)

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
Nudge Timer Suggestion (Please read) (Poll added)
« on: June 28, 2013, 06:52:45 pm »
+7
One thing I have found with nudges that should be addressed is:

The ability to nudge with a weapon immediately after switching weapons or sheathing a shield.

I understand that kick and nudge will be on the same timer as well in the next patch so that issue has been resolved. (or will be soon)

Please add a timer till you can nudge after you change weapons or sheath a shield. (Make it between 3 and 5 seconds till you can nudge after doing this)

Make it so that kick is not effected by this timer so that you can still kick in these scenarios. Important note should be that after the kick is initiated the timer for a nudge or kick is then started again.

BONUS:

Make it so that Athletics effects the kick timer, and weapon master effects the nudge timer (also for 2h / polearms when they are implemented) at a rate of .1 seconds per level. For when shield bash is implemented base that timer off shield skill. Since all the skills will have different timers it should use the timer associated with the move that was used, for example if I have 10 shield and 0 athletics, a shield bash will recover in 4 seconds, and a kick will recover in 5, so I can bash, then 4 seconds later kick, and then 5 seconds later shield bash again.

Thank you for reading, please post comments.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:57:56 pm by Konrax »

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
Re: Nudge Timer Suggestion (Please read) (Poll added)
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »
Yes to all of this. I recently went into the duel server and dueled Allers who had adapted a strategy where he would hold a one hander, nudge you, then whip out a great maul and overhead. Can confirm it is fucking retarded.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 07:55:26 pm »
+1 to everything in your post Konrax, especially the part about skills modifying the timers. All of the other skills (Shield, Riding, WM, Ath) simply do too little compared to power strike.

That said, I'm very worried about the future of nudge; if they add too many mechanics that nullify blocks, you end up with a game like WoW where every fight is just mashing cooldowns, and the higher level/geared guy always wins.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 05:19:22 am »
+1 to everything in your post Konrax, especially the part about skills modifying the timers. All of the other skills (Shield, Riding, WM, Ath) simply do too little compared to power strike.

That said, I'm very worried about the future of nudge; if they add too many mechanics that nullify blocks, you end up with a game like WoW where every fight is just mashing cooldowns, and the higher level/geared guy always wins.

I agree completely, so if they are going to put it in they should make sure it isn't too powerful.

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 10:18:27 pm »
Bump