Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 83382 times)

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #1125 on: May 30, 2014, 08:22:27 am »
+3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 30, 2014, 09:57:41 am »
+1
rejoice

Rejoice, but no binofix

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 30, 2014, 09:59:35 am »
+4
I think (hope) the big stuff will come in the actual patch - SM removal/SL matchmaking, FPS fix, binoglitching, roll parries etc - this is just a hotfix, but at least it's something eh

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #1128 on: May 30, 2014, 11:39:10 am »
+1

Can you imagine slaying demons, killing sparkling vamps and slaughtering hordes of zombies wearing a Top Hat! This is great! I love the setting its a bit steampunk-gothic-ish.

I think (hope) the big stuff will come in the actual patch - SM removal/SL matchmaking, FPS fix, binoglitching, roll parries etc - this is just a hotfix, but at least it's something eh

Did they mention a date for it?
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 30, 2014, 11:50:01 am »
+1
Did they mention a date for it?

this century

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #1130 on: May 30, 2014, 02:13:49 pm »
Did you ever die as a phantom?

I did, once. I didn't realize it had an effect. My buddy told me about it the other day as I cried into my coffee.

The good side of not having an unlimited dickwraith item is that the average invaded dude doesn't even know what a dickwraith is. I have lost one invasion. Due to the poison mobs in earthen peak. Didn't see the host.

On NG+ you can buy them for 10k each. I had one char cruiding around on NG+ with 99 of them and I was pantsing mother fuckers left and right.

Nothing says "SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKER" like a +10 invisible avalyn with with dark bolts. The crazy thing is that since you can use two types of ammo you just check out their armour and hit them with whatever has the best penetration. Heavy armour you slap them with dark bolts. Light you hit them heavy bolts. But you save your burst up until you can get a kill shot with it and then nuke the sucker.

But like Tor said. Too much stupid shit happens in PVP. I had a 5min fight with a guy where he was just standing still and then teleporting all over the place and I would pound away at him and then shoot him with my great bow and then a 10-20 seconds later he would fly backwards from it slapping him in the face.

IMO great bow is the funnest weapon in the game for pvp. So many amusing options. I love watching people roll around trying to avoid the shot only to tap out their stamina and get blasted. At the dragon eirie you wind up shooting so many people off the cliffs it's just cruel.

Also at lvl 238 I was invading people all the time, which I wasn't expecting. Often I would get no souls after killing them so I must have been way outside of their league.

SL238 SM 1000000+
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 30, 2014, 02:24:31 pm »
+1
Just deflected a firebomb with my weapon, totally on purpose  8-)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 30, 2014, 02:57:53 pm »
+1
Also at lvl 238 I was invading people all the time, which I wasn't expecting. Often I would get no souls after killing them so I must have been way outside of their league.

SL238 SM 1000000+

Blue invasions don't get souls, maybe you were invading as that.

"Nothing says "SURPRISE MOTHER FUCKER" like a +10 invisible avalyn with with dark bolts."
might as well go all the way with it with dual invis mundane avelyns (25 all build), super douchebag mode

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 30, 2014, 05:07:26 pm »
+1
Seen a lot of tryhards today but this one takes the cake, offhand invis ring with monastery scimitar, its almost a guaranteed parry when your opponent can't even see it ...

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 30, 2014, 07:49:48 pm »
I guess its not pragmatic, but am I the only one who wants a a souls game that isn't so... console-fied. I was hoping they might move away from lockon system, and just let us aim spells/mele more like a third person shooter. So that playing sorcerer takes skill not just pressing a button, but also means you could lead aim and hit people trying to roll etc. Also wanted graphics that at least push the ps4 hardware.

What i'm seeing from this beast souls game is that its only more of the same, with a different setting. Which means it will still probably be a great game, but personally its actually really disapointing that from softare seem to be taking the quantity route instead of the quality. they have split studio to work on 2 souls games at the same time, remember call of duty 4 was a good game and then they took this route too. Souls like CoD could be a victim of its own success, and become a hollow horse being beaten for sweet soul money.

and also the fact that this new game seems to be a ps4 exclusive is a bit of a shit on PC gamers. DS has been really popular and supported by PC community even tho DS1 was terrible port, and DS2 is better but not exactly good.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:20:07 pm by Banok »

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 30, 2014, 08:08:01 pm »
You can manually aim at people who are rolling, very useful in Dark Souls 1 using the bow. And aiming with mouse is pretty smooth and enjoyable (the few times I've tried it). The Soul games are one of those games that for me fit under the controller category. I'd rather be sweating on my controller than my mouse AND keyboard :D

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #1136 on: May 30, 2014, 08:19:30 pm »
i started NG and still dont know how to aim with bow :D
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 30, 2014, 08:22:37 pm »
You can manually aim at people who are rolling, very useful in Dark Souls 1 using the bow. And aiming with mouse is pretty smooth and enjoyable (the few times I've tried it). The Soul games are one of those games that for me fit under the controller category. I'd rather be sweating on my controller than my mouse AND keyboard :D

I do know about the crosshair mode on bow, but there is none of spells and anyway your kind of missing the point ;/ its not about mouse vs controller. the game would simply be better on both input if there was no lockon and mele/magic/arrows all aimed with crosshair.

I guess more pragmatically what I want to happen is a more PC centric developer to make a souls game rip off but actually take design risks and try and improve the game. because I predict the series is going to be become completely stagnant.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 30, 2014, 08:52:07 pm »
+1
Then basically Monster Hunter :P

You can aim with magic using binoculars.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 30, 2014, 10:31:25 pm »
Getting invaded loads  :twisted:

Got invaded by two guys, managed to kill one and get the other down to a margin of health before some weird ass spiral attack missed me then 2 seconds alter hit me  :lol: then got invaded by another 2 guys who were pure mages, easily managed to kill them without losing too much hp haha