Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 83387 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #1110 on: May 29, 2014, 11:05:00 pm »
+1
Wow I played first few bosses on diff classes and cleric seems by far the easiest. Sure there are times when spamming sorcerer spells is easy mode, but dude I did not realise that "mace" is like RIDICULOUSLY op. I'm 1/2 hitting zombies, and 2/3 hitting old knights and haven't spent a single point in dex or str. And bosses seem really easy with it too, compared to sorcerer - altho it greatly depends which boss (and I did play pure caster sorc)

I guess you could just buy the mace too since heal miracle is mostly useful before you get more flasks.

Mace is undoubtedly the best early game weapon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: May 29, 2014, 11:11:38 pm »
Magic Mace +8 as secondary for a magic user, OP.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:42 pm »
bah i was 0 deaths, and did 3 bosses without summons. but just died on 4th boss :o

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1113 on: May 29, 2014, 11:21:54 pm »
Just killed a full Smelter Demon guy with 20 HP, he chugged to max health 2 times. Dat feel of rekt.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: May 29, 2014, 11:51:52 pm »
Dont see the longevity in DS2 pvp, so I stopped some weeks ago. To much stupid stuff  :P

Yeah the more I PvP the more I'm frustrated with it. If it isn't one of the stupid shit it's the lag that kills it. This could've been a great PvP game if there was any balance and dedicated servers.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: May 29, 2014, 11:55:51 pm »
well I think lowbie pvp is more interesting

this bell tower stuff would be more fun if it didnt seem to usually be 2v1. but im not complaining I want the chunks.

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: May 30, 2014, 12:00:15 am »
haha just lost 2v2 which turned into 1v1 to a guy called king crimson, while itunes random was playing king crimson.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: May 30, 2014, 12:06:25 am »
From what I've heard there are servers for the arenas, although it doesn't stop them from connecting you to people outside of your country.

I really wanted the second rank of BoB but after losing 50 wins to a corrupted save and grinding out another ~70 (relatively quickly) on top of the multitude of issues and balance problems already discussed ad nauseam I've lost interest entirely.

Gone were those first couple of days where there were bloodstains EVERYWHERE, summoning signs littering the floor and PvP was exciting because you didn't know what the opponent was going to do.

I'll maybe wait a year from now when FROM finally decides to patch things way past the point where a majority of the player base even cares anymore.  :cry:

Really though, it was if I saw one more person wearing you-know-what, roll-parrying with the you-know-what and then taunting me at the end when they've one-shot me I was going to break my monitor.
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: May 30, 2014, 12:12:12 am »
well I think lowbie pvp is more interesting

this bell tower stuff would be more fun if it didnt seem to usually be 2v1. but im not complaining I want the chunks.

too bad you can't stay low because of this SM shit

From what I've heard there are servers for the arenas, although it doesn't stop them from connecting you to people outside of your country.

There's no way there are servers for arena for anything except the matchmaking process. The match itself is always P2P, which is what is the biggest problem here.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: May 30, 2014, 12:19:02 am »
+1
There's no way there are servers for arena for anything except the matchmaking process. The match itself is always P2P, which is what is the biggest problem here.

Those guys backstabbing you on top of bell tower when you are at the bottom, priceless

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #1120 on: May 30, 2014, 01:24:34 am »
+1
I am seriously fucking hating this p2p stuff.. Cant handle it for a bit, I just start raging every time I get hit from a bazillion meters away..
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: May 30, 2014, 01:43:01 am »
Bell tower cov is OP, it recharges my health/spell charges etc. everytime I win.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #1122 on: May 30, 2014, 01:45:16 am »
Bell tower cov is OP, it recharges my health/spell charges etc. everytime I win.

After a PvP fight? Cant you just rest at a bonfire aswell?
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Banok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: May 30, 2014, 05:00:18 am »
+1
Guys what are the hardest bosses in your opinion? I remember in darksouls 1 peoples opinins varied alot. I can't believe people thing lost sinner is one of the hardest, absolute easiest boss in whole series. I ran in and swang and he died first time, and was like WTF, that was a boss?

smelter demon took me the most tries, I think. gargoyles probably 2nd. still got couple of bosses havent done yet tho

After a PvP fight? Cant you just rest at a bonfire aswell?

bonfire resets the mobs tho don't it. what I mean is I can be grinding through an area and with bell ring on I can take pvp breaks which regen everything if I win. which is super helpful since I only got 10 lightning spears, making my high faith is basically useless

« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:04:02 am by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: May 30, 2014, 08:02:10 am »
+1
Guys what are the hardest bosses in your opinion? I remember in darksouls 1 peoples opinins varied alot. I can't believe people thing lost sinner is one of the hardest, absolute easiest boss in whole series. I ran in and swang and he died first time, and was like WTF, that was a boss?

smelter demon took me the most tries, I think. gargoyles probably 2nd. still got couple of bosses havent done yet tho

bonfire resets the mobs tho don't it. what I mean is I can be grinding through an area and with bell ring on I can take pvp breaks which regen everything if I win. which is super helpful since I only got 10 lightning spears, making my high faith is basically useless

I think pretty much everything you do as a summon/invader you get a refill if you win (even restores humanity).

For the hardest bosses, I think a lot depends on when you do them - what SL you were and how upgraded gear you had. As for me:
Sentinel trio
Gargoyles (but at that point I had +3 falchion only, when I came back with a +10 katana it was cake)
Royal Rat Authority (didn't have anything to 1shot those dogs at first)
Ancient Dragon (this boss just needed figuring out where to stand, after that it's really easy)

When I played the game for the first time I always put down a summon sign before a new boss, learned the mechanics with a bit of coop and then did them without many problems (or dying).

Dark Souls II v1.06 Regulation Notes [Poorly Translated]
Original text: http://info.darksouls.jp/other/pc/information_detail/2014-05-30-01.html

Changes

Bat Staff poison effect changed to proc on melee strikes only. Interaction with Dark Fog removed

Avelyn tracking adjusted, reload time lengthened and damage reduced

The adjustment motion of "Onoyari of thine" weapons, the balance of the amount of damage (Possibly Syan's Halberd change)

Santier's Spear damaged reduced, stamina usage changed

Adjust the motion of the "sword of the curse's" weapon (Possibly Pursuer's Ultra-Greatswrod)

Cale's Shoes and Leather armor's defensive values changed

Abyss Ring damage multiplier changed

Great Resonant Soul damage reduced

Wrath of God's damage reduced

Resonant Weapon flat increase changed / reduced

Flame Weapon flat increase adjusted / reduced

Motion adjustment of thorn sword weapon category (Possibly Rapier change))

Power Stance glitch that occurs with ultragreats and the bandit axe has been fixed

Enchanted upgrade path adjusted

Changed duration on some spells

Monastery Scimitar parrying animation adjusted

Arriveal Date: June 2nd on PS3, Xbox 360, and Windows PC

I might have missed some, but this will tie you over until someone actually translates it. Please note that this is not a patch, this is one of the hotfixes / calibrations.

rejoice
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 08:26:21 am by Vibe »