Author Topic: Dark Souls II  (Read 72983 times)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
Re: Dark Souls II
« Reply #1425 on: September 04, 2014, 02:53:13 am »
+1
So like c-rpg, s key roll backward s key etc :'(

Well, i mean what do you want, W would make it a complete fuckfest hugging eachother, A or D would make one nausious from spinning around eachother. S is to get control of the fight, so it isnt complete chaos, spinning around eachother.

Baiting doesnt mean s key, just means dodging and looking for openings.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kaido

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: September 08, 2014, 01:03:08 pm »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: September 09, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »
Did they add an item that let's you teleport when you dodge?

I booted the game up lastnight and was immediately invaded by someone with a twinblade and armor I've never seen before. He would teleport and leave behind smoke whenever he dodged. I'm guessing it was part of one of the DLCs. I'm slowly making my way through the first one and didn't actually notice that From had already released the second.

The PvP really doesn't feel engaging to me anymore either, the nerf to the bastard sword and it's parent move-set was probably needed but now it feels extremely underwhelming comparatively. Especially when they didn't fix any of the glaring issues with matchmaking latency or just the hit-boxes in general.
And how!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: September 09, 2014, 06:58:11 pm »
In my opinion, multiplayer combat never was the strong point of any game in the series. It's not bad and an MP fighting scene did emerge for that reason (even in Demon's Souls), but all the other things are so much better.

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: September 09, 2014, 07:31:16 pm »
Did they add an item that let's you teleport when you dodge?

I booted the game up lastnight and was immediately invaded by someone with a twinblade and armor I've never seen before. He would teleport and leave behind smoke whenever he dodged. I'm guessing it was part of one of the DLCs. I'm slowly making my way through the first one and didn't actually notice that From had already released the second.

The PvP really doesn't feel engaging to me anymore either, the nerf to the bastard sword and it's parent move-set was probably needed but now it feels extremely underwhelming comparatively. Especially when they didn't fix any of the glaring issues with matchmaking latency or just the hit-boxes in general.

Yep, its a ring of the iron king dlc - which makes you invisible when you dodge.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: September 09, 2014, 08:14:07 pm »
Well at least when the number of horrifyingly OP rings in the game will be greater than 5 there will be some variations in ring choices.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:56 pm »
In my opinion, multiplayer combat never was the strong point of any game in the series. It's not bad and an MP fighting scene did emerge for that reason (even in Demon's Souls), but all the other things are so much better.

It's not a strong point but they should've put a bit more into it I think considering they made it an integral part of the lore and online mechanics.

Closer to launch the fights felt like they had more of a wild-west showdown feel to them where sizing up and sussing out your opponent would be followed up by a quick resolution of the encounter one way or the other. Instead of slightly tweaking numbers or moving hit-boxes they just sort of thrashed the interconnected web they had built because of a vocal minority but then didn't change things that seemed unanimous across the board.
And how!

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: September 10, 2014, 12:05:47 am »
Honestly I don't think they made fighting an integral part of the lore and mechanics. For most players, hostile online interactions rarely come down to combat skill, lag etc. Builds, situation and other elements tend to determine the outcome more decisively than the actual fight.

Offline Kaido

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: September 10, 2014, 10:25:08 am »
I don't see how people complain about lag in PVP.I play with a STOLEN INTERNET CONNECTION and i get a lag in every 1/10 duels which probably the other guy is from different region.I played hundreds of duels and also cant find any hacker either.I found only 1 infinityHP guy which when i saw him i killed myself so he couldn't do anything like killing NCPs?.

As for the pvp mechanics in DKS2 its slow combat compare to DKS1 and DS.It doesn't have to be a bad thing tho,also game get updates and balance on items regularly which is a good thing.

As for DLC it was a money trap since there are so many good stuff especially the resistances rings which i might buy the DLC pack just for that..

Also the fact with SM is that you can stay at 150SL and do 500 pvps but you get souls and your SM will increase a lot which means you will face 250sl players so there is no reason to stay at 150sl which is suppose to be the ideal pvp lvl.Which also make you start new char if you want to go back on low pvp duels and not max stats duels.WHICH is a good thing cuz the game has many ways to make you keep still playing it..

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: September 10, 2014, 08:14:57 pm »
The whole SM thing was designed with zero consideration to the dueling scene.

Offline Kaido

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: September 10, 2014, 08:15:59 pm »
Nope not rly.got softbanned coz i used HD mod in game.

now only signs i can see is from other banned peoples which was mostly banned baned for hacking.
im in the same pool with 90% of hackers and can duel only them forever because i used HD mod ingame and never cheated in any way.i've done 4 duels while
soft banned and that 4th duel was an infhp hacker scrub while i done 500 and not even one.gg game i qq

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #1436 on: September 10, 2014, 08:24:01 pm »
I think all of us have said why SM fucked up so many things there was absolutely no reason to implement it at all, and with the red eye changes they pretty much removed the reason for SM in the first place, level cap is more fair.

Offline Kaido

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: September 10, 2014, 08:33:49 pm »
there is a trick you can do.make your pvp char.go to whatever sl/sm you want to for pvp and then simply back-up the char's save.when the char's sm gets too high and you feel like you fight rly high lvls just reload your save.simple

Offline Knitler

• Earl
  • Renown: 456
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Worlds Cutest Dictator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:06 pm »
Nope not rly.got softbanned coz i used HD mod in game.

now only signs i can see is from other banned peoples which was mostly banned baned for hacking.
im in the same pool with 90% of hackers and can duel only them forever because i used HD mod ingame and never cheated in any way.i've done 4 duels while
soft banned and that 4th duel was an infhp hacker scrub while i done 500 and not even one.gg game i qq

You can use that band of order or something, lookesl ike a red bone - then u are back in real game. I never used it, but thats what legends say.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kaido

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: September 10, 2014, 10:32:39 pm »
You can use that band of order or something, lookesl ike a red bone - then u are back in real game. I never used it, but thats what legends say.
tried it,its useless..