Poll

DO u want TK penalty back?

YES
37 (62.7%)
NO
22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: May 14, 2011, 01:13:09 am

Author Topic: TK penalty  (Read 3340 times)

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
Re: TK penalty
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 09:56:50 am »
Well... i currently play cav and i often kill enemies who are fighting a teammate.
I succeed 80% of the time or something like that, but on a whole map i often kill a few teammates even though i try not to.

I would like to not be punished because of this, cause if i was, i wouldnt try to help my teammates and that would lead to my team being 'weaker'

i am sure others feel the same way
The problem is that in most of these cases, the infantry do not wish any help. I don't know how many times we were 3 vs. 1 and a "helping" friendly cav comes and know 1-2 of us down getting someone killed. Or an archer/xbow who think he is Wilhelm Tel and tries, from a mile away, to shoot between the 3 friendlies to "help" them. These bumps that get you killed are not even registered as TK. In the case of archers I often do not even know who shot me, except that the arrow is stuck in the back of my neck in the direction of the "friendlies".

It is the responsibility of the cavs to stay away from friendlies footmen/archers - do not run between us, if I hear hoofs, I hit first and look for the icon later. It is the responsibility of the archers not to shoot into friendly infantry - if they want to "support" and shoot into melee, they need to get close, wait for the right moment and be careful about it. If the infantry is aware of the archer position he will even create opportunities for him. Melee TK is a bit different because the HAVE TO be close to each other, but still it is their fault if the TK.

TK penalty: Lower the multiplier by 1.
Does not hurt the team, stings a bit, easy to implement (I think...).
The player should get a big clear message on screen that his multiplier is down by 1 due to TK to get the full psychological effect.
If the multiplier is already 1 it can go down to 0 till the end of the round (i.e. 0 exp/gold ticks), or just leave it at 1 as long as the big message is displayed to bum the player.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 01:10:03 pm »
So, when is this coming back?

Personally (and this is shared by numerous players), I grow tired everyday of having 20% tops of effective HP, since whenever there's a fight I get combo back slashed constantly losing balance or even team killing me. They simply don't care, there's no following "sorry for team hit", nothing.
They do it because they can.
This applies to ranged as-well. I rarely (and I mean rarely) team hit with my archer, and when I do I'd have no problem being punished by it, it's my mistake.

Can't you just turn on that damage mitigation on friendly hit option and adjust it for like 60% mirror damage, and reactive the TK penalties?

I believe this is an urgent matter, not just by my opinion, but by overall opinion of the community, so please, consider this Dev friends.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »
revlective damage, stupidly and not probably
friendlyfire off -  stupidly and not probably
complete repairs after the end of the round for TK -  condign punishment.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 01:28:09 pm by Vovka »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 03:21:13 pm »
I went once on a NA server: the rules set reflective damages at 1%. No big deal but when you do the mistake of hitting a friend, you get this tap on the fingers that reminds you to be more careful. I found it educative and not killing the game (and not killing me).
We could give it a try on EU server.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 03:39:17 pm »
Even 1% of reflective damages can be awfull if you are in a fight as you are stun by this"hit" your enemy can kill you.

Btw, i believe that TK is a part of the game, and that's'already punish the team.

Also tk is a part of battle, history told us that some mistake can be made, you know colateral damage...

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 10:36:34 pm »
I'd argue that the speed and crazy-dancing in melee is the fault for TKing. Not players. The game mechanics are designed around making fights so confusing and fast-paced, while the attacks themselves are slower, that is impossible to NOT occasionally hit your teammates. Rather than inventing a system to penalize the players, the combat system should be redesigned if possible to lower the occurance of team-wounding where people now change places faster during fighting than electrons change places inside of an atom.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 11:26:03 pm »
that is impossible to NOT occasionally hit your teammates

I dissprove what you have said everytime I hit block when I see that my swing is going to TH. U can also change direction of ur swing and it works in most cases. If poeple would try to not hit teammates as hard as they try to kill an enemy I bet that there would be 80% les THs.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2011, 06:07:05 pm »
chadz, is there any chance that u will consider implementing any kind of TK penalty?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 07:53:37 pm »
I use a long, unbalanced weapon (Great Long Bardiche), and I have high PS, so I get more than my fair share of TKs. 90% of them are because I'm swinging at an enemy, but someone else kills them mid-swing, so my swing goes right through them and hits my teammate. I can't just block to end the swing, because my weapon is unbalanced. I apologize in this situation, because I chose an unbalanced weapon and accept the consequences.

The rest of the TKs usually go something like this; I'm wailing on some guy's Huscarl shield, trying to bring it down. When it finally breaks, a facehugger on my team swoops in front of me with his Steel Pick or something to get the kill. If you deliberately step in front of me while I'm engaged with an enemy and you get smacked in the butt by my Bardiche, I don't apologize. Just like I accept that my choice of weapon will cause me to deliver more TKs, facehuggers need to understand that their tactics get them TKed.

This is a team game. TKing hinders your team's chance to win, which is enough penalty. I don't support multiplier/reflective dmg/gold/etc loss upon TKing, because this unfairly punishes people with unbalanced weapons and those that happen to deliver a TK because of their own teammate's idiocy. It's not always the TKer who is at fault.

P.S.-The above only applies to non-intentional TKs. People that spawnhit should get insta-kicked from the server.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:55:34 pm by Phew »

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »
I dissprove what you have said everytime I hit block when I see that my swing is going to TH. U can also change direction of ur swing and it works in most cases. If poeple would try to not hit teammates as hard as they try to kill an enemy I bet that there would be 80% les THs.

You know I do that, too, but sometimes it's just too late. Especially with unbalanced weapons, arrows and horses. What Inkompetent says is correct (ofc there's also just carelessness), many times I'm just trying to help people, but a sudden turn on their behalf or killing the enemy in between and my hit hits them. Also, keep in mind that good agi  players exploit this. F.e. I see an ally fighting an enemy, so I make a cautious approach to not cause teamhits, but the enemy sees me and backpeddles and turns and it's impossible for me to get close. Jump away from swing and it passes into ally.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 11:20:58 pm »
all u said guys is correct, I am not going to say that I dont TH cose that would be bullshit BUT  why some poeple feel RLY strong need to commit into the fight where it is 4 teammates vs 1 enemy, why depiste the fact that there is only one enemy they use side swings which are most likely to TH. I get ur point guys and I can spot when the TH happened due to one of the situations u have mentioned and I am not upset then cose I know it wasnt that guy's fault, but I also can spot ppl that swing in whatever direction and never even try to stop their swings.

How about some options for person that was Tked?? eg. 1-decrease multiplayer 2-forgive.     or smthing like this

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2011, 04:03:56 am »
If the poll wasn't closed, I would vote 'No'.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2011, 06:46:17 pm »
No need to make something really punishing. A small gold fine just to make clear that the player did something bad would be enough imo.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2011, 11:55:30 pm »
The problem is that in most of these cases, the infantry do not wish any help. I don't know how many times we were 3 vs. 1 and a "helping" friendly cav comes and know 1-2 of us down getting someone killed. Or an archer/xbow who think he is Wilhelm Tel and tries, from a mile away, to shoot between the 3 friendlies to "help" them. These bumps that get you killed are not even registered as TK. In the case of archers I often do not even know who shot me, except that the arrow is stuck in the back of my neck in the direction of the "friendlies".

It is the responsibility of the cavs to stay away from friendlies footmen/archers - do not run between us, if I hear hoofs, I hit first and look for the icon later. It is the responsibility of the archers not to shoot into friendly infantry - if they want to "support" and shoot into melee, they need to get close, wait for the right moment and be careful about it. If the infantry is aware of the archer position he will even create opportunities for him. Melee TK is a bit different because the HAVE TO be close to each other, but still it is their fault if the TK.

While your points are all valid, no one ever talks about the opposite side of the issue: Lone infantry who run off or break ranks because they want to rambo or mini-duel every enemy like it's their goddamn birthright, even if they know full well that there's 3-4 friendly archers waiting for a shot.

He-man tactics, excessive circle strafing when you know there's archers wanting to fire... these things are never discussed.  It's always the archers' fault.  I call BS on that.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 12:45:54 am »
While your points are all valid, no one ever talks about the opposite side of the issue: Lone infantry who run off or break ranks because they want to rambo or mini-duel every enemy like it's their goddamn birthright, even if they know full well that there's 3-4 friendly archers waiting for a shot.

He-man tactics, excessive circle strafing when you know there's archers wanting to fire... these things are never discussed.  It's always the archers' fault.  I call BS on that.

these days ranged TH is far more rare than meele TH..... meele TH just reached an hilarious ammount. Its is  rare to not get team hitted in meele. Honsetly half of the dmg is usually due to my 'tammates'....... something needs to be done. jus do something im sick of it, if devs dont want Tk penalty, maybe decrease the friendly dmg to 50%???