Poll

DO u want TK penalty back?

YES
37 (62.7%)
NO
22 (37.3%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: May 14, 2011, 01:13:09 am

Author Topic: TK penalty  (Read 3345 times)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: TK penalty
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 01:46:59 pm »
No, teamkilling is fine as it is.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, 01:58:52 pm »
Yes to teamkill penalty.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 02:04:16 pm »
Yes to teamkill penalty.

What it will add to the gameplay ? There is already penalty, you are less likely to win a round. And remember that there is auto release at the end of round that result in teamkills. Do you want to punish those people too ?
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »
The self-damage on TD system is silly, never apply that, too much abuse. It is the equivalent of FPS servers without TD, a lower form of playing that truly ruin games. Never, ever, promote it.

Acceptable approaches:
  • Lowering XP-gain temporarily
  • Lowering Gold-income temporarily
  • Instant XP penalty
  • Instant Gold penalty
  • Non-intrusive friendly-damage (incoming + outgoing) indication on the screen
TD/TK is a natural part of any multiplayer game with respect for it self and its players.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »
No, teamkilling is fine as it is.

I dont think it is fine when 4 of 6 deaths are caused by a team mate.

There is already penalty, you are less likely to win a round

This is clear to me, you and every smart/old enough person, but not to kids and ppl who dont give a shit about anything but the guy in front of them. It is punishment for you and me but not for teamhitters, they just dont give a shit.

TD/TK is a natural part of any multiplayer game with respect for it self and its players.

Depends on number of TD/TK happening. I played lots of multiplayers and in cRPG they happen way to often. Ofcourse it is natural though, but u can minimalise it if u WANT, the problem is that too many ppl dont even WANT to think about it, cose what if they lose the chance of gaining one kill?? 

U know, I wouldnt care so much if ppl at least would say 'sorry', but majority dont say it what shows that they dont care and they will keep it this way cose.... theres no penalty.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:40:37 pm by Radix »

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 02:48:39 pm »
What it will add to the gameplay ? There is already penalty, you are less likely to win a round. And remember that there is auto release at the end of round that result in teamkills. Do you want to punish those people too ?
One could argue that a penalty to teamkilling reduces teamkilling and therefore makes it more likely for your team to win.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 03:06:42 pm »
One could argue that a penalty to teamkilling reduces teamkilling and therefore makes it more likely for your team to win.
I agree. Besides, it would only take couple of month to discipline players. I am all for the penalty, for example no exp and gold next round when u tk.
What to do about th, I have no idea.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 03:21:30 pm »
I dont think it is fine when 4 of 6 deaths are caused by a team mate.

I lol'd at that one, wtf server are you playing on where more than 50% of the deaths are from tks, I'm all for punishing assholes who swing wildly without care but you sir are exaggerating your point, is there a penalty for exaggerations? we should get one.. I'm going to make a thread. xD

BTW when I accidentally tk you, I'll apologize when I'm dead or the round is over, if you don't read it I don't care... It's a game with FF where we slaughter each other in medieval battles, don't think we should need so much hand holding but whatever. xD
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 03:31:04 pm by Memento_Mori »

Offline Lako

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RuConquista
  • Game nicks: RuConquista_Lako
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 03:26:14 pm »
No! It would be boring..

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 03:56:42 pm »
Well... i currently play cav and i often kill enemies who are fighting a teammate.
I succeed 80% of the time or something like that, but on a whole map i often kill a few teammates even though i try not to.

I would like to not be punished because of this, cause if i was, i wouldnt try to help my teammates and that would lead to my team being 'weaker'

i am sure others feel the same way

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Zen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 04:25:53 pm »
Well... i currently play cav and i often kill enemies who are fighting a teammate.
I succeed 80% of the time or something like that, but on a whole map i often kill a few teammates even though i try not to.

I would like to not be punished because of this, cause if i was, i wouldnt try to help my teammates and that would lead to my team being 'weaker'

i am sure others feel the same way
Sorry, but I'd rather not be help by cav at all. 50% of the time they just bump me leading to my death or outright chop my head off. Stay away from me. :(

Sorry, I'm allowed a little rage. I got killed by friendly cav 8 times yesterday and 4 times by friendly archers.

Offline Magikarp

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 87
  • cRPG Player
  • Gotta splash em all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Magikarp ; Merciless_Charlemagne
  • IRC nick: Magikarp
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 04:53:35 pm »
Sorry, but I'd rather not be help by cav at all. 50% of the time they just bump me leading to my death or outright chop my head off. Stay away from me. :(

Sorry, I'm allowed a little rage. I got killed by friendly cav 8 times yesterday and 4 times by friendly archers.
Well yeah, sometimes the occasional bump is unavoidable, we don't have brakes or anything :p.
But I sure do hate skillless horsemen who do nothing but bump others while not caring at all that they will take damage and die.
Don't mind the fish.

Offline Radix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • I blind my enemies with pure awesomenes
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Radox_II
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 04:56:13 pm »
I lol'd at that one, wtf server are you playing on where more than 50% of the deaths are from tks,

CAUSED is the main word in what I have said. Team mate slash u, ur char puts shield down, sec after that enemy cuts off ur head. U get it now? including all sorts of bumps and ranged TD.

I am not exaggerating. It was an example from the game I had about 30 minutes before I wrote this.

is there a penalty for exaggerations? we should get one.. I'm going to make a thread

briliant joke. clap, clap.

BTW when I accidentally tk you, I'll apologize when I'm dead or the round is over, if you don't read it I don't care

good for you, however majority dont say it cose they dont care, and those who dont care should be punished so they start to care.

And I always read chat.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:57:31 pm by Radix »

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 06:43:35 am »
But I sure do hate skillless horsemen who do nothing but bump others while not caring at all that they will take damage and die.
It's for those horsemen I have my Heavy Throwing Axes. I don't care if they are enemy or friendly.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 09:51:49 am »
Kind of silly logic. Penalty to teamkilling do not do that, it just penalize player who do it. I played just a few hours after patch, and amount of teamkilling is more than reasonable.

You still don't adressed main point - when rounds end, weapons are released and people are teamkilled. You want to punish them too ?
"Clava curva pie vinco"