Author Topic: A buff for agility  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: A buff for agility
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 08:07:39 pm »
A buff for agility is a buff for strength builds, because no one plays 30/0.

Obviously, since we all start with 3/3.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 08:37:53 pm »
Strength gets two passive bonuses: HPs and weapon damage.
Agility gets one passive bonus: run speed.

Give agility a second passive bonus (wpf points), combined with removing "free" wpf from leveling.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 09:58:58 pm »
Obviously, since we all start with 3/3.

Obviously and we end at 9/12/15/18, so every buff to agi buff STR. I think is not too hard to understand.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 01:52:08 pm »
+3
Obviously and we end at 9/12/15/18, so every buff to agi buff STR. I think is not too hard to understand.
Understanding that agi buff would affect agi-builds more than str-builds isn't that hard either.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 03:41:27 pm »
+3
I don't see a need to buff agility.  Although, a cool idea for a passive would be nice.  (Still not needed though)

Maybe something that just lowers the damage from falls, or lets you fall farther without taking damage?

Just an idea.  I do not think it is needed.  (I usually play a balanced 18/18 build)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 10:01:28 pm »
+3
Indeed something like fall damage reduced per agi would be a good buff while not really changing much as far as combat goes.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 11:05:45 pm »
Understanding that agi buff would affect agi-builds more than str-builds isn't that hard either.

Understanding that if people is constantly whining about STR stack, give STR builds another advantage and prepare yourself for the whining forum shitstorm. The buff that agi need, as we said around 1k times on forums is giving no WPF free points when leveling up.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 12:22:58 am »
+3
Athletics is more important than Powerstrike for killstealing positioning, which often leads to much higher KDs, unless its a box/chokepoint/siege map

I wrecked people in Strat as a 27/15 2hander regardless of situations, but do waay better with my current 21/21 build on Battle or more open Strat maps since my positioning ability is so much better, easier to dart around the battlefield "supporting" little fights or flanking people (to killsteal).

I wouldn't do 18/24 or up though as a 2hander (I would as polearm) cuz I tend to absorb a lot of damage, or do stupid things like charge full speed into pikes (where Athletics speed bonus is a pain).

Those builds are ideal for long polearm users though.. they depend on positioning the most, and do nothing but stupidly high swing cut or massive poke pierce.

2handers is more optional since most weapons are mid-range cut damage, but anything under 6 athletics is pretty boring garbage.

1handers are SO much better with ~21 agility and blunt type weapons, its one of the most OP classes in cRPG right now.  Sprint around spamming knockdown and nudge with 7-8 athletics and super high damage blunt maces or hammers. Its a wonder this doesn't catch on in NA more, but its because most people are bad
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 12:27:19 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2013, 11:27:22 am »
+1
Strength build is prevalent in strat because:

Fighting in line less manoeverability
Heavier armour worn so more strength needed to break through and to carry
More damage can be taken after armour penetrated

This means:

Warband is an attempted simulation. All the above would be true in a battle line. Simulation works, no needed to amend. About as sensible as saying ban all boxers/rugby players/american footballers over 80 kilos because they are "strength crutching"

Same applies to how annoyingly effective pikes/spears are. Might be why for medieval armies in GENERAL spear was main weapon of infantry

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2013, 02:40:36 pm »
Spamming doesn't have anything to do with agi.

QFT. The best way to land double hits with a Longsword or similar is to have so much power strike that you won't glance at any point in the animation. Since strength players know they won't glance, they can force their swings to connect much earlier than agility players, who must wait for the swing to enter its sweet spot.

Thus, if "spamming" is your goal, strength is more helpful than agility.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2013, 02:46:30 pm »
+2
QFT. The best way to land double hits with a Longsword or similar is to have so much power strike that you won't glance at any point in the animation. Since strength players know they won't glance, they can force their swings to connect much earlier than agility players, who must wait for the swing to enter its sweet spot.

Thus, if "spamming" is your goal, strength is more helpful than agility.

although the footwork of agi char makes up for that and again lets you spam well too
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 03:30:02 pm »
+1
although the footwork of agi char makes up for that and again lets you spam well too

Agility doesn't affect turn rates, which is what matters most for landing early hits/crazy lolstabs. Athletics does help steer overheads though.

Offline Jeric

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • k
    • View Profile
  • Faction: k
  • Game nicks: hey
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 02:15:03 am »
A passive buff to Agi like that would be perfect and would help to bring it in line with Str passives (HP, weapon/armor use, damage).

Why does my original post have +0 but the guy agreeing with me has +7? You think I make these suggestions for improvement to the game? Give me my renown you infamous bastards

1handers are SO much better with ~21 agility and blunt type weapons, its one of the most OP classes in cRPG right now.  Sprint around spamming knockdown and nudge with 7-8 athletics and super high damage blunt maces or hammers. Its a wonder this doesn't catch on in NA more, but its because most people are bad

21 agility, 1hander, super high damage? Is this a level 36 character with a +3 warhammer?

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:53:57 am by Jeric »

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2013, 02:58:48 am »
Agility doesn't affect turn rates, which is what matters most for landing early hits/crazy lolstabs.
Agility can help quite a lot with a castor. Castoring involves 'running away' from the sideswing of your opponent to delay the return strike, and having high acceleration helps a fair bit with that. Strength does get the benefit of doing decent damage on hits with high sweetspot penalties, and also can survive a foiled castor attempt better.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2013, 06:33:49 am »
+2
So then  "inverse castoring" is circling into the sideswing of an opponent to snatch enough angle to make him bounce? I thought I had the monopoly on making up stupid names for stuff.