Author Topic: Nostalgic  (Read 1854 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: Nostalgic
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 07:55:02 pm »
+1
Epic narrating voice and lol at the AFK peasant leeching in the back  :lol:
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 08:30:34 pm »
Classic Leshma

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »
+2
Leshmalogic: Mercs, being a small clan of good players, influenced dev team to move from a system, that gives active benefits for individual performance and encourages survival, to a system, that rewards team effort, but gives no individual rewards and evens out the playing field a lot - and this buffs them somehow.

wat

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1937
  • Infamy: 2305
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »
Twisting my words much? Old system was good for certain classes and players of (extremely) high level. From what I remember, at that time most Mercs were footmen with shields and swords/spears (you are/were pikeman, I know that). Very few were above level 40.

Battle on Pecores server was dominated by: a) heavy cavalry (like most Pecores of that time and infamous the_Finn), b) high wpf archers, c) horse archers (they were like the plague, especially Cris) and of course, 2H brutes (SUPERBEAST, Leed, Georges, Casimir).

New system completely changed that and worked in your favor. At the same time, I was on Shogunate server where they did extensive training with pikes and spears. But I doubt they ever had connections you guys had at that time (chadz never liked Ujin).

I'm not biased, because I "emerged" from the crowd six months after new system was implemented. Just saying how I remember it. Maybe I'm a bit senile, who knows :D

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 12:16:47 am »
+2
Even though I was playing cav almost exclusively at the time, I must say the radius system wasn't that bad because if you died in the right spot you still recieved a lot of xp, and more importantly nobody was punished for being far away, the gold was simply an incentive to be close to the action. With upkeep, you are actually punished when your team loses.

It also had the huge advantage of concentrating the fights and producing short rounds.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2013, 05:40:38 pm »
Twisting my words much? Old system was good for certain classes and players of (extremely) high level. From what I remember, at that time most Mercs were footmen with shields and swords/spears (you are/were pikeman, I know that). Very few were above level 40.

Battle on Pecores server was dominated by: a) heavy cavalry (like most Pecores of that time and infamous the_Finn), b) high wpf archers, c) horse archers (they were like the plague, especially Cris) and of course, 2H brutes (SUPERBEAST, Leed, Georges, Casimir).

New system completely changed that and worked in your favor. At the same time, I was on Shogunate server where they did extensive training with pikes and spears. But I doubt they ever had connections you guys had at that time (chadz never liked Ujin).

I'm not biased, because I "emerged" from the crowd six months after new system was implemented. Just saying how I remember it. Maybe I'm a bit senile, who knows :D

Try to be more ridiculous, i dare you.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2013, 06:01:55 pm »
I do miss the old cRPG...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 06:39:54 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Try to be more ridiculous, i dare you.
Open your eyes. Aliens did it! Heres a picture with circumstantial evidence that you cant identify as such but take my word for it anyway cause you cant prove otherwise.
(click to show/hide)