Author Topic: [NA] Aristeia  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
[NA] Aristeia
« on: June 20, 2013, 04:19:18 am »
Finally got me one of these.

We're all gentlemen here, feel free to speak your mind.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
Re: [NA] Aristeia
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 05:00:31 am »
I like chocolate milk.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 11:20:52 am »
Finally got me one of these.

We're all gentlemen here, feel free to speak your mind.

switch back to light armour and agi; then play more, jerk.

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:48:42 pm »
+1
I used to play with heraldric mail with tunic, with 42 body armor. Now I play with palace guard armor with 38 body armor. I have 6 ath instead of 8 ath. I'm in just as light of an armor and I'm not *that* much slower. Now that I'm a more balanced build, I am a lot chubbier too so I take more hits, which is probably the main difference you've noticed.

It's weird being a balanced build and having people alternately call me an agispammer and a strength crutcher.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »
I used to play with heraldric mail with tunic, with 42 body armor. Now I play with palace guard armor with 38 body armor. I have 6 ath instead of 8 ath. I'm in just as light of an armor and I'm not *that* much slower. Now that I'm a more balanced build, I am a lot chubbier too so I take more hits, which is probably the main difference you've noticed.

It's weird being a balanced build and having people alternately call me an agispammer and a strength crutcher.

I'm 21/21 (fun build) always using medium armor and have had Miley calling me a strength crutching noob the past 2-3 strat battles in a row (because I am always dominating him 1vs1 or easily ganking the tryhard with superior awareness)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:16:38 pm »
+3
Anything above 15 strength is crutching in my book.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:55 pm »
Anything above 15 strength is crutching in my book.

Yep. Stop crutching smooth. 15/27 is the proper build for your level. also, metal armour is for sissies.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 10:52:24 pm »
hola pls

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 01:06:43 am »
Yep. Stop crutching smooth. 15/27 is the proper build for your level. also, metal armour is for sissies.

A lot easier when you are a shielder. I actually most enjoyed 15/24 as a shielder, with tunic over mail as the heaviest armor, often less. I love me the Deli Robe and lobbied (successfully) to get it buffed!

As a 2hander it is absolutely rage inducing. One jarid can almost kill you, and throwers and pikes are everywhere. Especially in Strat battles, the majority of weapons are swords for 2handers and pikes + plate for everyone else and its pretty unplayable half the time if you don't have a decent amount of HP and PS.

You also need 21 STR for a Great Maul, which often is the only decent 2hand weapon in a Strat inventory.  7 Ath + Great Maul is more fun than a strength stacker 1-shotting people, that's for sure.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 01:14:24 am »
A lot easier when you are a shielder. I actually most enjoyed 15/24 as a shielder, with tunic over mail as the heaviest armor, often less. I love me the Deli Robe and lobbied (successfully) to get it buffed!

As a 2hander it is absolutely rage inducing. One jarid can almost kill you, and throwers and pikes are everywhere. Especially in Strat battles, the majority of weapons are swords for 2handers and pikes + plate for everyone else and its pretty unplayable half the time if you don't have a decent amount of HP and PS.

You also need 21 STR for a Great Maul, which often is the only decent 2hand weapon in a Strat inventory.  7 Ath + Great Maul is more fun than a strength stacker 1-shotting people, that's for sure.

I don't recall you ever being a manly agi-shielder; are you sure that happened?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 01:24:19 am »
I don't recall you ever being a manly agi-shielder; are you sure that happened?

I've done it a couple times, usually hybrid with polearms (to use an awlpike, fuck hoplites).  Usually laugh at how much easier those builds are when I put on heavy armor and use a bardiche-type polearm though.  Going from 4-5 well placed facehug hits to 2 shotting everyone at 200 reach is kind of sad.

I just don't last very long before I go back to 2hand and/or cav :(   

I get a respeccing addiction every few months.