Poll

Would you like to see Commander_250 back?

Yes
21 (77.8%)
No
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Commander Mode  (Read 645 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Commander Mode
« on: June 17, 2013, 10:46:06 pm »
+8
What the hell happened on Commander mode? I was trying to enter with my friend and I simply realized that there is no such server anymore.

I'd like to see the gamemode back. It would be enough if we can have the 250 one back.

We lost EU4 already, not this awesome gamemode as well please! I was planning on organizing an event about it.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Commander Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:48:50 pm »
Commander mode was realy fun :(

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:53:49 pm »
I think it was a temporary feature because they had the old servers for an extra month or something, so a way to use them as much as possible, making them run crazy with tons of bots.
But yes, having it back would be amazing

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 10:58:33 pm »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/community-faction-design-contest-commander-mode/msg802082/#msg802082

Quote from: Tydeus
A lot of people have been wondering what happened to this and whether or not their effort is simply going to go to waste. Unfortunately, I don't have the best news, but it's not hopeless. Originally, we decided to run this as a test because we had the old EU server for a few extra weeks. Now that those servers are gone, we no longer have a good place to host this game mode. Due to the fact that a dedicated server running this game mode can only accommodate a handful of players, it doesn't make economical sense to continue officially hosting this. On the plus side, anyone can host a server with this game mode.

In the event that we can find someone willing to pay for/host a server running this game mode, not only will these custom factions be playable, but further development can also resume where it left off. Sorry to anyone who feels like they wasted their time contributing, that was not my intention. But like you, I too put a fair bit of time into this.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 11:06:01 pm »
+1
I was just waiting for the custom factions, doubt we are ever going to see it return if this is how it is. Maybe there could be a weekly commander mode session in which one of the existing servers gets turned into a commander mode server for like 12 hours.

NA_1 or something, that server is dead anyway.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 06:15:50 am »
I was just waiting for the custom factions, doubt we are ever going to see it return if this is how it is. Maybe there could be a weekly commander mode session in which one of the existing servers gets turned into a commander mode server for like 12 hours.

NA_1 or something, that server is dead anyway.
lawl na_1 is certainly not dead git yuropoor

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 09:03:12 am »
I d like to see EU4 instead of Commander_250...

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 10:58:26 am »
A lot of people have been wondering what happened to this and whether or not their effort is simply going to go to waste. Unfortunately, I don't have the best news, but it's not hopeless. Originally, we decided to run this as a test because we had the old EU server for a few extra weeks. Now that those servers are gone, we no longer have a good place to host this game mode. Due to the fact that a dedicated server running this game mode can only accommodate a handful of players, it doesn't make economical sense to continue officially hosting this. On the plus side, anyone can host a server with this game mode.

In the event that we can find someone willing to pay for/host a server running this game mode, not only will these custom factions be playable, but further development can also resume where it left off. Sorry to anyone who feels like they wasted their time contributing, that was not my intention. But like you, I too put a fair bit of time into this.
How exactly do we host a server with this gamemode?
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 11:09:09 am »
+2
I'll post the server config file later - it's really just a normal server with a different gamemode.