Author Topic: playing crpg on a mac  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Sir_Hawkeye

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
playing crpg on a mac
« on: June 15, 2013, 10:21:02 pm »
I showed my girlfriend crpg and explained to her that it's a game that I love and that I'd love to play with her. She seems excited and is onboard to play with me but there's a problem, she's a mac person. Is there any way to get crpg to play on a mac? Help would be greatly appreciated, I think it'd be awesome for us to have this to play together.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: playing crpg on a mac
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:54:58 pm »
+1
Not officially.
You can use Bootcamp if she has it installed.
On the Mac OSX partition, I managed to get it working, but it took quite a while, and I do not remember how exactly.
It was easy to get M&B running, with a port by Paul the Tall (http://www.paulthetall.com/mount-and-blade-warband-mac.html). I think there might have been an issue with the mouse first time I did it, not sure any more.
I was using this, and the launcher on a friend's PC to install and update cRPG for a while, copying the folder over, and later I got the launcher to work on Mac via Wine and the terminal, but I do not remember how exactly.

Before I got the launcher to work, I would run the /Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/cRPG/WSE/WSELoader.exe file, which launchs WSE (the old one). With the launcher, you can launch WSE 2, but I suffer big performance hits this way, so I play with the old one.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: playing crpg on a mac
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 11:14:00 pm »
Running it on bootcamp works quite well actually;even with wse2. My good friend mrfistyogirl plays exclusively on his mac through bootcamp and has no problems whatsoever. Once you have bootcamp running, it's essentially like any other computer then and the computer and parts inside of it will be the determining factor on how well the game plays.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.