Author Topic: BATTLEFRONT  (Read 4261 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: BATTLEFRONT
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 05:12:42 pm »
Battlefront 2 was a lot of fun on PS2, especially the space battles and mos eisley jedis only.  Single player was pretty good as well.

It was good enough that when it came out on steam I got it.  Also looking forward to seeing what BF3 looks like.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 05:43:32 pm »
+1
So excited for this. With the new engine and technology they have going here, this could be seriously amazing. Dice better not turn this into Battlefield with Star Wars skins though or I will murder someone.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »
+4
Prepare for premium, and DLC whoring guys.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 06:20:36 pm »
+1
battlefront 1 was way better than 2. playing jedi's kind of killed it. or didnt make it fun to play vs each other anyway.

yeah battlefront was a battlefield clone but a dam good one, with alot of great original features. playing split screen battles with tons of bots was extremely fun. no other game had that scale, offline anyway.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:24:57 pm by Banok »

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 06:28:20 pm »
So excited for this. With the new engine and technology they have going here, this could be seriously amazing. Dice better not turn this into Battlefield with Star Wars skins though or I will murder someone.

Anf if it turns into a battlefield clone with SW skins I´ll be happy, too - Battlefield 3 is the best multiplayer shooter out there, BF4 will be even better - if the new Battlefront will be anywhere even close to that quality I´ll be the happiest little nerd on earth.

And since DICE develops it im confident the outcome will be great.

PS: I still have the hope EA will buy the Warhammer 40K licence and let DICE develop a battlefield-esque game in the 40k universe, this would be my top-orgasm game of all times.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 09:01:23 pm »
Battlefield 3 is the best multiplayer shooter out there

I don't want to start an argument, so lets just agree to disagree, I absolutely hate BF3. Everything after BC1 was pretty meh imo. And Dice has not impressed me lately. BF4 looks like more of the same meh, with more DLC rip-offs where you end up buying the game twice over just to get all the content.

Which is why I'm rather iffy about this, the engine and tech behind Dice could really make this amazing, but Dice could REALLY fuck this up. Especially with their track-record as of late. I don't need BF3 with Star Wars skins and have to pay out the ass for all the maps and whatnot. If I wanted to be ripped off and play a meh shooter I'd go for BF3. Hopefully Dice can get back to their roots pre-BC2 and do this reboot some justice. Fingers crossed!
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 02:49:39 am »
+1
I wonder if they will add in split screen, made the game so great.
Turtles

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2013, 02:59:08 am »
+1
Could have had Battlefront 3 a long time ago if EA didn't fucking dissolve Pandemic, which made so many great games. Fucking jerks.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2013, 07:32:39 am »
I don't want to start an argument, so lets just agree to disagree, I absolutely hate BF3. Everything after BC1 was pretty meh imo. And Dice has not impressed me lately. BF4 looks like more of the same meh, with more DLC rip-offs where you end up buying the game twice over just to get all the content.

I can list you a hundred reasons why Bf3 is currently the highest-quality multiplayer-shooter on a bigger scale out there - EVERYTHING about that game screams "QUALITY" in your face and slaps you in it with excellence.

You can say you dont like it - and that´s fine, everybody can have their opinion - but gods be damned, you have to admit it´s one fine piece of craftmansship.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 12:51:32 pm »
On PC its almost as if they tried to make BF3 into a fucking social media page, instead of having servers in-game but now having them in a browser sort of killed the game for me. Its a game not a fucking Facebook wall, like we want to see how many medals or kills our friends just got.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 12:54:24 pm »
Yeah the browser thing was utterly retarded. That single handedly put me off it as soon as I played the beta.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 01:03:56 pm »
On PC its almost as if they tried to make BF3 into a fucking social media page, instead of having servers in-game but now having them in a browser sort of killed the game for me. Its a game not a fucking Facebook wall, like we want to see how many medals or kills our friends just got.

Not only that, Battlelog stats caused people to play like complete fgts (everyone rolling M16 because it was the most OP gun for a LONG LONG time) and grind Metro 24/7 with explosives just to up their stats.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 01:14:00 pm »
I thought the reason everyone ground Metro was to meet the ridiculously overblown unlock requirements.
Don't.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 01:16:56 pm »
Not only that, Battlelog stats caused people to play like complete fgts (everyone rolling M16 because it was the most OP gun for a LONG LONG time) and grind Metro 24/7 with explosives just to up their stats.

In all fairness this has happened with every battlefield game since....ever.

Battlefield Vietnam everyone used the M60 when it first released because it was so badly balanced and just an insta-win gun in infantry fights. It took them a good few months before they nerfed it. In 1942 it was the StG 44 for a long time. Pretty sure there must have been a BF2 equivalent but I don't remember.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 03:18:33 pm »
In all fairness this has happened with every battlefield game since....ever.

Battlefield Vietnam everyone used the M60 when it first released because it was so badly balanced and just an insta-win gun in infantry fights. It took them a good few months before they nerfed it. In 1942 it was the StG 44 for a long time. Pretty sure there must have been a BF2 equivalent but I don't remember.

BF2 was fairly limited in terms of small arms choice, for a single faction and a single class that is.