Author Topic: A case for proper Siege Tower Usage.  (Read 399 times)

Offline GK_Leonidas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
A case for proper Siege Tower Usage.
« on: May 06, 2011, 04:39:14 pm »
I can understand the reason why catapults are not allowed to be used, as they bug the maps. But I am requesting, the use of siege towers on the outside of maps. I think it ads great depth and additional strategy to the game. Obviously building one on the flag should be a instant ban. Yesterday before I read the forums, about the exclusion of siege towers, I was building them on the outside of walls. They added great fun. Both offense and defense had a great time. You really can't build them in every map, so there use is still limited. I spoke with certain admins and they were not aware they were banned either, and they allowed me to use them. It didn't unbalance the game at all. I am asking for the powers that be to reconsider. Allow siege towers on the outsides of walls please. Allow them but just stipulate what can and can't be done. In the same way as you did with ladders to the heavens. I have not been banned, cause i stopped using them, but I wanted to get to a place where the admins read.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
Re: A case for proper Siege Tower Usage.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »
The main problem is you have 5 to 10 people messing around at building stuff while the rest of the attacking team try so hard to get the flag ... it makes an even fight if 1/3 of your team are building useless shit outside (healing tents are pointless as attackers, dying heal you faster, you respawn after 3 secs with full ammunition/HP). Most of the time the siege tower is bugged and useless. The only advantage I can see if to have an archer up there shooting at the wall, but then again , after mid round , it's useless since most of the fights happen by the flag or on the way to the flag, not at the wall anymore.

I still think unless it is really fixed and useful, that siege tower remains prohibited.

Catapults just bug maps and also you'll have plenty of people playing with them without really helping your teams.

Spawning with only construction sites to build stuff, in my honest opinion, isn't participating in the battle to help your team to win (as attackers) and should be considered almost like leeching.

But like we mentioned so many times , this is the BAN / UNBAN request section, if you want to discuss the matter of siege towers, this isn't the right place to do so. General Discussion or suggestion would be more appropriated.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 08:45:26 pm by Sphinxer »

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
Re: A case for proper Siege Tower Usage.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 11:55:28 pm »
NO SIEGE EQUIPMENT OR CONSTRUCTION SITES ALLOWED ON THE NA SIEGE SERVER!!!