Author Topic: Punch feture.  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Punch feture.
« on: June 11, 2013, 06:24:54 pm »
+1
Can someone explain to me why the one handed free players need more buffing?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 12:08:58 am by Kalam »

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Punch feture.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 06:41:54 pm »
+4
because before there was no reason to use 1h no shield over 2h and pole

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:43:23 pm »
+1
somebody's coding e-peen.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 06:45:14 pm »
+1
Because 1h without shield is(or was, depending on your point of view) closely the weakest you can get in this game.

Offline Daniisme

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 06:47:22 pm »
+1
somebody's coding e-peen.
I'm just saying one handed with out a shield is quite powerful already and I see no reason to add a feture to make them even more.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 06:52:56 pm »
+3
Like hell it is. Saw alot of 1h only players survive till the end of the round in battle? I saw 0. Shit range, weaker hits than other weapons, low survivability, stab is useless, some classes have better hitanimations, very easly prone to getting kicked, instant target for cav and ranged. All it has is speed and leftswingspam. It wasnt worthless before true, but it was far from powerful.

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 06:54:58 pm »
because before there was no reason to use 1h no shield over 2h and pole

Every single real warrior from the days of Troy till the days it became obsolete because of firearms used a shield. At least against arrows. Some might have wielded a battle axe or something similiar in two hands in melee distance, but why on earth would someone run around not using one of his god-given hands? Its like standing or even jumping on one foot when you could use both legs.

Should be like in TES V, you can only block when you use both hands. Nudge nonsense.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 06:57:12 pm »
+2
I'm just saying one handed with out a shield is quite powerful already and I see no reason to add a feture to make them even more.
You're right. 1h no shield is SO MUCH better than 2h and poles before nudge. There was so many of them and they all ran around abusing their OP 1handers killing everything without any effort.

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 07:06:44 pm »
+2
All they need to do is take away the "Freeze" and let shields block it and nudges would be fine.

Also, nerf the word "Feature" Too hard to spell.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 07:37:15 pm »
You're right. 1h no shield is SO MUCH better than 2h and poles before nudge. There was so many of them and they all ran around abusing their OP 1handers killing everything without any effort.

(click to show/hide)

Yeah also those that abused wearing no armor, nerf that shit

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 07:38:57 pm »
+6
Like hell it is. Saw alot of 1h only players survive till the end of the round in battle? I saw 0. Shit range, weaker hits than other weapons, low survivability, stab is useless, some classes have better hitanimations, very easly prone to getting kicked, instant target for cav and ranged. All it has is speed and leftswingspam. It wasnt worthless before true, but it was far from powerful.

What game are YOU playing? 1h stab is fucking AWESOME, you just arent using it properly. It isnt a lolstab, or a pole instastab, its for stabbing ppl who are stood behind you. L2P is my best advice.

EDIT: also: Leftswing spam? Problem is, most 1handers are russian/polish dudes using spammitar/pick, they dont have any idea how to get decent hits because they spend all day spamming shit. RIGHT swing is the king of 1handed swings, nice phantom range on it.

But there is a bigger problem, and thats weapon hitboxes: all hitboxxes in mount and blade on weapons are straight lines, so the larger the curve to your blade or the head of your axe, the more offset this line is from where you would imagine the weapon hitbox to be: meaning large axes and curved blades hit VERY early in animation. If they could fix this, it would be come evident how good 1handers are, since they are inherently nerfed by having the smallest models, so the smallest offset between what you see and what you get.

I have not explained this well, if anyone wants better explanation I can go on paint and make some diagrams. In an ideal world, the hitboxes on weapons would match the model, but it would massively nerf all axes, curved blades and large headed blunt weapons, and the whine generated would be audible in the next solar system.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:44:22 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »
What game are YOU playing? 1h stab is fucking AWESOME, you just arent using it properly. It isnt a lolstab, or a pole instastab, its for stabbing ppl who are stood behind you. L2P is my best advice.

When it comes to longer 1h weapons.  Stab is fairly hard to use.  The shorter ones however, are very deadly.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 07:41:08 pm »

Every single real warrior from the days of Troy till the days it became obsolete because of firearms used a shield. At least against arrows. Some might have wielded a battle axe or something similiar in two hands in melee distance, but why on earth would someone run around not using one of his god-given hands? Its like standing or even jumping on one foot when you could use both legs.

Should be like in TES V, you can only block when you use both hands. Nudge nonsense.

Yes mike, have your - and relax now.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 09:40:37 pm »
+1

Because we all know that Skyrim is the go to game for proper game mechanics for a PvP sword fighting game.

The only problem I have with nudge is the ability to hold an attack and then being able to nudge. The other guy can't to anything because if he tries to attack he'll get hit, if he isn't a fast enough s-key he'll get knockdowned.

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »
+1
I want to be able to smash people in the face with the butt of my arbalest