Author Topic: Strange lag problems...  (Read 282 times)

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
Strange lag problems...
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:50:24 pm »
After coming back to cRPG after a year or so long break I've been experiencing some very strange lag spikes. Every now and then I'll be fighting away minding my own business when suddenly I'll be unable to move for a brief moment, I'll then rocket around uncontrollably, after a moment returning to normal although I usually die because of it. I have WSE2 installed, everything is in order, native works fine and it's certainly nothing to do with my PC hardware as it's more than capable of running Warband.

Edit: Bit more info, sometimes they can be very very brief, where I'll be running, stop for half a second, shoot forward, carry on as normal. The lag spikes are also around 15 seconds between each other on average and my ping stays steady at 40 and doesn't budge, or at least it goes back to 40 so quickly that I can't catch it during a spike. (Although I used to get 15 ping back in the day, not sure why I get more now, could it be related to these problems I'm having?)

Edit:
The problem appears only to happen when playing with both GPU enabled with SLI, running on one seems fine.

Edit2:
Disabling SLI has reduced the problem drastically however it is still present. At least I can play now though.

Edit3:
Lag appears to have gotten worse again, would be nice if someone had any idea what could be causing this, it makes footwork impossible.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:58:33 pm by ToxicKilla »