Author Topic: Can you increase the armour difficulty ?? VIDEO ADDED!  (Read 3589 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Re: Can you increase the armour difficulty ?? VIDEO ADDED!
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2013, 06:38:01 pm »
+2
I have - the difference is that it's a far less risky move with greater rewards, when you're a str build.

You deliver more damage per hit and, if the opponent does return a hit, it'll hurt for a much smaller % of your HP. So much so, it's actually a viable "playstyle" with a heavily armored str char and a hard hitting 2h (see ivani4 and others).
People always state 1vs1 situations as an example and what they forget is that agi usually does better when he's getting 1vs2+ and it's harder to gank an agi guy. Str builds are getting gangbanged quite easily and even though they have their shittons of hp and armour but yet they can't do anything. Str builds can't exist alone as agi builds can.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2013, 07:08:32 pm »
I`m getting sick and tired of 2h agility heroes running around with coat of plates and all they do is endlessly spam their greatsword!

FOR THE MOTHER OF GOD, DO SOMETHING ABOUT 2H!

wasnt it the longsword? ah, all the same.

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2013, 08:15:43 pm »
I`m getting sick and tired of 2h agility heroes running around with coat of plates and all they do is endlessly spam their greatsword!

FOR THE MOTHER OF GOD, DO SOMETHING ABOUT 2H!
what about other spammers with 15 str on gothic plate and etc?  do you just want to nerf reqs for 2hers

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2013, 09:45:40 pm »
+1
People always state 1vs1 situations as an example and what they forget is that agi usually does better when he's getting 1vs2+ and it's harder to gank an agi guy. Str builds are getting gangbanged quite easily and even though they have their shittons of hp and armour but yet they can't do anything. Str builds can't exist alone as agi builds can.
Personally I prefer STR builds for being ganked by anything less than 4 people, after that agi builds if I can properly outrun them, if I'm slower than anyone of them then I'll once again consider an STR stacker superior.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2013, 10:52:15 pm »
The agi build can work right if you are an excellent blocker and can kill quickly despite low PS. The STR build can work if you play like a retard and are lucky for a few seconds. But the agi build lets you run if there are really too many.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2013, 12:50:13 am »
+1
This is a very old horse to beat, but it hasn't been mentioned in a good while.

Armor requirements are too low, and OR their weights needs to be adjusted so they reflect and interact with efficiency better..

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2013, 01:07:45 am »
+1
I believe low armour req is an artifact of 2010 cRPG nothing more
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Can you increase the armour difficulty ??
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2013, 09:21:05 pm »
+1
Panos, that's just total bullshit. 
You obviously have not tried playing high agi 2h, let me tell you how it feels.
1) You can't outspam everyone. It's is just easier to spam, but even so, you can only spam when your enemy makes a mistake in his timing. You can also spam with high str builds really effectively because of non-glancing attacks at any angle, btw.
2) Heavy armor is utterly useless for an high-agi char. Why? Because it cuts your athletics to zero. You can still be (comparingly) fast when running straight (as well as any str-plate crutcher), but you lose all your ability to change your moving directions smoothly, and it is the main purpose of having athletics, not running fast. And so all the speed bonus fades away.
3) You don't get much protection because of low HP (low str + usuallo no IF). The heavier armor you use, the more useless your agi becomes (which is nt noticeable for str- and very noticeable for agi-chars.

Now about pros:
1) You're maneuverable and fast (if you use right gear).
2) Speed bonus kinda compensates for low damage if you use it.

Of course, no one should underestimate the advantage of being maneuverable. It's easier to break through the enemy's "block barrier" (I mean to make him miss a hit), you can change your targets really quickly in the fight, you can run away in a lot of bad situations. But still it leaves you really fragile and weak.

If agi characters are so effective in heavy armor, why do you think they're so shit on Strat, where everyone's using heavy armor? Think about it...

PS: what I agree with you on though, is that the difficulty of heavy armor should go up to 21 str or even 24. I want tincans to be slower and stronger, as they should be.

Pretty much correct, but I want to add one more thing. After playing with an 12 agility character I realized that it is extremely difficult to hunt people from behind. My effectiveness in crowd fights dropped a bit. I suppose the best builds are the ones that has enough AGI for enough mobility, and rest into STR for hitting power.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2013, 09:54:54 pm »
Pretty much correct, but I want to add one more thing. After playing with an 12 agility character I realized that it is extremely difficult to hunt people from behind. My effectiveness in crowd fights dropped a bit. I suppose the best builds are the ones that has enough AGI for enough mobility, and rest into STR for hitting power.

That's more of a fighting style thing. STR stackers quickly learn to abuse Warband's take on bunny hopping, and make people come at them instead of the opposite.

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2013, 10:58:13 pm »
The agi build can work right if you are an excellent blocker and can kill quickly despite low PS. The STR build can work if you play like a retard and are lucky for a few seconds. But the agi build lets you run if there are really too many.

What is really scary is fighting a pure strength stacker with plate who can block. Now those guys are formidable foes. Sure agi is hard to fight too but you only have to hit them a few times at most.

But the downside in them being str and plate stackers is that they usually get gangbanged ping ponged killed.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2013, 11:45:02 pm »
Oh man, so much madness...
If you get spammed by close to ANY weapon in the game you either use a Long Maul, Long Spear, Pike or fists or you just played bad.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2013, 03:22:56 pm »
Oh man, so much madness...
If you get spammed by close to ANY weapon in the game you either use a Long Maul, Long Spear, Pike or fists or you just played bad.

Or you attempted anything that wasn't a straight attack or spam, trying to be a good aggressive player like in the oll times.

What is really scary is fighting a pure strength stacker with plate who can block. Now those guys are formidable foes. Sure agi is hard to fight too but you only have to hit them a few times at most.

But the downside in them being str and plate stackers is that they usually get gangbanged ping ponged killed.

Good STR blockers are formidable opponents as long as you are the one under pressure to kill them. If time is on your side and you make the effort to relax and try to play it safe a bit (which I personally often fail to do), they aren't that dangerous.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »
+1
I think it`s time for another permaban.

oh goody, time to bust these out again

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »
While the arguments may be quite bad, the idea behind it is legit.
A slight upgrade of the STR requirement for armors wouldn't hurt.

It could come with the "new" wpf curve, so that AGI builds don't get all the love.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2013, 11:33:32 pm »
That's more of a fighting style thing. STR stackers quickly learn to abuse Warband's take on bunny hopping, and make people come at them instead of the opposite.
Ah you are correct of course. But missing some opportunities because of low movement speed has it's impact on STR builds' effectiveness. For backpedalling and spamming, AGI is not that much vital. In fact I find it quite the opposite in some situations. Especially about the spamming part.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D