Author Topic: Don't jump too fast on a decision  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Don't jump too fast on a decision
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 05:57:25 pm »
Bullshit... I'm playing this mod for quite some time now and I haven't been banned even once. It's not like I am a saint but I know when to stop. And people w/o any ban history are clearly still the majority for crpg.

So, just the 12 bans from before alone are a good enough reason to remove you from the server.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 06:04:48 pm »
Bullshit... I'm playing this mod for quite some time now and I haven't been banned even once. It's not like I am a saint but I know when to stop. And people w/o any ban history are clearly still the majority for crpg.

So, just the 12 bans from before alone are a good enough reason to remove you from the server.

Just a little while ago, my friend Cap got banned. He ALSO has a lot of bans

He got banned for poll abuse, he polled Jona, who was afk,, right next to V, while bots are attacking V. and Jona cant save the V...cuz he's talking to people on steam.

So Cap, submits the appropriate poll

but since we all love Jona....Cap gets yet another ban....for poll abuse

you see where i am going with this?
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 06:13:19 pm »
You have to be completely stupid to get 12 accidental bans. If it were up to me, I would mute him here or just erase his account and forget about this individual forever.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »
Long story short, don't get banned after being essay banned.

One thing you should definately not do is go on a teamkilling spree after being essay banned. I'd keep him banned based on what I know of him.

Based on what I know of him he should stay banned forever. I see on his ban history 14 bans from 10 different admins. (both on EU and NA)

First ban was August 2012. 10 months and he has managed to be banned from 10 different people. Good riddance.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 06:27:49 pm »
StonedSteel, you talk about the mod dying and how it's a game.

Picture this: a new player just got the game, decides to try it out, and joins a server.  The first thing they see is Angiestrongestwomanintheworld going on a massive TK fest at spawn.

Do you think that new player is going to want to stick around playing this mod?  You say the teamkilling isn't hurting anyone, but it's in fact that sort of selfish playstyle that hurts the community more than anything else.  The rules are set up to ensure everyone can enjoy themselves, and when you value your fun at the expense of other people's, you're usually breaking the rules.

TheProjectNemesis broke those rules - many many times.  He made it evident he either didn't care about the rules, or couldn't remember them.  He even got essay banned and was given a last final chance, only to break the rules again.

What has he done lately that should convince us he won't break the rules again? 
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 06:32:29 pm »
And also, wtf has SMOOTHRICH to do with any decision taking, he lost his adminship for things like leeching and griefing but there he comes like an hour before an admin writes anything on the forums about my case, knowing my actual main when only a few people did and saying stuff like:`'' You're gonna get banned, haha my old friend, blablabla'' and then openly admits after I told him that why would he come troll me after my ban when he actually got banned himself and got his adminship removed: ''I would do that griefing that got me banned again if I could''. This guy clearly shows he never understood anything but hey, guess what, he's still in the circle of the admins, talking with them on TS or whatever and taking part in a global banning decision. I mean what are you trying to show? Who are you to decide that he shouldn't be allowed to play this anymore?

All you had to do was buy my stones for 500,000 cRPG gold, and none of this would've ever happened. Maybe its not too late, if someone clicks on my 750k stones on market, maybe I will have the time to arrange a mistrial
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 07:56:32 pm »
(click to show/hide)
well said plumbo, well said.

as we were discussing in DTV (where the arguably "less-serious" players go), perma-bans are just plain dumb. nothing done in game is ever worth a permanent ban. i mean seriously, you enrage people for like 2 mins when you go on a tking spree. and because of it you can never enjoy a game again. ever. a little harsh much? whatever happened to an eye for an eye? by that logic he should be banned for 2 mins, equal to the amount of time he "wasted" or "ruined" for those he tked. would i go banning people for 2 mins if i were an admin? no. I would ban for longer to be honest. but FOREVER (or what, technically 5 years?)?!?! not by a long shot. the longest bans should be at most a month.  I have started playing this game a lot more as of late, and a lot can happen within one week. players come and go in that short amount of time who i befriend. being banned for a month is like being left out for a year of real life. time just moves faster in crpg. not to mention a month of crpg-less solitude could really change someones' perspective on the game. they will either decide that hey, having a real life isnt so bad, screw crpg im never going back. in which case he wont bother anyone again. or maybe he will realize man, i really cant live without crpg. screw it, im gonna follow the rules now cuz i am no realizing how important this game and community is to me. odds of him coming back and instantly going on a tking spree again? slim to none.

and not to mention that it is said nowhere that an essay ban is your second to last ban ever, if not your last. and if it IS indeed said somewhere... well maybe it should be a little more obvious. ive been here for 3 years now and never seen a "game rules" post other than this one:

do others exist? maybe. but if so they must be hidden in some dark corner of the forums, where no one dare go looking. or doesn't have the time to go looking. you guys have to remember this is just a mod for another game. people don't inherently know all the rules about this mod, let alone the game itself. and lets be real here.. no one is going to go out of their way to find them.  as the official server rules post says "first rule of em all: common sense."  well, my common sense says that no one should ever be banned forever for such little acts of trolling, no matter how much of a repeat offender. (lets not soon forget that he was TKing a bunch of attackers in siege, at their spawn, who respawn in 3ish seconds... such a huge setback!)

He got banned for poll abuse, he polled Jona, who was afk,, right next to V, while bots are attacking V. and Jona cant save the V...cuz he's talking to people on steam.

So Cap, submits the appropriate poll

but since we all love Jona....Cap gets yet another ban....for poll abuse

...thanks for throwing me under the bus here. much appreciated. and yeah, poll abuse in dtv is the dumbest reason for a ban. would i have been mad for getting kicked while admittedly afking to talk to someone? no. it was what i deserved. i was wasting a few mins of others time, and therefore i will lose a few mins of mine while i have to rejoin and then wait. if i got banned for a few days for afking once... well then, i would be a little pissed about that. and eye for an eye, my friends.

The only reason I have that much bans on my list is becausing im not in one of the top clans like chaos or remnant. How many times have I seen people in these clans teamkill, volontarely bump, grief. However they just get ''warnings'' which is just a signal to say hey bud, start acting normal or il have to treat you like a NORMAL cRPG player.

yeah... this really is the most frustrating thing that pretty much all admins are guilty of. dont even try and tell me you have never done it. bullshit.  i was in na 1 just a few weeks ago where allers, strength extraordinaire, went full-retard-nerd-rage-mode on an admin. making various threats and generally tearing that poor soul apart for being a "badmin." then he also said stuff along the lines of "go ahead and ban me, i already have multiple cd keys just waiting to be used as i have before." so not only did this guy just tear apart an admin, he then goes on to say that he has been hoarding keys and has used them in the past (to escape bans, maybe? idk). and yet this guy is left unbanned? hah. thats justice for u. just because he is a well-known (for better or for worse) player, he doesnt get banned.

same with kesh, another well known player.. he got "permabanned" but actually had dirt on the admins so they had to unban him. so is that all u need to do nowadays? to expose the inner workings of the admin aristocracy to the general public and then you are no longer banned?

P.S. nice knowing you all and gf admins who deactivate my account for speaking out against you.

(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 08:10:16 pm »
I share your opinion StonedSteel, and I feel your pain.

I dont really care who's lying or not, the fact is we create punishment that kills the game further, by removing players for rules (that we all agreed on, I concede) that forbids entertaining one-self by doing stupid things, which sacrifices (in reaction) fun time from the players on the receiving end. Sounds logic heh?

But we all felt that urge and had some fun doing it on teammates, we also all wanted that guy to get banned for doing it on ourselves. I just wish we reacted less harsly and used more pedagogy (warnings... last time I saw one ? 1 year ago ?) and less harsh punishment (kicks... I think I never saw one in the last months :lol:) and give the players a chance to behave accordingly.

Atm the "ban section" looks like a clever tool to remove the last 1000's active players from cRPG forever (or because admins arent active enough to be ingame, they ban from a distance).

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:14:56 pm by Butan »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 08:11:41 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Do you hunt Aliens or Illumiati in your spare time?
This Mod is an ftp, provided by some generous Dev's after all. They can handle admin things and rules how they want.
Noone forces you to play this game, go ahead and play a different one if you're not happy here.

EDIT:
I share your opinion StonedSteel, and I feel your pain.

I dont really care who's lying or not, the fact is we create punishment that kills the game further, by removing players for rules (that we all agreed on, I concede) that forbids entertaining one-self by doing stupid things, which sacrifices (in reaction) fun time from the players on the receiving end. Sounds logic heh?

But we all felt that urge and had some fun doing it on teammates, we also all wanted that guy to get banned for doing it on ourselves. I just wish we reacted less harsly and used more pedagogy (warnings... last time I saw one ? 1 year ago ?) and less harsh punishment (kicks... I think I never saw one in the last months :lol:) and give the players a chance to behave.

Atm the "ban section" looks like a clever tool to remove the last 1000's active players from cRPG forever.

Sorry for dumping this post where it shouldnt be, according to rules, I deserve a punishment, but this is what I wanted to do  :wink:

12 bans seem like an appropriate warning, don't they?
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »
lol, using Allers as an example of a "protected player" is a hilariously bad example, since he's been permabanned before and bought a new cd-key to keep playing.  Which, incidentally, TheProjectNemesis can do if he wants to keep playing, just be aware that it doesn't give him a clean slate, so future bans could still be dealt with quite harshly if he decides to continue to break the rules.

Also I don't know about other admins, but I generally could care less if a player is "harassing" me in game in chat unless they are starting to aggravate other players or are REALLY going nuts.  Unless they are actively breaking other rules or harassing other players they can talk shit to me as much as they desire.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 08:35:52 pm »
And yet one more thread, in which all the , holier than thou players of c-rpg, came to bash a banned player.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 08:41:19 pm »
And yet one more thread, in which all the , holier than thou players of c-rpg, came to bash a banned player.
dw mate , we all know that your attitude is the holiest :wink:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 08:47:55 pm »
No micah, thats you and your hippie shit posts.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 08:52:55 pm »
No micah, thats you and your hippie shit posts.
got me  :oops:
but youre pretty good catching up   :lol:
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 08:54:03 pm »
Do you hunt Aliens or Illumiati in your spare time?

lol what?

This Mod is an ftp, provided by some generous Dev's after all. They can handle admin things and rules how they want.

and sure, this mod is made for free (can you think of any paid mods though?) by the dev's. making this game was their hobby, and also a good learning experience for them so they can go on to make their new game and hopefully have a huge success.

but you forget, they aren't the ones policing us. they gave this game to the community essentially, and rewarded all the "outstanding, righteous, role model players, etc. etc." with admin positions. then from their as time went on these admins recruited new admins, who recruited new admins and so forth. or in other words, become friends with an admin, and get free favors. so yeah, we aren't being told what to do by the devs and haven't been for a long time. did this guy get banned by a dev? no. in short, yeah the devs are nice guys for giving us a great mod. and no, no one is forcing any of us to play it. its free to play. which only enhances the fact that this should be a laid back experience. if u pay premium ($60, usually, or whatever the local exchange rates might be for you folks across the pond) for a brand new game from a well known developer or publisher, u expect to be buying into a "serious" or "structured" game with rules that are enforced. i.e. games used to always have punkbuster to ensure there were no hackers. and you paid for that service. here, this is all done by nice volunteers. potentially corrupt, but still, volunteers. they arent getting paid and we arent paying them. now, to get back on topic, nothing sets them apart from us, other than they have been privileged by knowing another admin and therefore acquiring adminship. anyways, this is a very community-centric game. and forever-banning people from this game just detracts from this community.

is he a trolling scum? maybe, to some. but he is still part of crpg. heck, if this mod had 0 trolling, and u get permabanned for braking any rule more than once, then this mod would be long, long dead. and not to mention just straight up boring. i for one like some trolling every now and again. as before stated by a couple, the best times are when u see guys dueling their teammates/friends, or just jerking around. not everyone is here for a constant x5 multi in siege or battle. its a GAME. and in case you are not aware, according to the dictionary,game is defined as: "activity engaged in for diversion or amusement."

so yeah... games are played for fun. for a diversion from everyday, mundane life. a community-driven game should not be a pick and choose kind of environment. what type of people make something fun, and dont let others be a part of it based off of past actions and otherwise just extreme prejudice?

should punishments exist? yes. should they be nearly as harsh as they are? hell no.

Noone forces you to play this game, go ahead and play a different one if you're not happy here.

i am quite happy here, thanks for asking. but that happiness is slowly drifting away as i see friends and acquaintances alike being pushed further and further away due to poor administrative decisions. people have just gotten fed up with being banned often and GTX, while others, like the case here, get banned for the dumbest of reasons so the one time the mess up "majorly" they get no 2nd chance. and the reason why i still bother playing such a frustratingly unbalanced and broken and dying mod is just to hang with all the community members that ive called friends over my time here. and yet people insist on taking those people away, slowly ensuring the death of this mod. and i am quite glad no one forces me to play, otherwise i would be quite miserable wasting my life playing this all day long. but at least i will never be as miserable as u appear now; caring so much about some imaginary money or experience in a game that is really only sucking up precious hours of your (real) life.  i mean come on. this is a game. its not like he robbed you, or made something u paid for give you a bad experience. as u said. FREE TO PLAY. you have lost NOTHING by this guy teamkilling you.

i hate to generalize, or be prejudiced in any way, as there are evidently plenty of cool guys who play in EU (like butan, for instance), but really... so far it seems almost all of you guys are just butthurt that you might have lost a multi in that siege round and therefore want to ruin this one guy's crpg career, and all those who know him as more than a "useless trolling nerd," forever. if this be the case then fine, ban him from EU, he is not from there anyways. i see no way in which all this complaining should affect his return to NA. so far the only 2 NA guys (that i know of) to post here, besides the accused himself, have been pro-unban. what does that say to you?

we are laid back people who enjoy fun? or that we actually know him for more than the 15 seconds he went on a rampage? or we just dont give a flying fuck if people break the rules as long as its all in the name of good fun?

lol, using Allers as an example of a "protected player" is a hilariously bad example, since he's been permabanned before and bought a new cd-key to keep playing.  Which, incidentally, TheProjectNemesis can do if he wants to keep playing, just be aware that it doesn't give him a clean slate, so future bans could still be dealt with quite harshly if he decides to continue to break the rules.

sorry, but what kind of messed up environment is this? "you can come back anytime you want, and we allow it! all you have to do is throw away some money!" you guys DO realize that doesnt change anyones attitude, or the way in which other players will perceive them, right? all u accomplish with this dumb rule is that you get someone to buy a game they already own twice, just to play a FREE mod again.  that jsut makes approximately 0 sense. and i would say allers is now quite a protected player now anyways. why? well, TheProjectNemesis got his first permaban for trash talking some guy. and here allers was threatening and trash talking an admin. and yeah, no punishment at all. and you say unprotected? hah.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 08:59:56 pm by Jona »

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador