Author Topic: 1h/shield cav. Looking for good builds... Should i go str,agi, or balanced?  (Read 850 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
Saw the 21/15 and 18/18 build on the "solid builds" thread and they look pretty decent, but I was wondering what the best of the best 1h/shield cav use...?

Does anyone use a 15/24 or 15/27 build? or what about 15/21 even with athletics and IF...?

Trade off in melee weapon damage for horse speed worth it?

I'm planning on using something like a barded warhorse, padded warhorse, War Horse or Large Warhorse.

What about this build...?
18/21  hp: 55
1 if, 6 ps, 3 shield, 4 athletics, 7 riding, 2 weapon mastery
1h (123)

Thanks in advance!  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:34:07 am by Sir_Hans »

Offline bagele

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
so last gen I did this and it was decently balanced

18/18
65 hp

6 IF
6 PS
6 Riding
6 Shield
5 Ath

I used a warhorse and an eastern warhorse, preferably the eastern one since its slightly better. You don't need any WM since you'll be on horseback, speed bonus/bumps is what gets you kills. Shield and Athletics are good for when you will get dehorsed. IF I like to have but you could move it around.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sammael

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SammaeI
Saw the 21/15 and 18/18 build on the "solid builds" thread and they look pretty decent, but I was wondering what the best of the best 1h/shield cav use...?

Does anyone use a 15/24 or 15/27 build? or what about 15/21 even with athletics and IF...?

Trade off in melee weapon damage for horse speed worth it?

I'm planning on using something like a barded warhorse, padded warhorse, War Horse or Large Warhorse.

What about this build...?
18/21  hp: 55
1 if, 6 ps, 3 shield, 4 athletics, 7 riding, 2 weapon mastery
1h (123)

Thanks in advance!  :mrgreen:

If it were me, I'd prefer to have more athletics for when I get dehorsed. I'd choose a fairly fast, long 1h, such as the Italian or a scimitar (elite or reg), then go with:

18/21
6 ps
3 shield
7 ath
7 riding

If you ever level beyond 30, add a point to shield, then start filling in wm or if, whichever you prefer. I like 4 shield, as it gives you access to some of the best shields. No wm means you will swing a bit slower, but with a decently quick 1h you should do fine.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
I do best with a 24/15 str build and a heavy horse, but some people prefer a 18/21 build and Arabian gokart. Really depends on how you play.

My build at lvl30:
PS8
IF6
SH4
RD5

Now at lvl32:
PS8
IF7
SH4
RD5
ATH5

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
I much prefer 21/15 over all others, having the extra skill points lets you max a lot more, and makes you able to be a lot more viable as a threat if dehorsed.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
I much prefer 21/15 over all others, having the extra skill points lets you max a lot more, and makes you able to be a lot more viable as a threat if dehorsed.

This or the opposite, 15/21. Weaker and not a 1hitter but more horses available and you can put 7 points in Athletics if you prefer movement over damage. But if you get dehorsed with enemies close by you'll probably not survive due to low hit points with the 15/21 build.