Author Topic: The best suggestion for horse ranged!  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The best suggestion for horse ranged!
« on: June 08, 2013, 02:22:51 pm »
Probably a nice solution if it comes with a free respec:

My suggestion has 4 steps:
-Make the current arrow/bolt quivers not usable on horseback.
-Introduce the halved quivers for all type of bolts and 2/3 quivers for all type of arrows. Make both their prices, weights halved. The ammunition of quivers shall be respectively 1/2 and 2/3. The slots can be the same.
-Give them free respec, both to stats and items
-Remove Horse Archery penalty to wpf (it was silly anyway).

Therefore, all horse ranged will have half the ammo they have now. Which will probably bring an end to round delaying (the biggest problem of the class). Introducing a free respec will give them the option to make a hybrid melee/ranged build rather than pure ranged.

Examples:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

We will have both versions in the shop.

For loomed versions, I don't see any problems for both to have +1 to ammo.

Additionally this has the potential to be good for people who want to make inf/archer hybrids, because the upkeep and the weight will be halved now. Probably, it will not be something very common but more diversity is always good.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 09:20:11 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The best suggestion for horse ranged!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 02:27:37 pm »
Fixed a small but important typo.
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 02:49:58 pm »
nerf nerf nerf... no more idea. what an idiot go to war with 10 arrow? pls leave game if you dont know play.

(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 02:51:54 pm »
nerf nerf nerf... no more idea. what an idiot go to war with 10 arrow? pls leave game if you dont know play.

(click to show/hide)

the qq is strong with this one

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 10:45:56 pm »
+1
the qq is strong with this one

Ironic statement considering the thread is a QQ in and of itself.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline sdfjkln

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 06:47:23 pm »
+4
Best fix for everybody is to change flag mechanics on battle, seige doesn't have a ranged delaying problem because the goal isn't to kill every single person on the other team, you can ignore kiting archers/heros and just go to the flags. Make flags pop out earlier on Battle mode and all this delaying whine will be mute. The upside is that you don't have to worry about ruining balance between classes which is mostly fine despite all the said whine.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:51:17 pm by sdfjkln »

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 11:03:49 am »
+1
 :o

What the hell is going on? This is not a nerf. This is something that will reduce qq from infantry. Because a horse ranged with 30 ammo just makes it impossible for infantry to fight back for a very long time.

Don't you see this is the thing required to make horse ranged balanced, instead of silly nerfs such as HA penalty to wpf. Besides, everyone agrees that 7/30 HX build is like a joke. So they will have to use a more melee/ranged build like 12/27 or 15/24. It's not like you can't use a pierce/blunt weapon effectively on horseback, especially if you have 8 or 9 riding.

About the ranged capabilities, the HorseCrossbowmen also has no problems with the HorseArchery skill. They are already accurate since they take no wpf penalty. If the HorseArchery penalty is removed, HorseArchers will have no such penalties as well. Which means more accuracy -> therefore less ammo required to make accurate shots. If you are using:
-2 stacks of bodkins, you will have 16 ammunition (masterworks)
-2 stacks of tatars, you will have 20 ammunition
-2 stacks of steel bolts, 14 ammunition

Which is more than enough if all things considered. Those classes will play like hybrids, engaging with melee weapons when they see an opening and using their bows/crossbows when they need to shoot from afar.

I'm really tired of qq statements. Make constructive criticism or fuck off.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:10:32 am by Ronin »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 04:25:41 pm »
+1
Whether or not this is a nerf is slightly debatable (it is), regardless of that it is a horrible idea.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 04:29:48 pm »
this doesnt adress HA being inferior to HX,  and HX being kinda ridiculouse...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 07:02:42 pm »
+1
Great idea! Also, after 20 swings, all 2 handers should turn into short swords and maces. All 1 handers should turn into daggers and clubs, and all polearms should turn into a staff! That will stop all the foot archer QQ about not being able to compete in melee!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 12:48:55 am »
Great idea! Also, after 20 swings, all 2 handers should turn into short swords and maces. All 1 handers should turn into daggers and clubs, and all polearms should turn into a staff! That will stop all the foot archer QQ about not being able to compete in melee!
Funny you :rolleyes:

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »
I would rather see a reduction in reload speed on horse back.

Xbow cav is much worse than HA.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 06:54:14 pm »
+1
Anyone 1+ing your suggestion has never played horseranged, I'm not even biased in this scenario, cause it's impossible to cut the throwing lances ammo in half. :lol:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 07:12:51 pm »
It is not for horse throwing, they have a low ammo already.

Maybe I should have made 2/3 ammo for Horsearchers and 1/2 for horse crossbows.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 07:19:20 pm »
It is not for horse throwing, they have a low ammo already.

Maybe I should have made 2/3 ammo for Horsearchers and 1/2 for horse crossbows.
Horsethrowers aren't UP compared to HA, please don't fuck up internal horseranged balance in the name of a shitty bad idea.