Author Topic: Bring back eu4.  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
  • Renown: 375
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Can you find my secret ?
  • Faction: The Joyous Raider
  • Game nicks: DoIphin, Siff and some alts
  • IRC nick: Dolphin
Re: Bring back eu4.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 07:26:53 pm »
+2
EU 4 would use less then EU 1 or 2 as it is lower populated.
we are talking 4-6 times less as it is less populated and therefore less demanding.
(click to show/hide)

Its not like they are having a really new and powerfull server they just upgraded to, right?

I wouldnt mind setting up a server here at me i have the hardware, its just stupid that i would have the best ping. People would be having shit pings and if i decided to download anything EU 4 would go down the drain.

and funding it sounds pretty stupid to buy a new server if they have one that probably could take the load which is running EU 1, 2 and 3 and could be set to run EU 4 as EU 3 is not populated except durring strat battles where people migrate from EU 1, 2 and 4 so load woudl stay nearly the same anyway.

The money or server cost reason is not something you can say is a problem when it certainly is not rumblood.

------------------------------------------
and grumpy nic why the hell do you have such a attitude against EU 4 its not like we are asking you to join it or anything.

you are saying ebcause it where running with a different attitude that we liked you dont think it should be there we are all the same and must like the same !

its just us "scum of EU 4" that want our server back and it has nothing to do with EU 1, 2 or 3.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:31:14 pm by Dolphin »

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 09:25:06 pm »

------------------------------------------
and grumpy nic why the hell do you have such a attitude against EU 4 its not like we are asking you to join it or anything.

you are saying ebcause it where running with a different attitude that we liked you dont think it should be there we are all the same and must like the same !

its just us "scum of EU 4" that want our server back and it has nothing to do with EU 1, 2 or 3.

Nobody is asking me to join any server. Yet I do. I did enjoy to play on EU4 because I enjoy small battles, which are not available on EU1. I wanted to play on an official server, EU4 was an official server but some people on EU4 behaved like it was their own server. But it is not. So I was looking for a small battle server but when I joined the gameplay was even worse than on EU1.
This is the reason I do not like EU4. I dont think its funny when the last 4 or 5 alive people just stand around and punch each other frequently for another minute. When asking for it to stop you get stupid comments or even a kick vote.

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 09:39:53 pm »
+1
I have personally not experienced that on EU 4, but sounds like a really shit experience to have witnessed, and would have pissed me off as well.

I have experienced duels of the last alive on a team though where its like 4+ players vs 1 they let the last duel his way to glory which i think is awesome, instead of watching a gank where we know who would have won.

above is what i think makes EU 4 the best server as that mentality is there to allow people to show of their skills from EU 3.
and the general good banther, where you laugh yell and love you fellow commoners on the server.

so nic i hope if EU 4 comes up that you wont have to experience what you have experienced a second time.
and only experience the "good" stuff.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 09:41:56 pm »
Nobody is asking me to join any server. Yet I do. I did enjoy to play on EU4 because I enjoy small battles, which are not available on EU1. I wanted to play on an official server, EU4 was an official server but some people on EU4 behaved like it was their own server. But it is not. So I was looking for a small battle server but when I joined the gameplay was even worse than on EU1.
This is the reason I do not like EU4. I dont think its funny when the last 4 or 5 alive people just stand around and punch each other frequently for another minute. When asking for it to stop you get stupid comments or even a kick vote.
And this makes it good for the server to be shut down how? If you don't like it don't play it, shutting down EU_4 won't magically make more small battles under terms you like anyhow.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 02:12:36 am »
+1
How do you know it wasn't over funding? I haven't seen a single poster who is saying to bring it back offering to fund it.

Well EU 9 is out there and empty. If they can afford one server why not the other instead? The problem is that EU9 doesn't give xp it seems, that's why ppl are asking for EU 4.

All true, but that means we need more admining, not a server shut down. Zlisch is right, people went there because they wanted to play there.

Offline Nukkel

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Nukkel
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 02:45:04 pm »
+2
bump

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 12:50:40 am »
EU4 comes back on August 13th

Offline Nukkel

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Nukkel
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 01:52:37 pm »
+1
Great

Offline Dolphin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 01:55:44 pm »
+1
EU4 comes back on August 13th

Wait what

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 07:05:06 pm »
eu4 was this shitty all night server.

if you can get it all bright supersunshine native-style-like daylight server you may bring it back. I guess I could pay for it. Maybe some small 20 slot server?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 08:01:57 pm »
+4
+1

Either bring back eu_4 or see it through and rename eu_1 to eu_rape.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline George_of_Nottingham

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 11:00:28 pm »
+1
i hate eu1. too much stupid Player...

bring back eu4 :mad:

Offline Sylvari

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sylvari
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 10:12:36 am »
eu4 is xbow and cav server  :o

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 12:49:44 pm »
+1
I hate eu 4 because of many reasons but there are players that just cant play on eu (shit pc) or just like what eu4 offer to them(with all that stufs that I hate)
if it is not big deal for devs to bring it back I love to see it back.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 07:23:41 pm »
+1
eu4 is xbow and cav server  :o

YOU ARE A XBOW AND CAV SERVER
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)