Author Topic: State of Decay  (Read 2550 times)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
State of Decay
« on: June 07, 2013, 08:03:24 am »
+1
This is an Xbox 360 game BUT it is great fun. BTW this game game out Wednesday, June 5th, 2013.

Gunna try and not spoil anything because there is somewhat of a storyline:

Essentially its an open world survival/rpg type zombie game. You start off with one character and need to figure out what the fuck is going on. Once you get your bearings straight and some decent supplies built up. You are able to move into a shelter. Once settled down into a base, you have a number of responsibilities. You have four main resources you need to maintain, Food, Ammo, Materials, and Fuel. Now the main ones are the first three, fuel is not used for cars but for creating things such as flamebombs/traps etc. Food is obvious that you need to maintain hunger, which is based on the number of survivors you have. So say you have four survivors and ten rations of food. Everyday those rations will go down by four. For ammo it depends on how many people you may have or if you have a watchtower built (get into buildings in a second). Materials are used for maintaining repairs and building facilities/upgrading them. How that works is in your building menu you have building squares where you can put buildings. You have a set number of building squares, which depends on how big your base is. (You are able to choose where you want to set up base and  that will depend on if you have the requirements to stay there). Some of those buildings include a watchtower, which puts a survivor on guard duty and shoots any zombies that come into the area of the base. Sleeping quarters to prevent sleep deprivation and gives beds to the population, and many more. Now you will get more survivors, whether you randomly meet them, save them,  encounter them on a mission, or they come seeking shelter at your base. Each character has their own unique traits/attributes. If the person liked to do something athletic such as hike, they will get a bonus in stamina. They could also have a unique attribute such as a doctor which helps with hurt/sick people. For basic stats you have things like, cardio, fighting, leadership, etc. You can increase these by simply running, fighting, and doing missions with other survivors. There are many missions to save other survivors, deal with infestations, look for supplies, deal with bandits, etc etc.

Debut Trailer
(click to show/hide)

Gameplay Trailer
(click to show/hide)

The game is $30 USD on the Xbox 360 arcade.

TL;DR http://undeadlabs.com/about-state-of-decay/
This game is fucking awesome. 10/10. Would bang
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:16:33 am by mmason94 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: State of Decay
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:14:45 am »
Made a thread for this bro. But I completely agree. Its fucking awesome.

I absolutely hate the fat guys though. Juggernauts or w/e they're called. Can't run them over with a damn truck. Blows out the tires.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 09:21:22 pm »
Made a thread for this bro. But I completely agree. Its fucking awesome.

I absolutely hate the fat guys though. Juggernauts or w/e they're called. Can't run them over with a damn truck. Blows out the tires.
I dont see your thread anywhere :P

But ya juggernauts with the whole car and tired thing. Found that out the hard way  :D I hate all of the special one lol. The feral fucks your shit up if your alone. The rotter you cant get anywhere near it without it blowing, and you dont want to shoot it and attract every fucking zombie in the area.

But overall I fucking love this game

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 09:45:30 pm »
I've never even really used my xbox 360, but looks like I'll be playing this tonight  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the heads up, this is what I've been waiting for in a zombie survival game. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 09:46:55 pm »
I've never even really used my xbox 360, but looks like I'll be playing this tonight  :mrgreen:

Thanks for the heads up, this is what I've been waiting for in a zombie survival game.

You wont be disappointed. I would have explained into more detail but I didnt want to say everything or spoil any of the story.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »
Well I love both Zombie and Survival type of games, this seems to be a great mold of both.  It's piqued my interests enough to plop down 20 or 30 bucks to give it a try.  guess I won't be playing crpg for a while
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 03:19:52 am »
+1
Well I love both Zombie and Survival type of games, this seems to be a great mold of both.  It's piqued my interests enough to plop down 20 or 30 bucks to give it a try.  guess I won't be playing crpg for a while

You were playing in the first place? People play crpg? I thought we all just said we did and chatted on the forums.

Offline Taser

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 03:24:58 am »
I dont see your thread anywhere :P

O rly?

http://forum.meleegaming.com/and-all-the-other-things-floating-around-out-there/state-of-decay/msg763251/#msg763251

Internet bragging rights!

But ya juggernauts with the whole car and tired thing. Found that out the hard way  :D I hate all of the special one lol. The feral fucks your shit up if your alone. The rotter you cant get anywhere near it without it blowing, and you dont want to shoot it and attract every fucking zombie in the area.

But overall I fucking love this game

Definitely. I found out the hard way too lol. I had to do it twice to notice it blew out the tires. That truck went so damn slow.. I abandoned it sadly. I liked it. Found another one so its all good.

Ferals are the only thing I fear in the game. Even the juggernauts can be avoided easily since they're pretty slow. Ferals just fuck your shit up. The first survivor I lost was to a feral that just mauled her. Felt bad since I had JUST rescued her from another spot then she gets mauled.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 07:45:02 am »
+2
You were playing in the first place? People play crpg? I thought we all just said we did and chatted on the forums.

LOL.

I thought the same thing, who the fuck plays CRPG anymore?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 06:03:21 pm »
Played 3 hours so far and have really enjoyed it.  made it through one night, picked up a survivor and quite a bit of good supplies and cleared out a camp ground area.

One thing I don't like is that right at the beginning is says it's a simulated world, but once I cleared out the camp ground area, zombies were still all over the place.  Granted not right next to my safe house they weren't randomly spawning in, but it seemed like they were being randomly spawned in areas I had already thoroughly cleared.

had to setup my xbox live account and update, took about 30 minutes to purchase the game for me and then maybe an hour to download.

And yes, I still really enjoy playing crpg and fighting in strat battles.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »
Played 3 hours so far and have really enjoyed it.  made it through one night, picked up a survivor and quite a bit of good supplies and cleared out a camp ground area.

One thing I don't like is that right at the beginning is says it's a simulated world, but once I cleared out the camp ground area, zombies were still all over the place.  Granted not right next to my safe house they weren't randomly spawning in, but it seemed like they were being randomly spawned in areas I had already thoroughly cleared.

had to setup my xbox live account and update, took about 30 minutes to purchase the game for me and then maybe an hour to download.

And yes, I still really enjoy playing crpg and fighting in strat battles.

Wait....it took your three hour to finish the starting camp ground area? XD

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 12:47:02 am »
No it was just into the next morning.  It probably took me about 2 hours, wasn't playing the entire 3 hours.  I ended up clearing out everything but didn't find the survivor to initiate the next sequence of events...so I ended up walking around the entire outside of the allowable map (without leaving and going into town). 

Once you get into the actual town it's much better and more open ended.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 12:56:26 am »
+1
So I caved and bought it after playing the trial. Quite fun so far. Really love the tense-ness of it. Just knowing that death is a real threat and you can't just re-load or some such thing.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 12:57:55 am »
Well I did cheat and went flying over a bridge with my car and quickly quit the game before it saved me in my broken ass state
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 06:19:43 am »
Well from what ive seen theres no point in giong into the woods and aimlessly walking around, because you wont find anything. Most resources are in building are near them. There is an occasional campground or site, but not too many. And while you cant just reload your game, you could just start from scratch. However as Ive said before you get new survivors in your group and are able to plays as them. That also means once one dies, such as the one were currently playing as dies. You would just switch to any one of the other survivors of your choosing.