Author Topic: Fear the Ranged death squad!  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Fear the Ranged death squad!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »
There's your problem right there. I see he counted 11 ranged in the picture and you think a shield is supposed to make you suddenly overcome those odds? Unless you grab a shield and 10 of your teammates, I don't see how you can expect to do ANYTHING.
This is funny, cause back when kiting was still extremely viable you argued that one archer should be able to kill eleven 2h heroes, hypocrite.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2013, 10:15:33 pm »
After reading this I'm thinking about working towards an additional foot archery buff within the balance team. In respect of their current inefficiency the amount of retarded lobbying against archers - even from otherwise intelligent specimen like Kafein - is unbearable. Maybe it is time to show again what it is like when they really have an impact on the outcome of a round which is now mainly hogged by cav,  inf and (to a lessen extend) crossbowmen.
As long as you don't buff kiting, projectile speed, and somehow make shooting someone at point blank useless (as there is no way any guy without a shield can dodge that closely, and if he got a shield archers can still shoot through it early on), then I'm cool with double damage and accuracy.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »
+1
Just make agishielder and ranged  can´t do shit.  :arrow: I have tested it.

To be honest even an agi shielder would've been torn apart in this given situation. When there's that much ranged they will simply shoot at you from different sides and direction, you can't block every direction at once!  :wink:

Isn't it funny how 11 ranged characters can tear up people who run into them one by one? Totally doesn't happen when I run into a mob of 11 melee guys all by myself. I just swing left and right with my mace and they all fall down dead.

To be fair, if you're running into a group of 11 ranged characters by yourself, death is the only real outcome, if you're careless enough to take such an action you've already justified your imminent death.  :cry:

And as far as the melee thing goes, I really don't think it's a fair comparison. If you're running into a group of 11 melee players on your own, I'm 99% sure you're going to die. Shit if you run into 5 on your own you're most likely gonna die unless those 5 players are absolutely terrible.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2013, 10:24:04 pm »
+1
Yes and no sauce, I typically die after a little while if I'm in the middle of 5 enemies (with my sword and board), but I can usually last pretty long, and sometimes even have the chance of coming out alive.  I know that's certainly the case with some of the better shield/sword users (like San or Jrab or a dozen other guys). 

But I think pappy's analysis is the best.  You can't reasonably put yourself up against 11 of the enemy and expect to come out alive, whether they're all ranged, all 2h, or a mix of classes.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2013, 10:31:10 pm »
+2
Says Thomek, the ninja who can't be arsed to try and use teamwork.  AKA rambo 2h hero on the edge of the map.

You are very much mistaken. I think turning around, distracting, kiting, beating and backstabbing isolated elements is very important to the team. (I do it also because I can't stand clusterfucks..) To me this is controlling my game, and If I fuck up, its due to mistakes I did, contrary to the random mess that most players experience.

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2013, 10:32:25 pm »
Well you'd be wrong then, but thanks for playing
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2013, 11:11:34 pm »
+2
Yes and no sauce, I typically die after a little while if I'm in the middle of 5 enemies (with my sword and board), but I can usually last pretty long, and sometimes even have the chance of coming out alive.  I know that's certainly the case with some of the better shield/sword users (like San or Jrab or a dozen other guys). 

But I think pappy's analysis is the best.  You can't reasonably put yourself up against 11 of the enemy and expect to come out alive, whether they're all ranged, all 2h, or a mix of classes.

I can agree with this to an extent, I mean I can't really argue it because I've done it before, but I'll be honest and say if that group knows what they're doing and isn't just a ravenous blob of players hungry for the kill, the person usually has no chance, regardless of skill. If they know how to alternate their strikes or hold, it's real easy to kill that person in no time at all!

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2013, 11:31:21 pm »
+7
If you've ever seen huseby play, there is no way he ever has ran into 5 melee players unless he accidentally stumbled on them from backpedaling from 1 melee player.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2013, 11:40:15 pm »
There was a time when I was pro ranged.

And then I played last night, and holy fucking shit at least 1/2 of the enemy team was ranged every time, I saw the situation in the OP more than once in one sitting.

Nerf cRPG!

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2013, 12:06:53 am »
+1
If you've ever seen huseby play, there is no way he ever has ran into 5 melee players unless he accidentally stumbled on them from backpedaling from 1 melee player.

How do you really feel?  :lol:

By myself?  No, because I don't rambo or suicide rush into groups of people.  I tend to try and back out of situations where I'm greatly outnumbered.  I get dismounted quite often in large groups of enemies however and have to go back and forth and circle around the group to try and escape (I usually will try to kill as many as I can before dying).  And I don't back pedal from 1 melee player, I'm usually trying to circle and move erratically, actively trying to kill them. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2013, 01:45:30 am »
+4
To be fair, if you're running into a group of 11 ranged characters by yourself, death is the only real outcome, if you're careless enough to take such an action you've already justified your imminent death.  :cry:

And as far as the melee thing goes, I really don't think it's a fair comparison. If you're running into a group of 11 melee players on your own, I'm 99% sure you're going to die. Shit if you run into 5 on your own you're most likely gonna die unless those 5 players are absolutely terrible.

I was being sarcastic, though I understand that in written word it's sometimes easy to miss or misunderstand :)

You are very much mistaken. I think turning around, distracting, kiting, beating and backstabbing isolated elements is very important to the team. (I do it also because I can't stand clusterfucks..) To me this is controlling my game, and If I fuck up, its due to mistakes I did, contrary to the random mess that most players experience.

Yes Thomek, you think. The reality is, you spend 2 minutes running on the edge of the map, while the two clusterfucks clash. By the time you actually get into a fight to contribute, the round is usually decided. Killing that 1 archer that happened to be camping at the very back of the enemy team is, while nice and heartwarming, totally useless most of the times.
This is the scenario when you actually survive. However, following quite a few ninjas around with my agi character, all you usually do is stir some shit for 5 seconds in the backline of the enemy team that didn't get into fight yet, then get swarmed and killed.

I have nothing against ninjas, but they are not contributing in any major way to the results of the round.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2013, 01:59:47 am »
I was being sarcastic, though I understand that in written word it's sometimes easy to miss or misunderstand :)

In retrospect it was a lot easier to see it was sarcastic. My bad, don't I feel stupid now.  :rolleyes:

Offline Juhanius

• Legendary Engraver
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 26
  • "I always hated crossbows, take too long to load!"
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Juhanius, Stormy_Repairs
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2013, 02:18:53 am »
+2

You are very right Sir. That is also reason why I usually stay back and fight against cavalry( controlling my enviroment). Shooting into melee is always risky business. When Tangoing with horses its mainly up to my skill to survive. Back in the old good days shooting was much accurate, then shootin in melee made sense. Now it so much weird random shit even with 174 skill.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2013, 02:58:05 am »
+1
Yes Thomek, you think. The reality is, you spend 2 minutes running on the edge of the map, while the two clusterfucks clash. By the time you actually get into a fight to contribute, the round is usually decided.

This happens sometimes, it depends on the map, enemy cav, archers, their position any many other factors. The best if ofc when you manage to encircle the enemy at the crucial moment just before the clash happens and create confusion. This is what you want to achieve when conditions allow. When I'm solo I usually just go for archers though :D I like the sneaking!

The point of Ninjaing however is to create your own challenges and goals, little missions often, inside cRPG and achieving them. Ofc there are better, more effective ways to play. I'm not saying Ninjas are made to win rounds :) Just that they are not entirely as useless as you think. I often top scoreboards, as does macropus and khorin much more often than me, although we have different tactics.

(Khorin - charge right in and kill everyone, Macro-small encirclements, me - large encirclements.. roughly :) )

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2013, 03:51:15 am »
This is funny, cause back when kiting was still extremely viable you argued that one archer should be able to kill eleven 2h heroes, hypocrite.

Quote or it didn't happen.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln