Author Topic: Looking for Wurm Online buddies  (Read 4810 times)

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
Re: Looking for Wurm Online buddies
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 10:13:12 pm »
+1
Wurm online was a lot of fun, but the skill gain is ridiculous, and don't bother trying to fight anything (run like hell and avoid like hell).  You can't get over a certain skill level unless you pay money (which was okay with me, I liked the game enough to pay some money).  I was really into the terraforming and setting up a little civilization, but the skill gains were way too slow for me to keep playing more than a month or two.

Yeah I can understand that, probably subconsciously was part of the reason I stopped as well. But I played on a PvE server. I'm gonna give it another go this weekend with Necro and we're gonna try starting anew on the PvP server, I hear the skill gain is increased quite a bit there, plus killing other players should make things rather interesting.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 10:14:56 pm »
+1
Yeah I can understand that, probably subconsciously was part of the reason I stopped as well. But I played on a PvE server. I'm gonna give it another go this weekend with Necro and we're gonna try starting anew on the PvP server, I hear the skill gain is increased quite a bit there, plus killing other players should make things rather interesting.

I would have joined you guys (and asked my bro and a couple other crpg guys who originally played it with me to join) but I'm going to give State of Decay a try tonight and I'm sure I'll be playing that all weekend.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 11:22:38 pm »
+1
Wurm online was a lot of fun, but the skill gain is ridiculous, and don't bother trying to fight anything (run like hell and avoid like hell).  You can't get over a certain skill level unless you pay money (which was okay with me, I liked the game enough to pay some money).  I was really into the terraforming and setting up a little civilization, but the skill gains were way too slow for me to keep playing more than a month or two.

The Epic cluster apparently has a lot of crazy things going on in it plus 2x exp.  The best part for me (In my opinion) is the fact that the developers tell you the new mechanics and fixes in updates, but do not tell you if they added a new thing In game.  A lot of the stuff is player researched.  You may discover something new yourself and end up making "History".  That and you can make IG currency and pay for your premium.  So in a way, the game is pretty much free.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 11:37:51 pm »
I would have joined you guys (and asked my bro and a couple other crpg guys who originally played it with me to join) but I'm going to give State of Decay a try tonight and I'm sure I'll be playing that all weekend.

Yeah actually saw that too. Would love to try that as well but I really don't like playing Xbox anymore lol. Plus with getting back into Wurm, playing c-RPG again, getting into Neverwinter, and doing a playthrough of Stalker, plus dealing with finals, I really don't have time to get into anything else, let alone barely have time for the games I play now. Probably will give it a shot when it gets a bit cheaper and I'm less stressed for free time. Let me know how it is!  :D

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 03:18:27 am »

Aw yeah!

Its fun but be wary there are a few bugs in the game that definitely can hurt you severely. IE: survivors dying and their stuff falling through floor/ground, too many infestations problem (huge morale drain) that takes into account infestations globally and not any near your home base, and some issues with survivors/zed getting stuck in walls and etc.

Most of the major problems are being fixed with a patch next week. So if you haven't started, you could wait or just start now and get the hang of it and if you are ok with those problems (they are manageable) then keep on keeping on.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 05:47:50 am »
+1
Goddamnit. Now you've gone and convinced me to look into it, thus convincing me to get it. As if I didn't have enough problems with time-management as is.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 06:39:50 am »
Goddamnit. Now you've gone and convinced me to look into it, thus convincing me to get it. As if I didn't have enough problems with time-management as is.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 08:53:58 am »
Aw yeah!

Its fun but be wary there are a few bugs in the game that definitely can hurt you severely. IE: survivors dying and their stuff falling through floor/ground, too many infestations problem (huge morale drain) that takes into account infestations globally and not any near your home base, and some issues with survivors/zed getting stuck in walls and etc.

Most of the major problems are being fixed with a patch next week. So if you haven't started, you could wait or just start now and get the hang of it and if you are ok with those problems (they are manageable) then keep on keeping on.

I already had a problem with my first survivor getting stuck in the bed of an overturned pickup (tried to jump across a broken bridge) luckily i was able to restart before it saved :D  I'm being very careful with every risk I take (other than the jump)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Araxiel

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 77
  • ((===||:::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vincent_Ruth
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 03:16:42 pm »
Play on Epic. Skill gain is faster and effective skill is higher than your actual skill.
Well I roleplayed gay for long time to get Asca attention as harmless one but it didnt help. I only attracted Tueten, Cicero and Grey Order...

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 02:55:48 am »
+1
I think this needs a revive.

I didn't realise anyone other than Vinnie played until I was scared for my life hunting raiders with him & saw a name I recognised in the kingdom chat. It's good to know there were/are some people who play it as well and coincidentally belong to the same kingdom!

Certainly up for doing a bit of trade/helping people out if they have anything needing doing.

I think I can safely say that at least 6 of us play.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 02:56:01 pm »
I was gonna try this out as some of the features look pretty cool, but after watching videos of the pvp it looks like one of the most awkward and boring looking PvP systems I've ever seen, clicking through drop down menus and waiting for timers to complete attacks. Sadly I don't enjoy many games that dont have reasonably decent PvP. I can imagine myself feeling like I did when I played Minecraft, bored.

Maybe I will give it a try.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2013, 03:29:25 pm »
I was gonna try this out as some of the features look pretty cool, but after watching videos of the pvp it looks like one of the most awkward and boring looking PvP systems I've ever seen, clicking through drop down menus and waiting for timers to complete attacks. Sadly I don't enjoy many games that dont have reasonably decent PvP. I can imagine myself feeling like I did when I played Minecraft, bored.

The combat is a bit boring when it comes down to action.  Although, the whole plot of the game is to advance.  If they added Twitch combat it would take away the power of those who spent the time to advance and become a powerful warrior or perhaps even champion.  I personally like this system for a game like Wurm.

It can create this whole sense of "Don't mess with this guy" because he has been training since day 1.  It actually rewards players for their time rather than personal skill, yet the process to becoming that powerful is slow enough where not many have accomplished it.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2013, 05:30:30 pm »
The combat is a bit boring when it comes down to action.  Although, the whole plot of the game is to advance.  If they added Twitch combat it would take away the power of those who spent the time to advance and become a powerful warrior or perhaps even champion.  I personally like this system for a game like Wurm.

It can create this whole sense of "Don't mess with this guy" because he has been training since day 1.  It actually rewards players for their time rather than personal skill, yet the process to becoming that powerful is slow enough where not many have accomplished it.

By reasonably decent I didnt mean twitch combat, I meant anything better than navigating a drop down menu everytime you want to attack and then waiting for some kind of progress bar for the action to even happen. Just looks awkward and slow, it is like a prehistoric terrible version of the general hotkey targeting mmorpg. Being able to set the combat actions to hotkeys AND the combat actions happening there and then with a cooldown, would generally make the pvp less terrible, IMO that is.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2013, 05:58:11 pm »
By reasonably decent I didnt mean twitch combat, I meant anything better than navigating a drop down menu everytime you want to attack and then waiting for some kind of progress bar for the action to even happen. Just looks awkward and slow, it is like a prehistoric terrible version of the general hotkey targeting mmorpg. Being able to set the combat actions to hotkeys AND the combat actions happening there and then with a cooldown, would generally make the pvp less terrible, IMO that is.

The drop down menu for melee is merely the direction you want to attack.  Special moves have inductions though.

The rest is automatic and timed.  Weapons have different speeds.  (I swing every 3 seconds)

The drop down is not as complicated as it looks honestly.  Although, ranged combat is more complicated then it needs to be, I can agree with that much.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2013, 06:02:43 pm »
If you're playing WURM for the PVP (or even PVM) you're doing it wrong.

It's super fucking tedious as it is to get your skills up.  You think crpg is a massive grind?   :lol:
 - Stolen from Macropussy