Author Topic: Serious Business  (Read 4321 times)

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Serious Business
« on: May 30, 2013, 04:10:59 am »
+16
edit: Chaos attacked random fcc guy (saxton) then FCC declared war

Cikel sat at his desk with a full belly. His phone lay lifeless to his right surrounded by empty tea mugs. On the floor next to him lay a plate once filled with oreos. He hadn't showered today, but then again who would he shower for? He casually picked his nose and sent his findings flying away with a flick. He leaned back in his chair and found himself in the diplomacy section.

He was bitter.

Not so much at FCC for their diplomacy posts, or the way dbrookz reacted to his "omg fcc abuse" jokes. Not at gnmutoo breaking character and telling him to shut the fuck up. Not so much at Fimbulvetr for ignoring his warnings. Not at Bonesaw who frequently takes things too seriously. Not at Occitan for playing the right move. Not at the people who lash out in anger more than occasionally. Not at the bro coders who waste everyone's time. Not at the community he calls home.

He was jaded.

He checked the strat map often. Too often. He checked it when he woke up and turned on his computer. He checked it before leaving the house (though he rarely left). He checked it in his mind before he went to sleep, the ever expanding red burned into his sight. He felt anxious. He felt anxious over a video game. He felt anxious over a video game at best represented by an online map with circles and different colored texts.

He felt bad.

Of course it wasn't solely his fault. Most Frisians were tired of beating up on Hospitaller and were actively looking for a new target. He had cautioned against attacking FCC just yet. His primary target had always been VE. They were suffering in a war that had recently gained them very little ground at the cost of too many men. Their morale was starting to waver and they were becoming inactive. FCC had never looked stronger.

And Chaos/FIDLGB attacked.

He had initially merced for FCC against FIDLGB in the first few battles. His kd's, like many others, were obscenely high. It was clear something had to be done. The greens seemed to attack without purpose, without goals. They had no desire to expand. They just wanted to fight the strongest faction. Noble enough considering that most of their members were afk.

And their armies crumbled.

A clan who doesn't enjoy using plate with pierce weapons will rarely enjoy victory. A clan who doesn't plan their inventory out will find themselves falling short. A clan who isn't ready to declare total war against their enemies will never succeed. The time for action had come. He added his voice to the others, their resolve growing and resonating until union came to fruition. They were cocky to the point of being conceited. How could any faction handle 12,000 troops hurled at them with short notice.

So he planned.

He knew the truth of the matter. He had been in FCC for a short time, but had seen enough. He knew their mind set and their resolve. He knew that they would not quaver under the newest threat, but welcome it with open arms. He knew what trouble Fimbulvetr was about to get itself into. It could be avoided, if they did not make the same mistakes everyone else did when attacking FCC.

And pleaded.

He begged them to listen to his counsel. And it seemed as though they did. "We should only be looking to reinforce FIDLGB and Chaos" they had decided. It was a good plan, if not a bit cautious. But somehow or another his tactic was lost in their pride and thrown to the steppe wind. Our minds were filled with thoughts of recent victories, our chests bursting with hubris.

So he watched in horror.

As random, haphazardly planned attacks were ordered with no intention of taking land. As field battles took place playing right into the enemies hands. As Ill equipped men were sent off to certain doom. As armies ran out of gold and conscripts ran away. As thousands of lives were lost in a matter of days. It was a nightmare. And all the while FCC planned and eagerly awaited their turn.

And where were they now? Back exactly where they had started. Countless attacks yielding nothing more than angry mercenaries tired of losses. Relations strained between Fimbulvetr factions. Bowlers days away from being broken. Chaos nowhere to be seen. Occitan turning their backs, a smile on Arrowaines lips. Cikel a broken man with nothing left to lose.

And everyone to blame.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
Re: Serious Business
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 04:38:43 am »
+1
You spelled my name wrong. Is it really that hard to spell?

o wait..

and why can't I yell obscenities ICly? Are all characters in strat super nice people and all their players are the evil doers?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:41:37 am »
+1
So full of outright lies, as to not to be taken seriously. The disconnect between your brain and your fingers is staggering. You truly are a wonder, Cikel.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:45:21 am by Relit »

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 04:51:55 am »
+5
Bypassing my mute through my old account.

Cikel, you're my bud and I love you, but,

Together we stand, divided we fall. This helps nothing but lower morale and strain relations.

VE was too big and we thought FCC would be a fun adversary.

Get on TS and play some dota with me.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:00:18 am by Havelle »

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:10:55 am »
So full of outright lies, as to not to be taken seriously. The disconnect between your brain and your fingers is staggering. You truly are a wonder, Cikel.

Tell me the lies Relit. I do understand you take this game seriously enough. Was it the army without ladders? Or the battles where we ran out of gear? Or was it how I told sandersson multiple times that we should only defend, and that you agreed under the condition that we get a treaty with Chaos. A TREATY IN A VIDEO GAME. What did you expect? For them to fly to your house and hand write something.

As for Havelle thats not at all why we hit FCC instead of VE. We wanted to hit the biggest faction. You said multiple times that you were tired of people thinking we were FCC vassals as well as saying how much you hate FCC people. Relit got all butt proud about his glorious relations with VE so there was that too. And we wanted to make sure FIDLGB and Chaos did not get rolled as we knew they would. But then again you haven't been very active.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 05:14:17 am »
+3

Also saying that I have a disconnect between my brain and my fingers would mean I'm thinking the right thing but typing the wrong thing.

It would be better if you said something that was making fun of my thoughts not my motor skills.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 05:15:52 am »
You are such an idiot Cikel.

This is why women aren't supposed to drink when they are pregnant.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 05:17:07 am »
You are such an idiot Cikel.

This is why women aren't supposed to drink when they are pregnant.

Very thought provoking comment turbo. I remember when we were about to break away and you sent relit to say "we'll do whatever Frisia wants. If they want to attack VE we're down. If they want to attack FCC we're down."

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 05:18:04 am »
Or was it how I told sandersson multiple times that we should only defend, and that you agreed under the condition that we get a treaty with Chaos. A TREATY IN A VIDEO GAME. What did you expect? For them to fly to your house and hand write something.

What?

Well now you're just talking out of your ass, the only person who really rejected the idea of attacking FCC at the time was my crew, all of Frisia (including you) had a rager for war with FCC.

Also, since when was there ever discussion of a treaty with choas?  I don't recall such things  :lol:

EDIT:

Not to mention you got all close and tight with Occitan / Chevalier, and then dropped the idea of attacking VE to go on other adventures.

Stop spewing shit all over the place, you're just causing unneeded bullshit among the people who can actually formulate comprehensive conversations.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline DaruviansUnmutedAccount

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 05:18:14 am »
+9
Why didn't I ever think of that... You're a genius, Havelle! Now I can post that Kesh is a my old friend every day until I get muted on two accounts!

Cikel, I have only played or even thought about this game for a few hours in the last weeks (because it's a shitty game), but let me assure you that even though I hardly have any desire to care about this game, one part of my resolve will forever remain strong.

It is the righteous duty of Frisia to fight the my old friend Companies of Calradia.

If you ever again find your determination from the cause swaying, let yourself be reminded of the one eternal, inexorable, and undeniably true cause that guides our crusade: Kesh is a my old friend.

Time and time again the my old friend Companies of Calradia prove this truth. You only need eyes to see it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 05:24:10 am by DaruviansUnmutedAccount »

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 05:19:01 am »
Very thought provoking comment turbo. I remember when we were about to break away and you sent relit to say "we'll do whatever Frisia wants. If they want to attack VE we're down. If they want to attack FCC we're down."

Actually we never said that so lay off the glue.

Offline Havelle

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 364
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisitan
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 05:19:49 am »
+4
Can both you stop insulting eachother?

You think you'd stick by us even if we made mistakes or fucked up. The Raven point is moot. We're Fimbulvetr and we should make the best of what we got.

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 05:20:25 am »
+3
What?

Well now you're just talking out of your ass, the only person who really rejected the idea of attacking FCC at the time was my crew, all of Frisia (including you) had a rager for war with FCC.

Also, since when was there ever discussion of a treaty with choas?  I don't recall such things  :lol:

Artyem it's funny that you think we only talked about strat with you. There was a long period of time (maybe a week) where we Frisians sat around and discussed who to attack and why. Of course you don't play this game so I do not find you at fault for disagreeing and not knowing what was up. Also you don't have a crew.

Offline DaruviansUnmutedAccount

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 05:21:13 am »
+6
Can both you stop insulting eachother?

You think you'd stick by us even if we made mistakes or fucked up. The Raven point is moot. We're Fimbulvetr and we should make the best of what we got.

ill make the best of what ur mom got lol my old friend

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 05:21:26 am »
Actually we never said that so lay off the glue.

Yes you did. Relit came into ts and said he came from turboflex. Again very good criticism but you'll never know the high I achieve off glue.