Author Topic: Make HX really Badass, not halfbaked  (Read 341 times)

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
Make HX really Badass, not halfbaked
« on: May 26, 2013, 09:05:57 pm »
I would like to add a point to HX discussion concerning the role of HX class in the game

HX has a nice "bad boy" image connected to it, which is great for ppl , that love to play rogue or outlaw classes .. comparable to bandit/assassine(agi 1h/2h) and sniper(arbalest in crpg) class-role in cRPG. My research about the thrill in playing the class, showed exactly, which abilities and attributes makes being HX fun :
http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/what-makes-playing-hx-fun/

(click to show/hide)

Its high damage-potential and speed on ride-bye shotgunning and sniper-precision on range ... ofcourse the maneuverability on an champ arab enables it to survive with decent dodging skill, which accounts to his bad-ass style immersion profile.

I do feel that fast reloading xbow is counter to the role image for this class, since it encourages open encounters ... for example against many cav opponents  ... this is the world for HAs imo but not for badass deadly rogues , that should strike from hidden like a lightning with insane damage  and disappear the same way. They should work much more like mounted arbaleste snipers than moskitos.
Open encounters must be disencouraged, to improve and uphold  the class role image and immersion !
Suggestion for high armor wpf penalty, come for the same reason as slow reload speed, to disencourage open engagements and encourage striking from hidden with high speed and impact instead.

I suggest high reload time and high damage xbow along with high armor wpf penalty
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:24:21 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login