Author Topic: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come  (Read 35625 times)

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_Flying_Dildos
Re: MURRICCA c-rpg clan league - If you build it they will come
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2013, 06:43:22 pm »
Daruvian have you even tried cav yet? With a teammate spawning you weapons?

Blackwhite is pretty effective maybe you're just doing it wrong? We know you're good at wracking up kills in strat battles, might require a different approach a tiny bit of skill and not being aloud to swing your wep into a group of people killing 1 while your horse kills 2 each time you make a pass, in an 8v8.
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHOOT A DILDO DOWN YOUR THROAT.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jack1

• Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2013, 08:27:44 pm »

Says the archer... HARHARHAR

But in reality I think daruvian just needs to hide his horse a little better. It just kept getting shot at the beginning on the arena map by agile.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2013, 10:50:01 pm »
Well my experience has been against Astralis who has fielded Agile_Astralis and Phantasmal_Damsel_Astralis for each scrimmage; each one has a lot of damage with each arrow or bolt, and in my experience it has taken two projectiles from either of them to take down my Destrier. The horse just feel meaningless at that point. 2 projectiles negates over half of my spending: not worth it.

A horse would obviously be more viable against some other teams... but any team with one good archer will focus your horse and kill it quite easily. It would only be slightly more difficult for a good crossbowman/arbalester.

I've tried the teammate-spawning a weapon method before, still makes me think cavalry is totally nerfed in this game mode. I don't get why there is even a rule for how many heavy cavalry a team can have; no one can even afford to spawn in as heavy cavalry in this mode. There's no such thing. An unloomed heavy warhorse leaves you ~4.5k gold to equip yourself.

Heavy cavalry isn't even my style, it's not what I do in NA_1, but in the context of these matches I think it would be the only good way to play cavalry.

Maybe it's silly to have the same gold requirement for an archera 2H hero as it is for cavalry? Maybe the gold needs to be based on what class the person is?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:00:26 pm by Daruvian »

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2013, 11:07:22 pm »
+1
Thought it is worth mentioning but you can't spawn with an MW Arb alone. Probably the same with a normal arbalest. 
@Daruvian - This IS the first league so let it play out and I'm sure come second season, there will be changes made.
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2013, 11:27:56 pm »
Well yeah, I get that. I'm still having a lot of fun playing shielder with my guys which my build is just as suited to. It's just a bummer that the thing I am recognized for and have done for ~13 generations straight is not viable. Shielder is just as good, but not as satisfying to my gut. It doesn't feel like home.

EDIT: It would be like Ravens not being able to use a huscarl shield and an axe or warhammer. IT FEELS WRONG.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2013, 12:02:26 am »
EDIT: It would be like Ravens not being able to use a huscarl shield and an axe or warhammer. IT FEELS WRONG.

We dont use Huscarls and actively discourage it. Better to hybrid into throwing and use a heavy round or elite cav, it fits better with our theme and works well when grouped together with our other hybrid shielders.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2013, 12:15:00 am »
Last night in the Raven vs TKoV fight I think cav seemed fairly effective actually.  It forced teams of melee to split their focus between the people in front of them and the cav chilling in the back.  Then when fighting actually starts with limited amounts of loomed armor they can gib people who are too busy fighting the melee battle in front of them.

Serious question: Daruvian do you have any suggestions on how we can better incorporate cav into these?  I really don't see how to do it well without removing the gold cap (or effectively making it useless) and going with some other form of balance, and I think that's going to cause more problems than it would fix things.

Was spectating from start to finish, and BW fucking demolished TkoV in the first map(although things went the opposite way the other two maps), it was very effective. Daruvian has told me that ranged simply counters cav too much in a competitive 8v8 format, and the gold limit renders it useless as well. I paraphrased that pretty hard. I don't agree, but I'm also not cavalry at the moment, so my opinion doesn't count for much.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2013, 12:20:16 am »
When I used to be cav and we had our match against Astralis I had zero difficulty sniping out Agile, which I felt turned the fighting heavily in our favor.  I was using a courser + great lance + bastard sword + my normal armor.  Before I started spawning in as cav, it felt like the matches were a lot closer, because Agile hurts a hell of a lot.  There were many variables in the outcome of the match of course, but taking out a really good archer in an 8 v 8 I think is a very important key, at least if your team is composed mostly of 2-hand heroes.

It's not a matter of skill on cav (the independents can tell you how good I am on cav), the map chosen just worked laughably well in our favor.  We fought on a map that was more or less split down the middle by a huge cliff, so while my team went one way to go engage their team I went around the back where the range have to hang out and because I was using a courser, they had very little time to react by the time I came charging up.

So I guess what I'm saying is cav isn't useless, you just have to use it at the proper time.  We went from having nail-biter fights, to our last round being a flawless victory.

-idlewind
-idlewind

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 22, 2013, 01:41:49 am »
add lamk alt

(1%) PRO_Remnant_Lamk (Louis_IX)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #159 on: June 22, 2013, 03:08:36 am »
add lamk alt

(1%) PRO_Remnant_Lamk (Louis_IX)

Added.

Regarding the game RoR at PRO Saturday 6/22 @ 9 PM EST, it looks like a reschedule to tonight isn't happening (since it would be..now). RoR do you have other suggestions regarding make-up times, or do you think you can play at the scheduled time?

I'm going to leave it to RoR folks & PRO folks to work out a new time and let me know when that's decided.  If I don't hear anything by tomorrow night, I'm going to assume the match is happening as regularly scheduled & if a team doesn't show it will be a forfeit.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #160 on: June 22, 2013, 03:29:51 am »
Was spectating from start to finish, and BW fucking demolished TkoV in the first map(although things went the opposite way the other two maps), it was very effective. Daruvian has told me that ranged simply counters cav too much in a competitive 8v8 format, and the gold limit renders it useless as well. I paraphrased that pretty hard. I don't agree, but I'm also not cavalry at the moment, so my opinion doesn't count for much.

Thats because they didn't have me in the first map..

trolololol.

But seriously BW did fuck us up. He wasn't on his horse the second map at all and was only on his horse once I believe on the third. Was a fun scrim. Was pretty funny that we lost on the map we picked the first time and then raven picked their map and lost that. Both of us losing 3-0 on the map we each picked. Irony.

Also shine. You have my name as Taser_of_TKoV. It should be Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV like the awesomeness my name is.

Offline AluminumMonster

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2013, 12:48:13 am »
a leader from ror(and any other team leader) add me on steam so i dont have to play forum tag...
flying_dildos

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2013, 04:48:10 am »
Independents vs Astralis match is going to be postponed until after this upcoming FCC/Chaos strat fight

Right after head to the raven server folks & we can get this kicked off
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2013, 04:58:37 am »
Sandy Can our fight Sunday night follow our 9pm strat fight? Should be closer to 10:30 than 10.
Leader of BS

Offline Winterly

• Count
  • Renown: 230
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • I play with Quiet Mode On.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
« Reply #164 on: June 23, 2013, 06:55:24 am »
Sorry about the poorly timed battle, and thanks for the great round. Keep up the good work organizers!
Winterly's Stuff(selling Courser/buying head and foot armor)
I love how most EU players insert an imaginary "f" into my name: Winterfly.
"Life is kind of like peeing into the snow in a dark winter night, you probably made a difference, but it's really hard to tell" - Joe Wong