Author Topic: Unband demand - Admin Abuse  (Read 809 times)

Offline Rhodri_of_Wessex

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Unband demand - Admin Abuse
« on: May 25, 2013, 12:52:18 am »
Despite Ganner's oh so wise advice about trying to be polite, I'm choosing not to be when there is blatant admin abuse.
I'd would here demand that my ban be lifted seeing as it was wrongly placed by admin Hospitaller Span who after getting accidentally TK'd by my hammer swing while trying to assist him on the siege server he promptly muted me after I told him to eat shit for giving me a Teamwounding Count. (I may as well be honest)

Outraged I chose to issue a kick-poll for him, for which he countered with a kick and ban. This all screams admin abuse and power trip and I demand justice.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: Unband demand - Admin Abuse
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 01:20:56 am »
That called poll abuse

Player    Rhodri_Taliesin
Banned by    Spanish
Ban Date    24.05.2013 22:48:49
Scheduled Unban    25.05.2013 22:48:49
Ban reason    poll_abuse

Edit Note: Here when your unban its a 24hr ban
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:28:21 am by Muki »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 01:21:32 am »
Well, you were banned for poll abuse. Not all that surprising is it? The previous map you put up a rage poll (or something to that effect) about a guy teamwounding you who was on the other team. You were kicked after being warned about poll abuse, then the map changed. You were then muted, by that time you'd been warned plenty about abusing polls. Then you decide to put up the poll kick on Span, resulting in your ban.

Offline Rhodri_of_Wessex

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 01:25:24 am »
I didn't poll about teamwounding you git, and if the guy was kicked (which isn't a ban) at a majority VOTE (that's how democracy works) he likely deserved it in the eyes of the people. That's why we have the ability TO VOTE. If you dont want polls, you disable them.

Span got his poll for a kick because he was admin abusing.

That called poll abuse

It's called admin abuse and if the admin can't handle a kick VOTE (where the people have a say) then he has absolutely no fucking business being an admin. Besides the kick vote was in response to him muting me after I told him to basically fuck off for the friendly-fire count (complete accident after he died from a hammer strike, was probably low health and butthurt even though it was an assist)

Point is if you allow asshats to administrate and moderate your game you're going to end up with dead/dying community and surprise surprise this community is almost fucking dead.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2013, 01:26:41 am »
The reason you stated here for the poll was
after I told him to eat shit for giving me a Teamwounding Count. (I may as well be honest)

Outraged I chose to issue a kick-poll for him

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Rhodri_of_Wessex

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 01:28:18 am »
The reason you stated here for the poll was

You seem to conveniently miss the point where the outrage was sourced from his admin abuse.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 01:35:16 am »
I didn't poll about teamwounding you git, and if the guy was kicked (which isn't a ban) at a majority VOTE (that's how democracy works) he likely deserved it in the eyes of the people. That's why we have the ability TO VOTE. If you dont want polls, you disable them.

It's called admin abuse and if the admin can't handle a kick VOTE (where the people have a say) then he has absolutely no fucking business being an admin.
So why did you poll Alvin then? I seem to recall people mentioning TWing, but alright. The reason that most people approve when it comes to stupid polls like that one, is just to troll the person. Not because they really want him kicked. There are rules against poll abuse to prevent people from being able to kick guys from the server just because they don't like them, which is how fair democracies work.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 01:44:48 am »
http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/

Behavior rules
No offensive behavior anywhere
Remember that this is the internet. Don't be insulted if someone calls you an idiot.

No random kick/ban polls. Always specify reason before starting a poll
OK: poll-kicking a leecher
OK: poll-kicking an intentional teamkiller
NOT OK: poll-kicking someone who involuntarily hurt you
NOT OK: poll-kicking someone because you don't like his playstyle

Despite Ganner's oh so wise advice about trying to be polite, I'm choosing not to be when there is blatant admin abuse.
I'd would here demand that my ban be lifted seeing as it was wrongly placed by admin Hospitaller Span who after getting accidentally TK'd by my hammer swing while trying to assist him on the siege server he promptly muted me after I told him to eat shit for giving me a Teamwounding Count. (I may as well be honest)

Outraged I chose to issue a kick-poll for him, for which he countered with a kick and ban. This all screams admin abuse and power trip and I demand justice.

1. It is perfectly acceptable to ctrl-m someone for team-wounding, no matter the circumstances.
2. Telling someone to eat shit is offensive behavior, read the first quote.
3. If you do not specify a reason before the poll goes up, and that reason is legitimate, then it is poll abuse.

To summarize: Excessive shit-talking in the chat will get you muted, raging about it and attempting to kick the admin who muted you will get you banned. Next time someone reports you for team-wounding take it as a reminder to be more careful with your swings.

Ignorantia juris non excusat (Ignorance of the law excuses no one)

(fyi, admins can't be kick by polls or 5/5 ctrl-m reports, really just wasting your time)

Edit: Want to hear a fun fact: the siege map rotation fucks itself all the time (going to field maps, maps with spawns that force you to jump to your death, and siege beta maps which kill the server). Since not a lot of admins play siege the best way (until the map rotation is fixed) to ensure that the siege server can correct itself is to enable map and kick polls (map polls for the reasons above and kick polls for people that spam map polls). It is the poll abusers like you that make the admins take polls of the server. In acting the way you have you're disrespecting everyone that plays siege. Grow up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 01:54:30 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 02:04:43 am »
The funniest part about getting banned for trying to poll kick an admin is admins can't even be poll kicked/banned.

(The reason they can't be poll kicked/banned is because of idiots like you.)

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Rhodri_of_Wessex

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2013, 02:56:23 am »
Ah some good old fashioned forum/community dick sucking, whatever I'll stick out the ban, it's obvious that I wont be able to get through the thick skulls (made thicker with as much dick as they've taken in them.) of you people.