Author Topic: Horses have no natural predators  (Read 29416 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: Horses have no natural predators
« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2011, 02:28:07 pm »
I lol'd

I lol'd again.

Srsly, the only way to hit a decent lancer with a weapon shorter than a pike is to chamber his lance. This also means that many times you won't get the free hit as you down his horse by the arse.

I have already said many of the things I want to say earlier in the thread (read if interested), but as it stands infantry needs to be able to actually combat horses on the battlefield (yes, by itself, I already know you can down a horse with pike and ranged support...). Charging non-pikemen infantry poses almost zero risk to a decent lancer nowadays.

Jesus christ dude...

Im sorry, but if you have to chamber a lancer lance in order to get a hit in on him, then you are seriously doing something wrong and should get some help. I haven't read your earlier posts as of yet, but if this post is any indicator of what i'm missing out on, then i'm going to assume you've never truly played cav or are just extremely biased. Unless you're on one of those armored bank breaking horses, most things are going to 1/2-shot hit you if you're going at them with any kind of speed. I won't mention how situational  cav players are. Certain maps, going on horse back just isn't  a smart option. It's much more convenient for infantry classes. Hell, even if it isn't a infantry map many 2 handed swords or some long 1 handers can bring down a charging cavalry player. If you want to bing out the Arabian horse and it's maneuverability, fine, but you're forgetting the a sharp blade of grass is damn-near likley to cause it fall apart. It's such a delicate horse.  Again, this is coming from someone who has no love for cav; the new lance speed reduction has also made it more challenging for cav players. Sorry if you disagree, but Cav is in a good place atm in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:39:32 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2011, 03:29:56 pm »

Jesus christ dude...

Im sorry, but if you have to chamber a lancer lance in order to get a hit in on him, then you are seriously doing something wrong and should get some help. I haven't read your earlier posts as of yet, but if this post is any indicator of what i'm missing out on, then i'm going to assume you've never truly played cav or are just extremely biased. Unless you're on one of those armored bank breaking horses, most things are going to 1/2-shot hit you if you're going at them with any kind of speed. I won't mention how situational  cav players are. Certain maps, going on horse back just isn't  a smart option. It's much more convenient for infantry classes. Hell, even if it isn't a infantry map many 2 handed swords or some long 1 handers can bring down a charging cavalry player. If you want to bing out the Arabian horse and it's maneuverability, fine, but you're forgetting the a sharp blade of grass is damn-near likley to cause it fall apart. It's such a delicate horse.  Again, this is coming from someone who has no love for cav; the new lance speed reduction has also made it more challenging for cav players. Sorry if you disagree, but Cav is in a good place atm in my opinion.

You simply dont understand that heavy lance outrange anything 150 range and below. You also dont understand that it's rider who dictate terms of combat. Cav is too strong atm, and heavy lance is too long (i would shorten all other lances by 5 and heavy lance by 10, and reduce maneuver and speed for everything keeping it below 40 as a base - up to say 44 for specialized horses).

Offline 22nd_King_Plazek

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2011, 05:25:21 pm »
Cavalry =/= Lancers
Learn the difference.
Everyone is all OMG CAV IS OP!
This is not the case. Two handed cavalry, sword and board cavalry, throwing cavalry, horse archers. These are not overpowered.

Lancers are overpowered.

Of course when the lot of your are wildly exaggerating the difficulty of beating lancers saying nonsense like it is impossible to kill them or even defend yourself without a pike you can hardly expect the devs to take you seriously. If your not exaggerating then you maybe just need to learn some skills. There are plenty of methods by which to beat lancers without pikes and even more ways to beat the other types of cavalry.

Maybe all you guys should have supported the lance nerf that came out that restricted the attack angle of lances in a realistic way instead of letting the whining lancers get it revoked within hours of its implementation. This is the only way to balance lancers in relation to other cavalry types and from there, the rest of the game.

---

If your going to complain so much about what is OP or what is not then at least get your terms correct and if you think that cavalry in general is OP then some of you need to explain very quickly what exactly about sword cavalry and the like requires a pike...

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2011, 07:46:31 pm »
Cavalry =/= Lancers
Learn the difference.
Everyone is all OMG CAV IS OP!
This is not the case. Two handed cavalry, sword and board cavalry, throwing cavalry, horse archers. These are not overpowered.

Lancers are overpowered.

You know what, I'll buy that.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #259 on: May 28, 2011, 12:15:24 am »
The main problems are that the sound system for detecting horses and throwing are both crap and useless. I don't see a lot of horses dying to archery, seems that their biggest threat is themselves for not being able to avoid running into walls or sharp pointy sticks. They're like lions. They strike fast and seemingly out of no where. I don't enjoy running around paranoid every round.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #260 on: May 28, 2011, 06:09:18 am »
Once you've played long enough, you learn to check behind yourself every couple of seconds for cav. Do that, avoid areas like open fields that are bound to be cav ridden (no pun intended), and you really won't be troubled by cav any more than any other class. If you're playing battle, you have to be paranoid about cavalry and archers alike. Don't like that? play on the duel server.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 06:12:13 am by Duster »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 28, 2011, 06:37:40 am »
Once you've played long enough, you learn to check behind yourself every couple of seconds for cav. Do that, avoid areas like open fields that are bound to be cav ridden (no pun intended), and you really won't be troubled by cav any more than any other class. If you're playing battle, you have to be paranoid about cavalry and archers alike. Don't like that? play on the duel server.

It's a double standard though haha, because there is nothing out there that keeps horses paranoid. They get to run around freewilly.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #262 on: May 28, 2011, 07:12:56 am »
It's a double standard though haha, because there is nothing out there that keeps horses paranoid. They get to run around freewilly.

You've been out of the saddle for far too long, chesty. Walls, pikes, archers, other horsemen. Honestly, this perception of horsemen as invincible superheroes is quite rediculous. My champion courser is about as fast as a native courser, my heirloomed heavy lance is about as fast as a native great lance, I can't carry a shield because my two weapons (lance and bec de corbin) take up all my slots, footmen can now wield an even longer pike, but noo we also need to be oneshot by throwing axes to be properly balanced. Seriously dude, wtf.

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #263 on: May 28, 2011, 08:16:53 am »
I think people are QQing over some cav that do very well
OP= anyone can do very well with little practice
that's not lancing
lancing takes practice
is the new pub cav starting c-rpg OP?
No
the truth is you can lolstab the shit out of 75% all cav out there today
seems people been lanced too much by that other 25% who know why they're doing.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #264 on: May 28, 2011, 08:21:40 am »
You've been out of the saddle for far too long, chesty. Walls, pikes, archers, other horsemen. Honestly, this perception of horsemen as invincible superheroes is quite rediculous. My champion courser is about as fast as a native courser, my heirloomed heavy lance is about as fast as a native great lance, I can't carry a shield because my two weapons (lance and bec de corbin) take up all my slots, footmen can now wield an even longer pike, but noo we also need to be oneshot by throwing axes to be properly balanced. Seriously dude, wtf.

Basically this.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #265 on: May 28, 2011, 09:12:53 am »

What are you crying about? That you can't have multiple 2 slot weapons + a shield? Get a one hander. Archers can't even carry a regular one hander and 2 stacks of arrows with the two best bows.  Get a shield and it protects not only you, but somehow magically covers your entire horse from damage as well. Or are you suggesting that everyone else should have to modify their build to deal with cavalry, (carry a pike!) but cavalry should be the Swiss Army Knife of cRPG?

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 28, 2011, 11:51:05 am »

Haha, I am a bit upset throwing was nerfed to the ground. It was such a great anti cav tool, the best. How can you list walls as a threat? Hahaha! I gotta tell yah the ground is a huge threat to infantry. The ground is a real bitch when I fall off stuff. Listing other horsemen as a threat is just as ridiculous haha. "Throwing wasn't overpowered last patch because everyone threw."

I do sympathize with you about the slots though, it's just that slot management is something everyone has to deal with not just horses.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 11:52:38 am by Chestaclese »

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #267 on: May 28, 2011, 04:25:11 pm »
The biggest threats to melee cav are: (in descending order)

Horse Archers, pikes, polearm users, archers(+throwers+xbowers), 2handers.

HA's and pikers are classes that the melee cav cant win over at all in a 1vs1.

Biggest threats to Horse archers:

Other horse archers, archers.  (where archers are normally at a disadvantage, but they can still take down HA's)

As you can see, melee cavalry has a lot of "natural predators", though I still think throwing should get a little buff by reducing the penalty powerthrow makes on wpf. However, HA's have no real counters, except other HA's, which would then put them at an equal footing. (but getting countered by itself isnt really a counter)

So the title of this topic should be changed to: Horse archers have no natural predators

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #268 on: May 28, 2011, 04:29:35 pm »
What are you crying about? That you can't have multiple 2 slot weapons + a shield? Get a one hander. Archers can't even carry a regular one hander and 2 stacks of arrows with the two best bows.  Get a shield and it protects not only you, but somehow magically covers your entire horse from damage as well. Or are you suggesting that everyone else should have to modify their build to deal with cavalry, (carry a pike!) but cavalry should be the Swiss Army Knife of cRPG?

Yes as they have a hose under them which means they should be able to carry way more stuff than infantry.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #269 on: May 28, 2011, 05:42:43 pm »
OMG what a retard...
All you have to do to avoid cav rape is down blocking ffs.If cav couches which makes em really vulnerable against any stuff longer than 100,try to be a man and kill him.Also don't play like a retard and try to hear the voices on battlefield.React your environment and your teammates.I don't understand how people still post these comments.
War is simple if you are stupid,you are dead.
Do you think people of Iraq quit fighting cuz USA have OP jets ?
Stop crying like a lil girl and fight you worthless peasant .