Poll

What Gen did you stop retiring?

16+
I have not stopped retiring

Author Topic: At what Gen did you stop retiring?  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
Re: At what Gen did you stop retiring?
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2013, 07:40:52 pm »
+2
If you retire after gen 16, you probably are either really indecisive about your build/gear, made too many bad trades on the marketplace, or use a high-gen character to generate loom points for your low-gen alts. I got to Gen 16 and couldn't think of any reason to retire again.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »
+3
Gen 91, but that was back when xp bonus wasn't capped on retiring so it made sense to keep retiring.  Then they took away 60 of my gens.  Now that i just hit level 36 I will retire again in a month probably, agility archer is a LOT easier to do well anyway since they never balanced how hard wpf gets nerfed by higher powerdraws.  Will be more effective with level 32 archer than my current level 36 archer, though it is nice to have 8 powerstrike for a while.

Also, they only give you +1 gen and +13 looms for retiring at level 36 (could have retired almost 50 times with the xp it took to get to level 36) - 13 seems cheap.  It should be 4 for level 34, 8 for level 35 and 16 for level 36.  Kind of stingy otherwise.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Chris_the_Animal

• Duke
  • Renown: 663
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Chris
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2013, 08:24:59 pm »
Now that i just hit level 36 I will retire again in a month

We gonna have a Legendary  :D

(click to show/hide)
Bros never die!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2013, 08:26:00 pm »
Gen 91, but that was back when xp bonus wasn't capped on retiring so it made sense to keep retiring.  Then they took away 60 of my gens.  Now that i just hit level 36 I will retire again in a month probably, agility archer is a LOT easier to do well anyway since they never balanced how hard wpf gets nerfed by higher powerdraws.

Yes, agility archer is easier, but the accuracy with high PD is actually very nice. Coupled with the amazing damage it makes one quite a force. However, being snail-like is quite bad.. :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2013, 08:18:51 am »
Gen 91, but that was back when xp bonus wasn't capped on retiring so it made sense to keep retiring.  Then they took away 60 of my gens.  Now that i just hit level 36 I will retire again in a month probably, agility archer is a LOT easier to do well anyway since they never balanced how hard wpf gets nerfed by higher powerdraws.  Will be more effective with level 32 archer than my current level 36 archer, though it is nice to have 8 powerstrike for a while.

Also, they only give you +1 gen and +13 looms for retiring at level 36 (could have retired almost 50 times with the xp it took to get to level 36) - 13 seems cheap.  It should be 4 for level 34, 8 for level 35 and 16 for level 36.  Kind of stingy otherwise.

Can you give me one of those loom points? I really need it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2013, 08:46:27 am »
+5
At gen fifteen, I had the will to learn; at gen thirty, I could stand; at gen forty, I had no doubts; at gen fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding; at gen sixty, my ears were opened; at gen seventy, I could do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the square.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2013, 09:54:56 am »
+2
My main (Cyclopsided) is gen 2. It retired only once, at level 16 for 5,000 gold back in old crpg. (is level 32)
my STF (sticky) is gen 2. Same story. (stf lol)
My Alt, Brunchlady is Gen 4. retired to gen 2 via the same method as the other ones way back, then grinded 2 gens well over 2 years ago. Have not retired it since. (level 31)

I have 9 loompoints and 5 retirements. Playing in peasant dresses with peasant weapons let me buy  an additional 4. Never did any marketplace fanciness.

I never liked retiring. I only got to gen 4 on brunchlady way back when so I could have MW stones. That is it. Yup.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2013, 08:58:17 pm »
+1

I agree to make more loompoints for retiring at those levels, but would like to see these numbers increased more.
31 : 1
32 : 2
33 : 3
34 : 6
35 : 12
36 : 24

You still don't get as many lp's as you should for retiring at 31, but it isn't a terrible ratio like what we have now.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2013, 10:30:14 pm »
+2
The allure of a high level shouldn't be in the heirloom points, but in the fact that you're able to play a high level build. The point rewards are decent enough as they are. I'm level 35 and I could have retired a whole bunch of times over- but I didn't, knowing full well that I'd be losing out on potential heirloom points by gaining the pretty massive advantage of having the ability to flesh out a build which would be very min-max at level 30.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2013, 12:02:20 am »
The allure of a high level shouldn't be in the heirloom points, but in the fact that you're able to play a high level build. The point rewards are decent enough as they are. I'm level 35 and I could have retired a whole bunch of times over- but I didn't, knowing full well that I'd be losing out on potential heirloom points by gaining the pretty massive advantage of having the ability to flesh out a build which would be very min-max at level 30.

With my suggestions it allows the option of getting closer to what is deserved if that person wants to retire. It isn't like I suggested these players get more loom-points than normal, they are still getting less. I don't like the idea that I have to sacrifice so much of my xp to get half the reward just because I want to try to heirloom another fun item or want to do a different built.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2013, 12:12:20 am »
I respeced once at lvl 34 because of noobness confusion between retire and respec..I lost 72 millions XP (!)

Then I retired later lvl 34 to be pink master and increase my e-peen

I will do my last retire soon... I m now gen 19.... I have full +3 stuff... I m bored by lag ping spikes in EU1...

I will delete....  :(

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:20:44 am by pepejul »
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2013, 11:04:39 am »
+1
gen 28, i wanted to stop at 16 but i was addicted to the precious button

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2013, 11:16:39 am »
+1
Gen 19, lvl 34 now, 15 +3 items.

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2013, 12:27:16 pm »
+1
I stopped at  20 gen.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2013, 12:37:38 pm »
+1
Gen 19, lvl 34 now, 15 +3 items.

Gen 19, lvl 34 now, 13 +3 items.

We share the same story Kistus.  :)
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat