Author Topic: New player friendly server (Soft Wipe)  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
New player friendly server (Soft Wipe)
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:17:21 pm »
2 very simple suggestions

1. Server, where all your looms count as standart gear
2. Server, where your level recalculated to 30 (if your level is higher). With the option to specify, what same your build will be there, before connecting to this server.

Reasons:

well, as many of you can see crpg became high level contest game, so, every new player feel yourself little hard in this environment.
yes, this server can't teach new players how to skill fast, but at least it can nullify huge benefits from loomed sets of weapon\gear and levels of old players, so every new player will feel ay least psychological parity.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
Re: New player friendly server (Soft Wipe)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:41:15 pm »
+4
Who would play on such a server? We need our penis extensions.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 03:49:53 pm »
+4
Well, right now you can really get around all those problems. (Spoiler alert!)  STF allows you to get to lvl 30, and joining a clan gives you access to the clan's armory so you can become an 'orrible loom stacker twat like everyone else. Now you are on the same like as everyone else, except you still need to l2p as a new player  :wink:  Most clans will be happy to help you with that as well!
Also, most clans require teamwork (kinda point of the whole clan), so now this system actually encourages teamwork further! Yay!  :D

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 04:02:06 pm »
+2
I remember when I started playing and kinda managed to learn how to block, On the siege server I always had Templar_Lerva on my way and he was crushing through my block with his mornigstar. It was impossible for me to kill him as he was higher level and tincan and I hardly bought myself "light leather" and "Two handed sword".

Whatever you tell me, newbies and lvls 30 don't have it harder than we had it years ago and if they can't kill a lvl 33 guy it doesn't have to mean that lvl 33 guy is only better because he's higher lvl. Everybody being same level and same eq is so native...

Player who kills his opponent has the right to kill him. Stronger wins. Player+equipment+lvl+class+...+ping is what makes the winner.

+1 Lennu
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 04:06:58 pm »
Everybody being same level and same eq is so native...

+1 Blueknight

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »
+1
when I was new the single most great experience was to be born into a world of godlike übermen,  tying to survive and maybe hurt them was a thrill. 

thats how i found my old niche of supreme backstabbing,  the only way I could survive long enough to actually hurt sb : )

dont think I would have sticked to crpg without that experience...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 04:24:38 pm »
Player who kills his opponent has the right to kill him. Stronger wins. Player+equipment+lvl+class+...+ping is what makes the winner.

Ping! That goddamn ping!
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 05:15:49 pm »
Skill always beats looms and levels :rolleyes:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 05:19:43 pm »
+1
Who would play on such a server?
I would, that server would be the perfect cRPG experience in my opinion. No hassle with looms and levels, just pick the items you like and bam you are able to compete.

Though of course no one else would play on it, because all of you need your loom and level crutch, and the server would be forever empty. Because grinding is fun or something. If the community was maybe 10 times bigger, then this would be a good idea, as I know of a few other players that dislike looms and levels.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »
+1
I would, that server would be the perfect cRPG experience in my opinion. No hassle with looms and levels, just pick the items you like and bam you are able to compete.

Though of course no one else would play on it, because all of you need your loom and level crutch, and the server would be forever empty. Because grinding is fun or something. If the community was maybe 10 times bigger, then this would be a good idea, as I know of a few other players that dislike looms and levels.

Sounds like that native mod I've heard so much about!
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 06:02:20 pm »
+1

Kind of. Like Native, but with more gear to choose from and more customization in terms of player build (instead of the standard Native template builds which have... odd skill/stat distribution and magic proficiency appearing from nowhere). Really that would be ideal for me as well, somewhere between Native and cRPG as it is currently.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 06:44:15 pm »
Lol Teeth I don't have big mountains of +3 items or anything but I believe that I do pretty well nevertheless. Maybe I have had to make myself to believe that skill always wins grinding in cRPG :rolleyes:.

I'm kind of like long term semi- casual crpg player. Pretty far from "grynd4lyf all gear +3 gen 56 suck it noobs 10 mil gold cry more poor peasants lern2grind lvl 36"- type of dude. Still I'm perfectly fine with how the current character system works.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 07:06:39 pm »
You're not very appreciative of the dev's work on this mod if you think cRPG is Native + levels and looms.  :rolleyes:

Lol Teeth I don't have big mountains of +3 items or anything but I believe that I do pretty well nevertheless. Maybe I have had to make myself to believe that skill always wins grinding in cRPG :rolleyes:.

I'm kind of like long term semi- casual crpg player. Pretty far from "grynd4lyf all gear +3 gen 56 suck it noobs 10 mil gold cry more poor peasants lern2grind lvl 36"- type of dude. Still I'm perfectly fine with how the current character system works.
I just don't like the 'skill still decides who wins' argument for justifying very big differences in ability aside from skill between players that have played a lot and players that have not. Although true, skill is the deciding factor, the argument is a slippery slope and it does not all mean that levels and looms are not a big deal. Sure I can beat a guy with a Danish using a cudgel, still doesn't change anything to the fact that the cudgel is a way worse weapon, and that only giving people who have played 3000 hours a Danish would be unfair. It's just a bit of a void statement in my opinion.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 10:00:59 pm »
You're not very appreciative of the dev's work on this mod.

Hello Pot? This is Kettle. You're black.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 10:43:21 pm »
cRPG is hard because 90% of player have blocking skills, and new players from native don't know block, because they were archer ^^. But I  agree too with the fact heirlooms can make an OP warrior ... For example , a new player from  native won't be able to kill a full plated tincan full of +3 items who knows the art of blocking ...

But you forgot a thing , cRPG isn't native , that's why we have the choice of our character and our equipement. That's a part of cRPG's success at my mind, and "new players" already have a server (EU5) to earn XP , gold , and learn to play against low armored target , and then , they learn basics , and become able to fight players out of this server. That's why cRPG is hardcore, but that's why cRPG is fun : native is full of OP shit as crossbow faster than bows , short bows can kill heavily armored guys, etc ... this game is a challenge, even for ranged players or "my old friends classes", because  in native, it's really too easy to own players.

So, god bless cRPG !  :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:46:24 pm by Algarn_of_Nord »