Author Topic: Horse x-bow  (Read 5720 times)

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
Re: Horse x-bow
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2013, 08:29:17 am »
Dutchies ARB cav doesnt count
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2013, 08:40:45 am »
I agree, how armor works is pretty much fucked up.

Fixed that for you.  :P

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2013, 11:56:26 am »
I don't care about delaying.
I also noticed a funny thing:
Missile speed on strongest +3 bow is 42 (you need 18 str and additional 6PD for it) and regular ligth x-bow missile speed is 44?! For light x-bow you have to get awesome 7 STR.
Bullshit IMO
Archer forever :D

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2013, 01:38:56 pm »
+4
7. Because choice of the horse is usually arabian, the thing is so fast and maneuverable that by the time you draw your bow, HX will already be outside the valid range. And even when it is in range, it is too damn hard kill it cause it takes MW Long bow 3-4 MW Barbed arrows to put +3 Arabian down.

You greatly overestimate the survivability of the arabian warhorse. You're lucky if you're still running around with 2 arrows in it. Hell, even friendly archers can one-shot my arabian, and that's with 50 % damage reduction!
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2013, 01:55:37 pm »
+3
You can't one shot Arabian(not sure if it is +3) even with MW Throwing Lance. Even body shot wont bring it down with MW Throwing lance, just ask Bloody_Hate.

Let me put it like you then: BULLSHIT. I've ridden the arabian enough to know that it can get one-shot (and more often than you think probably).

I stand by my claim that it takes minimum of 3 MW Barbed arrows to body from MW Long bow to bring down +3 arabian horse.

Fair enough, how much have you played with an arabian? I've played 1h cav, lance cav, hx and ha with both loomed and non-loomed arabian to back up my statements. It's rare that it survives 2-3 projectiles, although it can happen. Usually it dies after the second. My arabian got one-shot by a friendly longbowman today, but it also survived 2 throwing lances to the ass one time, running at max speed away (1hp left). Speed bonus makes it vary a lot, but most of the time it goes down quickly.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2013, 02:02:10 pm »
I don't care about delaying.
I also noticed a funny thing:
Missile speed on strongest +3 bow is 42 (you need 18 str and additional 6PD for it) and regular ligth x-bow missile speed is 44?! For light x-bow you have to get awesome 7 STR.
Bullshit IMO
Remember that PD increases the missile speed too. I don't remember exactly how much, but try a PD 1 bow with 1 PD and with 6 and you'll see the difference. Same goes for PT and throwing weapons.

@Kulin&Gurni:
Remember speed bonus is a massive factor. I could 1hit arabians with 5pt and franciscas on my 1h/ht when we both rode straight at each other (I was testing it), but I could also need up to 8-9 of them if I was standing still and he was riding away.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2013, 02:10:35 pm »
Everyone can chill -- I have specced HX so it's going to get nerfed into the fucking ground  8-)

Offline poikakoira

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ROBINHuuD
  • IRC nick: whatt?
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 02:26:17 pm »
Its stypid to be arbalester couse you cant always one shot people even if you got +3 bolts and xbow, but HX does it alltime and probably has better accuracy becouse they hit always.. :D

Offline AvengerC47

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Guerra, guerra nunca cambia
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
  • Game nicks: c47
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 02:29:51 pm »
increase xbow reload speed on horse ... like x2 or x3  from what its now ...

this
Guerra, guerra nunca cambia

Sorry for my bad english :d

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 02:40:01 pm »
60% of my hp with a bodyshot by a horse crossbow. I was wearing 79 body armour, that is the maximum body armour in the game
i must of heard you say this like 5 times in teamspeak these last few days xD and now 1 in writing, marvelous! :D +1

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2013, 02:51:28 pm »
just make it so that horse xbow has to stand still to reload

problem solve
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 02:58:10 pm »
Speed bonus makes it vary a lot, but most of the time it goes down quickly.
@Kulin&Gurni:
Remember speed bonus is a massive factor. I could 1hit arabians with 5pt and franciscas on my 1h/ht when we both rode straight at each other (I was testing it), but I could also need up to 8-9 of them if I was standing still and he was riding away.
For throwing, yes. But my impression in any of these horse ranged related threads is that people overestimate the effects of speed bonus when talking horse archery or crossbowery. Here's why:

I am not sure how it is handled in game, but google tells me longbow arrows can go as fast as 300 km/h or 83 m/s in the real life. Longbow are probably quite powerful in comparison to other ingame bows, so let's say arrows travel between 50-80 m/s. I remember Paul stating that arrow velocity in game was pretty close to real life, can't find the post. Bolts are probably towards the high end of this or maybe even faster. As is reflected in their ingame stats, Longbow has 40 missile speed and the Light Crossbow has 44.

Now a horse, how fast is a horse in game? When talking a full speed courser, probably like 50 km/h or 14 m/s. Which means that if I take the slowest case scenario of an arrow or bolt moving at 50 m/s, which is most likely way too low, and the quite fast speed of the horse at 14 m/s towards the target, the bolt speed is:

50+14 = 64 m/s

Which amounts to (64/50 x 100 = 128% ) a 28% increase in missile speed from moving at full speed towards a target compared to standing still. And this is at the best case scenario with a really fast horse and a really slow projectile.

A more likely calculation in my opinion yields a 17,5% increase in missile speed compared to standing still. (80+14 = 94, 94/80 x 100 = 117,5%)

The speed bonus from a moving horse only has a minor impact on the damage you deal. The varying speed of a horse is simply not that significant compared to the speed of a bolt or arrow. From the looks of it, this is true ingame as well as reality. Different case with throwing, which probably moves at like half or a third of the speed of a bolt and arrow, and therefore the varying speed of a horse is a lot more significant.

tl;dr:
You are not going to do twice the damage because you ride towards a person, a quarter or a third increase is about the best you could hope for.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2013, 03:07:05 pm »
Or what you meant to say is that for a high speed projectile the relative movement between the shooter and the target matters less?

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 03:08:06 pm »
just make it so that horse xbow has to stand still to reload

problem solve
and what is he supposed to do when chased by a cav mob ?  :idea:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:16:33 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 03:17:47 pm »
+2
and what is he supposed to do when chased by a cav mob ?  :idea:

die
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !