Author Topic: Horse x-bow  (Read 5695 times)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
Horse x-bow
« on: May 22, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »
+30
That will be rage topic, but i have a reason.
I got killed by HX. SB_Akbar headshoted me and i died. He was using non loomed equipment (i know that because i'm using Hierloom pack).
But i was playing on my alt catchArabbit, its a str oriented (30 str) with 7 if character what gives me 79 HP.
I was using Lordly Sallet with Visor and Coif 63 armor.
HA are doing me nothing until they have +3 bodkins, in that option they can kill me with 3 headshots (2 if they are using +3 yumi).
HX is the most unballanced class ever.
End of rage, now i'm goingt to play on Steevee and hunt them down  :twisted:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 10:06:31 pm by Kalam »
Archer forever :D

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Re: Horse x-bow
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »
+17
buff HA

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:39:45 pm »
With good speed bonus on my HA I can 1shot STR tincans too. Worse accuracy, though.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:42:24 pm »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:46:14 pm »
I'm surviving headshots from long bows and there's no one in melee who is onehitting me.
For example Bonk needs at least 2 hits to kill me with his +3 great maul.
HX needs to be changed. They deal too big dmg, and they are almost unreachable for most players.
Even 1h cav can hardly kill me with one hit, but they have to be in my reach too if they want to kill me.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 09:52:06 pm »
The solution as far as I can tell is to nerf all ranged

Really though, headshot damage from ranged should be toned down a lot
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:53:20 pm »
+3
Longbow guy complaining about HX? HX are more like pests than full on threats like archers

As an archers i love killing HX. IMO foot archery is preety ballanced atm and should stay as it is. But a HX is a biggest joke in c-rpg atm.
It's really easy to play, low upkeep, hillarius  high dmg, pinpoint accuracy and mobility.
I don't want to nerf them to the ground, just make them on comparable level with HA

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 09:56:03 pm »
+30
Yeh horse xbows often take 1/2 hp from me with 60 body armour. With just a body shot. That plus their accuracy and their maneuverability makes them a ridiculous class. I would frankly remove them.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 10:08:12 pm »
+4
Yeh horse xbows often take 1/2 hp from me with 60 body armour. With just a body shot. That plus their accuracy and their maneuverability makes them a ridiculous class. I would frankly remove them.

i wouldn't mind never seeing them again also.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 10:10:36 pm »
+15
60% of my hp with a bodyshot by a horse crossbow. I was wearing 79 body armour, that is the maximum body armour in the game and I had 60  max hp. So that is about 36 hitpoints taken away after going through 79 body armour. Simply fucking bullshit. You can talk all you want about speed bonus, but a basic understanding of physics will tell you that the influence of a moving horse is not that significant on the speed of a launched bolt. Speed bonus does not explain this enormous damage potential.

In general I think the protection that armour offers you against melee hits and the protection it offers you against ranged is fucked up. I have been playing full plate on an alt and I take a shit load of melee hits to die, yet 3 arrows or 2 bolts still kill me as always. Armour makes you so slow that you are a complete ranged target and barely helps at all.

On the subject of horse crossbow, nerf them to the level of horse archer. The difference between those two classes is enormous and horse archer is at a good strength now. Only the dedicated still play it instead of every skillless scrub who wants some easy kills as in the case of horse crossbowmen.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 10:14:32 pm »
IMO they should stay in c-rpg, bacause it gives some more colors to that game, but they are too strong ATM and I'm telling that as a 2h, not an archer.
It's just silly that they can reload their x-bow on horseback without using any mechanism.

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:44 pm »
+1
IMO they should stay in c-rpg, bacause it gives some more colors to that game, but they are too strong ATM and I'm telling that as a 2h, not an archer.
It's just silly that they can reload their x-bow on horseback without using any mechanism.
increase xbow reload speed on horse ... like x2 or x3  from what its now ...

edit:
xbows (should) serve as "sniper-role" analogy to other games - game-design-wise
HX are the "better" and cheaper HA atm ... thats flawed design imo ... no offense
i love playing my HA even with low k/d and loss of hundreds of thousands of gold since i play it ... but HX defo needs to require more skill !
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:33:38 pm by Micah »
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 10:35:58 pm »
+3
Archer playing with his 2h alt and whining about getting shot  :lol:

Anyway what teeth mentioned is true, that armour gives you proper protection vs melee hits but shitty protection vs ranged. On the other hand I think that if it was giving you pro protection in both cases, then armour would be OP. Super high upkeep, movement & wpf penalty should be followed by good protection. Slightly increased armour significance vs projectiles would be a good thing.

About HX... I remember being teamshot by HX in the chest. 24STR, 6IF and 67 armour and I still lost 50% hp.. From friendly HX
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:45:20 pm by BlueKnight »

Skyrim UI

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 10:39:41 pm »
+5
Increase reload speed or remove added speed bonus from horse.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Necrorave

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Who the fuck is this guy?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul
  • Game nicks: Necrorave and or Cheesus Crust
  • IRC nick: Necrorave
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 10:46:58 pm »
+8
I am not one to complain to change something but I feel this would make sense to give Horse-Crossbowmen and Horse-Archers major differences.  (Plus, we all know a HX on any kind of armored horse is just silly)

Do not touch Horse Archer as it is.
Instead..

Since there are two stages to cav when it comes to speed.  I will call these stages "Steady speed" (Slower) and "Couching speed" (Faster)
The difference is not only the ability to couch at the faster speed, but also the animation of your character's stance changes.

I believe that Horse-Crossbowmen should not be able to reload during Couching Speed.  If you wish to add something to compensate, fair enough.  I really believe that this would help though when it comes to balancing the difference between HA and HX.  HX obviously has more damage and the ability to hold shots for extended time, and a fairly quick reload to go with it.  I think the need to slow down will give rangers on foot and other cav chances to take advantage of a weakspot.  Let's face it, other then the small reload time a HX does not have a weakness (Unless you spawn without a melee but thats besides the point I am trying to make)  While HA does has rapid fire, it lacks damage without speed bonus and is mostly used to support and harass.

This is just my idea, I have nothing against these classes (I have no room to strongly feel for one side or the other mostly because I have never tried these classes.)
This is just me making an observation and creating a solution.

Let me know what you think.

The only "Basic" solution that did not involve nerfing items, skills, or removing Horse-Crossbowmen.  (That I can think of)