Author Topic: Nudge lolol TL;DR  (Read 2908 times)

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
Nudge lolol TL;DR
« on: May 19, 2013, 05:14:10 pm »
+22
Change nudge. Yesterday I've been running around with my 1h cav character on foot because this puching was funny as hell. This feature seems to be kinda innocent and it's not that useful 1vs1 or 1vs2 but in 2vs1 situation it's impossible to lose. WhiteKnight who's not even 1h was using it as well. We were simply running to people punching them, they were stunned and we were spamming them. It was hilarious but it's op.

My character who has 15 str and mail mittens with this nudge could stun an enemy who was wearing heavy armour and holding a block with his shield, really? If I dropped my weapon I could be punching him all day long and he wouldn't be even interrupted but with this nudge, even a tincan can be stunned by bare-handed woman.

Another thing wrong with nudge is that it stops moving enemy which is kinda too much. I guess this feature would be good enough if it was interrupting enemy but stopping him for a while is gamebreaking.

I like the fact that it's very short but it's still really easy to punch an enemy. I was laughing whole yesterday's evening because of this funny feature but it needs adjustment. I was waiting for topic like this to be started by somebody but haven't seen any, so I started mine. Maybe I'm just blind and haven't seen any.

I would suggest nudge to work similar to punch, so that enemy's armour and the weight of gauntlets and str of attacker was taken in account. Also it shouldn't stop the enemy and should be blockable with shield.

Another funny thing is when you change your weapon from for example polearm to 1h. Instantly even before you draw your 1h you can use that nudge. WhiteKnight was using lawlpike and punching people because nudge was available even before the 1h weapon was drawn completely. It looked ridiculous :D

Nudge is 2 powerful. Any enemy dying close to me was punched by me before he got ganked, it's ridiculous and extremely funny but still, it's op.

Also I don't see why same mechanic couldn't be used with 2h weapons. Believe or not but it's not that hard to hold 2h sword in 1 hand for a while  :rolleyes: Maybe some 2h weapons like great maul and other "heavy duty" stuff should be restricted but I don't see any reason why 2h swords shouldn't use this feature, especially after adjusting it's power to the normal level.

On the other hand it's hard for me to imagine polearmers use this feature unless hoplites punching with shield which I believe is on it's way. All in all nudging while holding a block looks just like an animation made for use of shielders.

Ah and last but not least, I have knocked down 3 enemies yesterday with this nudge thingy... Really? I don't know how but I knocked down 3 players with it. Is there any nudge combo that knocks enemy down? I don't know how it happened but I scored 3 knockdowns with nudge. I guess people are just pussies who fall on the ground from lefthand punch which all in all looks like a kindergarten bitchslap.

Anyway much love to developers who still improve the mod. Keep up the good work and thx for this feature (but really, adjust it).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
Re: Nudge lolol TL;DR
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 07:05:12 pm »
I feel we don't need a nudge, isn't kick enough?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 07:25:51 pm »
+3
The more mechanics the better I would say, obviously as long as their power is under control.

Skyrim UI

Offline Jarold

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 142
  • "Always wear more armor than the guy next to you."
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarold
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 07:46:45 pm »
But isn't it the exact same thing as a kick?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 07:51:00 pm »
They are totally different and give you different bonuses. Primary use of kick is so the enemy gets into it and you score a hit and when it comes to punch, you catch the enemy and puch him so other teammate close to you can hit him. You might try to hit as well but you have to be quick because punch-stun lasts shorter than kick stun. Basically punching is great gangbang-tool and you can do that while moving and kicking is rather 1vs1 "trap" that enemy has to go into.

Skyrim UI

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2013, 07:58:45 pm »
+1
Poor Jarold can't play to see for himself  :cry:

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 08:19:58 pm »
Punching messes with your animations quite a bit, and it's no risk since you can block immediately afterwards. It makes feints and holds much trickier. The stun is still no joke even in a 1v1. I found the nudge more useful for me in duel server so far, since in a gank, overhead is always my best option and you don't need to facehug. Although, this is coming from a player with only 5ath. High ath 1hs can use this extremely well, and the stun is still sometimes long enough to hit in an unblockable position.

I like the idea of still being able to move when you get nudged. I would also like the knockdown not to happen on the fastest nudge. I think the slower ones should work on shields, while the quick one doesn't.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 08:23:20 pm »
+3
Also I don't see why same mechanic couldn't be used with 2h weapons. Believe or not but it's not that hard to hold 2h sword in 1 hand for a while  :rolleyes: Maybe some 2h weapons like great maul and other "heavy duty" stuff should be restricted but I don't see any reason why 2h swords shouldn't use this feature, especially after adjusting it's power to the normal level.
Because 1h without shield has no real advantage compared to 2h or 1h with shield, therefore they get the nudge to make up for that.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2013, 08:25:19 pm »
Punching messes with your animations quite a bit, and it's no risk since you can block immediately afterwards. It makes feints and holds much trickier. The stun is still no joke even in a 1v1. I found the nudge more useful for me in duel server so far, since in a gank, overhead is always my best option and you don't need to facehug. Although, this is coming from a player with only 5ath. High ath 1hs can use this extremely well, and the stun is still sometimes long enough to hit in an unblockable position.

I like the idea of still being able to move when you get nudged. I would also like the knockdown not to happen on the fastest nudge. I think the slower ones should work on shields, while the quick one doesn't.

The "slow" one only looks slow. As far as i know and from what I've noticed it is as instant as normal nudge. And ye, sometimes you can hit the enemy but it doesn't change the fact that you have to react quickly to do that. All I said about 1vs1 is that then it's not op but in 2vs1 you just stop the enemy and he gets between you and your teammate which is bad for him lol.

EDIT: Also this game has enough knockdown already, don't add even more.

Because 1h without shield has no real advantage compared to 2h or 1h with shield, therefore they get the nudge to make up for that.

You believe it?

Skyrim UI

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 08:35:13 pm »
Two nudges already have knockdown. There is a nudge guide on the forums that explains this. I was suggesting to remove one of them, or move its functionality to a nudge that is more difficult to perform.

Offline Canuck

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Canuck
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 08:37:58 pm »

I agree with that, the quick ones at least should really be more of an interruption of your enemies action rather than a complete stun.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2013, 09:27:34 pm »
+1
You believe it?
What clear advantage does 1h without shield have compared to 2h and 1h with shield?

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2013, 09:45:04 pm »
What clear advantage does 1h without shield have compared to 2h and 1h with shield?
- Moves of 1h without shield are harder to follow than moves of 1h with shield.
- 1h without shield moves faster than 1h with shield (shield is heavy)
- 1h are cheaper than 2h
- 1h are faster than 2h
- all 1h knockdown weapons & shieldbreakers are balanced
- 1h are better on horseback than 2h
- fastest attack of 1h is also attack to the head (l. swing)

Basically the point of 1h compared to 2h is that you hit more often for less damage.

And what are the benefits of 2h and 1h+ shield over 1h no shield?

2h:
- some weapons are longer than 1h
- deals more damage than 1h

1h+shield:
- blocks projectiles
- blocks multiple attacks in the same time
- blocks couch

I don't see your point of 1h no shield being so much worse it needs additional animation.

+stahp the derail

Skyrim UI

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 09:53:02 pm »
+9
- Moves of 1h without shield are harder to follow than moves of 1h with shield.
- 1h without shield moves faster than 1h with shield (shield is heavy)
- 1h are cheaper than 2h
- 1h are faster than 2h
- all 1h knockdown weapons & shieldbreakers are balanced
- 1h are better on horseback than 2h
- fastest attack of 1h is also attack to the head (l. swing)

Basically the point of 1h compared to 2h is that you hit more often for less damage.

And what are the benefits of 2h and 1h+ shield over 1h no shield?

2h:
- some weapons are longer than 1h
- deals more damage than 1h

1h+shield:
- blocks projectiles
- blocks multiple attacks in the same time
- blocks couch

I don't see your point of 1h no shield being so much worse it needs additional animation.

+stahp the derail

My God! If only the devs knew all this sooner! Whatever will those poor, defenseless 2-handers do?

I'll just leave this here...

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 10:13:03 pm »
My God! If only the devs knew all this sooner! Whatever will those poor, defenseless 2-handers do?

I'll just leave this here...

I see you just summarised all 2h weapons by bringing 2 out of 3 (forgot miaodao) best spamming weapons.

Right swing of NCS is still longer than Longsword's swings. Anyway I don't know about percentage of usage 2hs in NA but EU usually uses longer/slower 2hs. Longsword and bastard sword are great, I hate fighting against them.

Also note that I am not seeking for 2h buff so I don't really know your point now.

Skyrim UI