Author Topic: Ban Kap10  (Read 460 times)

Offline HarryCrumb

• Earl
  • Renown: 339
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Ban Kap10
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »
Approximately 12:30 CST on May 8th, I was intentionally TK'd on my alt character named JohnRedcorn by Occitan_Kap10. We were in a skirmish and one of my jarids hit him accidently and he proceeded to turn around and two-shot me. You will see in the logs that he tells me to not shoot into melees but as the server rules state, it isn't against server policy to do so. Please let me know if you need any more information, I was unable to snag a SS as the map switched quickly after the incident.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
Re: Ban Kap10
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:55:02 pm »
I was not there but for future reference if you press L you can access a chat log which would have some evidence in it. 
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Ban Kap10
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 10:54:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)

No teamwounds were reported, so the only thing I have to go by is the chat & the fact you were TK'd by Kap10.  In the future I suggest CTRL+M, since repeated teamwounds can help make it more clear something was intentional.

Kap10 seems to allude to it being intentional by saying you black-barred him, however the circumstances seem a little muddy since it sounds like your ping was awful.  I'm a proponent of the ATTS mentality, however with 300 ping... it starts to get into the 'reckless TW' territory (precedent).  Not that it would justify an intentional teamkill, but it changes the tone of the situation.

Kap10 has been around for a long time, and in that time he's only been banned once -almost a year and a half ago.

Considering the light ban history given his time here I'm going to let him off with a warning, but will send a message so he knows this thread came up.

Locking thread.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345