Author Topic: The steppe winds  (Read 19616 times)

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
Re: The steppe winds
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2013, 02:39:45 am »
+9
All they could see was a distant dust rising from the east. It was all that could be seen from the now distant, marching armies. The people had cheered and made sacrifices to the Gods, there had been no weeping women or cries of children this time, for their menfolk were marching away to our homeland, to free our people from bondage. The two old warriors watched from the tallest tower in Narra. One geared for war, shield and hammer in his hands leaning against the tower door. The other wearing a medallion with a raven and staff etched on it, in his hand a long axe taller then he was.

The Shaman spoke first, "The signs are good, a clear sky and a cold wind. Odin is with them."

The Old Jarl replied, "It is not the Gods that will help them now. They had better remember what we taught them."

Both men turned back to watching the dust rise in the east. And there they stood til night fell and all were asleep in the city below. They left via a secret path, heading deep into the mountains, to only return when their people needed a reminder about what they had become and who had helped them get there.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to:
(click to show/hide)

Offline BadooN

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 4 wheel drive
  • Game nicks: Badoon, Barnabus Ballson
  • IRC nick: BadooN
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2013, 02:53:09 am »
+7
I could make a decent sized post, RP or not, but I think I'll pass and say this:

My clan and I are staying neutral, I personally refused to declare war on FCC, merely because I feel as though we're friends.  We don't owe them anything, and they don't owe us anything, but they've helped us and we've helped them.  Now stay the fuck out of my village and we're cool.
Thanks Artyem we were all dying to know what you and your "clan" was going to do here.

I know I am sexy
Idk what happened to the original drunk viking pic but for some reason its gone now, but yeah you're sexy.

Also Daruvian do us all a favor and please remove yourself from these forums

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2013, 02:58:47 am »
+1
Ah Mr. Zlisch who knows nothing about NA or its players but insists on shit talking lots of people all the same. If you had been paying attention you would know that FCC is already at war with all but 4 (Astralis, FPP, AoW, VE) of the NA factions that have more than 10 members. It can hardly be seen as "whining the second someone declares war on us" when we display annoyance at being attacked by one of the (at the time) 5 groups with 10+ players who wasn't already at war with us and that they chose to make their declaration a few days after we engaged in another war. Anyways, I expect we will see lots of aggressive moves from Hosp/Occ while fimbl leaves all its cities unguarded and sends troops our way.
You're at war with some factions who aren't actively invaded you, cry more.
Oh my gawd, Cold Front Alliance at war with half the map mercs declare war on them and bros declare war and stuff *spergs out* so many wars even though most of them aren't being fought against them, gg.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2013, 03:14:36 am »
+2
You're at war with some factions who aren't actively invaded you, cry more.
Oh my gawd, Cold Front Alliance at war with half the map mercs declare war on them and bros declare war and stuff *spergs out* so many wars even though most of them aren't being fought against them, gg.

Here is a rundown for you.

FCC is actively fighting against CHAOS and FIDGLB. Many battles going on and they are right next door.
FCC is still at war with Occitan and Hospitallers; this conflict has quieted down but Occitan has been amassing troops in the steppes and thus threatening FCC holdings there. Hospitaller also still has troops in that same area.

So basically, We already have hordes of hostile troops on two different fronts and now one of the factions we were on good terms with has turned its troops towards us which also makes it extremely likely that Occitan and hospitaller will be mounting an offensive.

Make more sense?

For all the people going "STOP WHINING YOU my old friend" I am trying to state the situation and yeah, I am annoyed by it but I think it is an exaggeration to say I'm super mad and upset. Plus, if we didn't discuss these events on the forums... then what would the diplomacy section even be? It would be totally empty... is that what you want?

Offline Ethgar

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Ethgar_FIDLGB
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2013, 03:20:06 am »
+4
Not gonna lie,   I for one enjoy the diplomacy section.   We all know this is a game, but we make it that much more fun by actively taunting each other and talking trash................................I SAY WE KEEP THIS S$#T GOING!!!!     
“If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful”

"We shall never win, if we are divided....."

Offline The_Slim

• Count
  • Renown: 220
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_MAGIC_MISSILE LL_Slim GroundfaultCircuitInterruptr LL_DragonBallzDeep Butlerhands
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2013, 03:38:57 am »
Interesting change up, best of luck.

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2013, 04:00:04 am »
+3
Do us all a favor and just say thanks Fimbs for the battles to come and stop crying about fighting multiple factions or being the one at a disadvantage.

I thought I did that in my post...

http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/the-steppe-winds/msg779359/#msg779359

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2013, 04:23:23 am »
+3
Plus, if we didn't discuss these events on the forums... then what would the diplomacy section even be? It would be totally empty... is that what you want?

Yes
Pock gobblers

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2013, 04:41:10 am »
+1
FCC - already at war with just about everyone.

i feel bad for you :(
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2013, 04:46:47 am »
+4
I'd like to make a statement in our defense:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2013, 05:29:40 am »
+12
Collection of screenshots from first battle this evening:

I am a helpful man, though this man of the opposition was mortally wounded, I carry him to a healing tent so that he may live to fight another day.
(click to show/hide)

Medieval Fire Department Rescue Attempt -- Poor Souls abandoned above a floating Healing Tent...
(click to show/hide)

We failed to rescue one (no big loss, it's just Carac)
(click to show/hide)
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2013, 05:52:01 am »
+1
Thanks Artyem we were all dying to know what you and your "clan" was going to do here.

No problem, pal, I know you've got a grudge against me for something I probably didn't do two years ago, but you need to calm your shit.

1/3 of the Fimbulvetr leadership not going into a waste of a war is pretty important, for internal internet sword and horsey politics at least.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2013, 05:53:00 am »
+4
{that is a prime example of the power of defense and having a crap ton of quality mercs that could make use of the healing tents... till the tower ran off and left them flying Also sorry this is in the wrong thread but as they say we are at war with everyone! I am counting you all the same hahaha.}

Saxton's son was leading his warband dreaming of the day he could avenge his fathers death. Out of a dense fog the sound of horses and the an arrow appeared. The fletchings bowler green. Looks like his wish was answered. He did not know if he was facing 10 or 10,000 but since when has that mattered to the warriors of the Terrortops.

he ordered his men to the top of the nearest hill to start building fortifications, but realized quickly that the location was just not going to hold. They abandoned the work and newly built siege tower.

The bowlers stormed over the hill and took control of the tower. We are not sure if they were drunk or just lost in the fog but they decided to drive it directly to the best defensible position on the map for us. We gladly thanked them for the effort with our blades.

What the enemy did not know is that this warband was formed with veterans and banner-men who have been fighting since time began. Heroes anchored nearly every inch of the line. They did not break. Time and again out of the fog roared the enemy only to crash upon the three horns of our god. Those roars turned to screams and weeping.

Saxton's son held the head of the bowlers general in his hand at the end of the fight and promptly made it kiss his ass. Cheers from his men were drowned out, in the distance the war horns were blowing.. Well now, it sounds like the fight is not over tonight. We shall see what remains when the light shines again in the morning.

The Terror Rises

Ohay
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:14:55 am by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2013, 06:45:13 am »
+4
NUUUUU YOU FORGOT ZE RP ITALICS!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline BadooN

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 41
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 4 wheel drive
  • Game nicks: Badoon, Barnabus Ballson
  • IRC nick: BadooN
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2013, 06:52:58 am »
+1
No problem, pal, I know you've got a grudge against me for something I probably didn't do two years ago, but you need to calm your shit.

1/3 of the Fimbulvetr leadership not going into a waste of a war is pretty important, for internal internet sword and horsey politics at least.
Edit: Deleted, sorr y Relit <3

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:30:40 am by BadooN »