Poll

Should we globally buff different classes around 2h?

Yes.
No.
Buff 2h.
At fifteen, I had the will to  learn ; at thirty, I could stand ; at forty, I had no  doubts ; at fifty, I understood the heavenly Bidding ;  at sixty, my ears were opened ; at seventy, I could  do as my heart lusted without trespassing from the  square.

Author Topic: Buff Everything around 2h  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Brrrak

• Earl
  • Renown: 442
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brrrak
Buff Everything around 2h
« on: May 04, 2013, 06:45:40 pm »
+8
Exactly what the title says.  So many people complain and cry out for nerfs to 2h, which has really not seen many, to be fair, and go on and on and on about how it takes no skill to use 2h against other people.  Well, that's not really quite accurate, but it's a good hyperbole for exposing the real problem with 2h vs. most other builds.  See, my assertion is that, as it stands, 2h is just right where it needs to be: beautiful animations, good weapon stats, easy to use and hard to master. 
(click to show/hide)
So, what are we to do?  Do we just nerf 2h as every other class has been, until we're all running about just boffing each other with nerf swords and nerf bolts and splashing water on each other for throwing weapons?  Or, do we leave 2h where it is, perhaps with a few tweaks(?), and buff everything around where 2h is now?  A lot of you will argue, "2h is so easy, so overpowered, that it will take a huge amount of buffing to get 1h/pole/etc. etc. etc., whatever I play to the point where 2h is."  If it takes that much buffing, I say, let's do all that buffing.

Who's with me?

FRESH EDIT: Seeing some really good ideas being posted here.  That was part of the intent of this thread: not to just gather what the overall feeling regarding 2h vs. other melee is, but also to get ideas on how to better balance things out.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:46:56 pm by Brrrak »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
Re: Buff Everything around 2h
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 08:45:30 pm »
+3
Well, I'd say 2H and 1H are pretty fine atm, love both, I think Pole could use a buff (except of Glaive, the 2 Bardiches and the high end nordic axes),
same as Thrown and unloomed Archers. Don't think Cav or Crossbows need a buff, maybe Ha's.
Imo balance should be made with each item, not with the class in general, I dun think every 2H is as easy to use as HBS/Longsword/Katana and the Greatswords.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 09:10:07 pm »
+6
Been doing this for months now, have you happened to notice how 2h hasn't been touched, yet the other two classes have had several weapon buffs?
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:40:43 pm »
+2
I think you can't pull this off like that, just saying "buff everything", because in least cases the strength growth and the class power shifts resulting from it are linear or proportional.

I am still advertising the battle mode => conquest mode change. This change can bring a lot of change to the class balance, and as a lot of problems which were caused by the relation between infantry and cav/archers would disappear, those classes could be buffed again. And if archers are buffed again the shielder would suffer less from it than the two handers, so on one hand it's similar to your suggestion, but with yet another step put in between, the game mode change.

With battle mode in its current shape any buff of archers and cavalry would again shift the powers away from infantry, never mind how good you buff inf. The reason for this is that the problems of infantry vs. cav + archers do not come from balance problems and tweaking items or skills. They come from the mission objective.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 10:26:44 pm »
+5
The only things I complain about with 2h is the super long sweet spot on its stab (Plus the instant hit stab on light armor when hugging.) and the overhead doing full damage after it hits the ground if you turn into the person, otherwise it's decently balanced.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:38:06 pm by FrugFrug »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 10:46:09 pm »
If you give 2H 1H leftswing you can buff the rest ;-)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Ulter

• Baron
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Duke_Henry_HRE
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 11:19:54 pm »
+3
If you give 2H 1H leftswing you can buff the rest ;-)

either of 2h side swings are like 1h leftwing. except head-hitting part :P

Franky, I think the main thing that should be reconsidered regarding 2h are the stab  and halfswording.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 12:58:06 am »
+2
Balancing 2h around greatswords is like balancing all polearms solely around a glaive.
Turtles

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 09:50:00 am »
+2
Why should 2h get nerfed when it's clearly the bastard swords, the longsword, the katana, and the great maul that are vastly greater than every single weapon in the game.

Bastard swords: insane speed and damage coupled with silly stab mechanics and very cheap upkeep cost leave all the 2handers with character (axes, warclubs, goedengag, dadao) to collect dust in the shop.

Longsword: the most powerful and useful weapon in the game. Number 1 weapon on foot, number 1 weapon on horseback. Price is quite affordable and speed and damage, like the bastard swords dominate the battlefield.

Katana: A silly weapon that would, given the period this mod is supposed to be set in, have no practical use against any armor with mail, yet it cuts down even those who wear plate with a speed and length unmatched by any weapon in the game. Pandering to children who watched one too many animes.

Great maul: What can be said about this weapon besides being the strength crutchers wet dream? Long enough to keep your distance, short and light enough to spam in groups of enemies while in a seizure induced crouch that is next to impossible to get a hit on without hurting your teammates. Oh yeah, did I mention it has knockdown?

All of these could be ignored if it wasn't for the greatest flaw of all. Yes 2handers could be very versatile and fast in combat, in light to no armor. We have people in plate and heavy armor doing stabs and maneuvers that are impossible.

Possible solutions:

-Price change, reduce the cost of the longer 2h weapons like the flamberge and great swords, while further increasing price on the longsword and bastard swords. Katanas, being an exotic weapon should cost even more, perhaps as much as the current nodachi

-Reduce the speed on all the weapons listed above.

-Rework the stab mechanics and hitboxes

-Ban everyone who isn't a 2 hander, effectively silencing all opposition and turning the servers into a 2handed dystopia.

-Buff the speed and remove the glance on the backswing for the Long maul. Long mauls are too sensitive to manskirts. This has nothing to do with 2h and is just here for the sliver of a chance that a dev is actively reading what anyone puts in the suggestion forum.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 04:12:32 pm »
+1
either of 2h side swings are like 1h leftwing. except head-hitting part :P

True. And the "head-hitting" aspect of 1h left swing aint all that, because all a 2h user has to do is facehug and ready a swing, and their animation ducks under the 1h left swing animation.

2h is so powerful because it doesn't have a "deadzone". Left side, right side, near, far; any position is a good position to strike. 1h has to fight to keep their target on their left side, pole same thing but right side. For thrusts, 1h has to keep their target at nearly exactly 1m away to not glance, and polearm has very little reach on their thrust anyway. 2h can easily land thrusts at any distance between 0-2m.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 08:00:03 pm »
Buff Polearms (especially Pike and Longspear)
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11:33 pm »
+2

Yeah , but try to remove the ability to dance with them... That's stupid and that's a pain ...

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 08:19:55 pm »
+2
If this is serious... :D

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 09:16:09 pm »
If this is serious... :D

Not serious

Yeah , but try to remove the ability to dance with them... That's stupid and that's a pain ...

1 attack direction and people still fall for the simplest tricks
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?